Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Snakeye #638509 24/08/21 03:36 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye
A lot of wayward passing and he gave the ball away on the edge of the box which could have resulted in a goal. He got better in the second half, he will become better with time, i think it's a wise decision to play him with the first team so they can cover his weaknesses instead of playing him in the league cup with weak teams. I would not play him against Chelsea, Fabinho hopefully will start instead.

Agree, he did look to lack confidence a bit but became better especially after the 2nd goal and Burnley at home was a good game to give him the opportunity.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Another solid game today and shows the confidence klopp has in him to play him against Chelsea for 90 minutes.

He looks a regular now

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Wrong decision imo, why didn't Keita keep his place, he has a better understanding with the front 3. Elliott looks decent but it's not even his best position so we played a youngster in a wrong position against a top team. Jota and Tsimikas should of started too, why disrupt a winning team?

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Snakeye #638527 29/08/21 12:21 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Wrong decision imo, why didn't Keita keep his place, he has a better understanding with the front 3. Elliott looks decent but it's not even his best position so we played a youngster in a wrong position against a top team. Jota and Tsimikas should of started too, why disrupt a winning team?

I also think we should have brought Thiago on much earlier we showed more penetration once he came on.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Stanley Park

I also think we should have brought Thiago on much earlier we showed more penetration once he came on.

I don't think Thiago is 100% yet, so maybe that is why he came on later, I think it was a mistake to leave out Keita, he is all an action player and gets around the pitch, changing a winning side was a surprise.

Our left side was poor, Mane got good positions but kept losing control and had poor passes, Robbo also had a poor game, maybe as he has been out injured, but Kosta's should have come on earlier.

We needed some real pace to stretch Chelsea and get behind them, especially when they went to 10 men, we had no one to come on from the bench and give that, which just shows we still need to bring in an alternative attacker with pace, especially when Mane was so poor.

O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
We have 4 forward players in total and now one injured so three. We have 10 midfielders or so. We have 5 or 6 cb. Is that a balanced group? Not for me at least.

ecnirp98 #638533 30/08/21 02:57 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By Stanley Park

I don't think Thiago is 100% yet, so maybe that is why he came on later, I think it was a mistake to leave out Keita, he is all an action player and gets around the pitch, changing a winning side was a surprise.

Our left side was poor, Mane got good positions but kept losing control and had poor passes, Robbo also had a poor game, maybe as he has been out injured, but Kosta's should have come on earlier.

We needed some real pace to stretch Chelsea and get behind them, especially when they went to 10 men, we had no one to come on from the bench and give that, which just shows we still need to bring in an alternative attacker with pace, especially when Mane was so poor.

Can't understand why Thiago didn't start unless not fully fit, it was wrong to start Elliott in such a tough game IMO

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
Everyone so bummed out about Elliot, I thought it was very nearly a MOTM performance from him. Excellent range of passing and ball retention/decision making. For me as usual the forwards fluffed their lines when presented with opportunities. I don't think much would have changed if Keita was there or Thiago or whatever that's just splitting hairs fact is similar to last season suprise suprise our forwards conversion rate is garbage. I'm not going full pessimism yet because 2 wins and a draw against chelsea is a 8/10 start to the season but I think we will come short in the goal scoring department again.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion