Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
ecnirp98 #638223 28/06/21 06:20 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
This will come down to what Mbappe wants, I think he will run down his contract, then it is up to him.

He will earn a fortune whoever he joins, most free transfers get a lump sum payment as a signing on fee, so the wage is similar to the players already at the club. If he wants the best package, we will not be in the equation as RM/Barca etc will pay silly wages, if he wants the romance of joining a club like Liverpool and going on the Big One at Blackpool with Klopp, we may have a chance .......

I doubt he will sign for us.

I don't know what romance there is at Liverpool

Alissons last minute goal, coming back from 3-0 down to knock Barca out, Istanbul.... that's what I mean, we have a history built on great/unbelievable moments. City won the PL last season, where is their outstanding moment? no one was bothered when they won the PL, their fans barely turned up at the stadium, they spend a fortune and win the PL, so what, look at when we won it the season before.

If we hadn't spent a fortune on Alisson and VVD, we wouldn't have won anything as well and big players want huge wages, not romance, unless it comes with big wages, ask our romantic Wij

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 28/06/21 06:21 PM.
EnergisedReds #638224 28/06/21 08:38 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
This will come down to what Mbappe wants, I think he will run down his contract, then it is up to him.

He will earn a fortune whoever he joins, most free transfers get a lump sum payment as a signing on fee, so the wage is similar to the players already at the club. If he wants the best package, we will not be in the equation as RM/Barca etc will pay silly wages, if he wants the romance of joining a club like Liverpool and going on the Big One at Blackpool with Klopp, we may have a chance .......

I doubt he will sign for us.

I don't know what romance there is at Liverpool

Alissons last minute goal, coming back from 3-0 down to knock Barca out, Istanbul.... that's what I mean, we have a history built on great/unbelievable moments. City won the PL last season, where is their outstanding moment? no one was bothered when they won the PL, their fans barely turned up at the stadium, they spend a fortune and win the PL, so what, look at when we won it the season before.

If we hadn't spent a fortune on Alisson and VVD, we wouldn't have won anything as well and big players want huge wages, not romance, unless it comes with big wages, ask our romantic Wij

I agree big players want huge wages, and if he wants the biggest wages we will not sign him, as the likes of RM & Barca will pay more than we can.

The money we spent on VvD & Alisson was generated form the sale of Coutinho, but shows we will spend big when we need to, as long as we can afford it.

As for Wij, we were never going to match the packages offered by the likes of Barca or PSG, we have seen the best of WIj, he was a great player for us and good luck to him, it was as much Wij choice to move as it was our choice not to give him what he wanted at his age.

ecnirp98 #638225 30/06/21 04:12 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

I agree big players want huge wages, and if he wants the biggest wages we will not sign him, as the likes of RM & Barca will pay more than we can.

The money we spent on VvD & Alisson was generated form the sale of Coutinho, but shows we will spend big when we need to, as long as we can afford it.

As for Wij, we were never going to match the packages offered by the likes of Barca or PSG, we have seen the best of WIj, he was a great player for us and good luck to him, it was as much Wij choice to move as it was our choice not to give him what he wanted at his age.

I would rather say, most if not all players want huge salaries, but not everyone get what they want. On our side we cannot afford such players, that is a fact. Regarding VVD and Alisson, what I wanted to point out is that big players make the difference and again we do not have the finances for that unless we get a jackpot selling players. So let's be realistic and I would advise people to stop talking about Mbappe coming to us

BARTON42 #638257 07/07/21 10:52 AM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
As it stands there's only 2 clubs (3 with PSG) that are on the radar for Mbappe. Real Madrid who are in a financial mess and us.

I still believe a creative solution can be constructed for Mbappe's arrival at Anfield. Nike "still" haven't ingratiated themselves to the club, especially with their BIG PR of "The Chosen 2" of Lebron James & Mbappe. Lebron being a near 2% shareholder in LFC and huge advocate for Nike...FSG courting Mbappe prior to him joining PSG. There's lots of PLUS for Nike cementing a bigger partnership of Lebron & Mbappe on the world stage. The likes of Ronaldo & Messi are in the very advanced stages of their careers and Mbappe is seen as the likely successor to their crowns.

Mbappe seems set to want to leave PSG and I really can't see PSG allowing him to leave on a FREE so will look to at least get something for him this summer.

BARTON42 #638258 07/07/21 12:48 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Will be interesting to see what happens after the Euro's, when I expect transfers to start happening.

I do not see Mbappe moving this summer, Barca & RM are in turmoil financially, Man Utd have spent big on Sancho, PSG would not sell to City, that only really leaves Chelsea who could buy him and they have never really been linked, they are more likely to get Haaland.

I suspect Mbappe may sign a new deal with PSG, but with a realistic release clause, say £150 million, so he get's his move when the club finances of the likes of RM & Barca improve after Covid, it also protects PSG from losing his transfer fee on a free, I think Werner did a similar deal with RB so he had a decent release and RB got a good transfer fee.

I doubt we could afford him without some serious investment from FSG, which I do not see happening, as it has never happened before, but this summer is the time when we realistically could get him if we paid, as quite a few serious rivals appear out of the loop, if we do not sign him this summer, we will never sign him.

This will all come down to what Mbappe wants, he holds all the cards as he has just a year left on his deal, I expect to see him playing for RM next, but not next season.

BARTON42 #638265 08/07/21 06:37 AM
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I'm not sure whether this transfer is realistic but we seem to be constantly linked with Mbappe so maybe there is little hope.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Snakeye #638267 08/07/21 02:25 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye
I'm not sure whether this transfer is realistic but we seem to be constantly linked with Mbappe so maybe there is little hope.

Not realistic, affording his boots is more our level

BARTON42 #638390 05/08/21 07:49 PM
B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B

Messi to PSG and Mbappe to Liverpool?

Dream on!!!!!!!

BARTON42 #638394 06/08/21 02:04 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
City will sign Mbappe next season

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Stanley Park #638398 07/08/21 05:30 AM
B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
City will sign Mbappe next season

Stanley that would be disgusting.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion