Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Why dont we turn up with the first team squad and just sit in the centre circle sitting on deckchairs and read a paperback and lose 1000 nil ?

Someone could pull a hamstring doing all these kick offs.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Why dont we turn up with the first team squad and just sit in the centre circle sitting on deckchairs and read a paperback and lose 1000 nil ?

But why ask our first team squad to sit in the freezing Denmark, we better ask the last team squad to do that, use your brain a bit, SP

Sorry about that yes good thinking

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Originally Posted By *** Suso ***
ijust hope we keep ALL the main players at home and give them the day off. the likes of origi, minamino and co can go because they need 1st team mins

Even playing Origi and minamino is suicidal in a dead rubber match when they were basically the only experienced players on the bench the other day. I would do a Villa here and send the u23 team and their coach, even klopp needs a rest.

Cannot be done, only players registered at the beginning of the CL season can play....

How about we don't turn up and accept a 3-0 defeat?

I presume the TV companies/Sponsors would not allow that.

We have quite a few players who qualify as list B players:

What is List B? A player may be registered on List B if he is born on, or after, 1 January 1998 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday (players aged 16 may be submitted if they have been registered with the club for the previous two years).

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/clubs/7889--liverpool/squad/

so I would play all them to start with, then add the likes of Origi & Minamino who need game time.

I would not even take the first team likes like Salah, Mane, Bobby, Jota, Henderson, Fab, Matip etc.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I saw list B, it only has 3 players. Rhys, neco and Jones and we can't risk them either as they are regulars now. Just forfeit the game accept a fine, it's better than losing one of our stars that will hurt us even further. If we can't forfeit I'd start whatever team we can put out there and tell them don't run just pass it around.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I saw list B, it only has 3 players. Rhys, neco and Jones and we can't risk them either as they are regulars now. Just forfeit the game accept a fine, it's better than losing one of our stars that will hurt us even further. If we can't forfeit I'd start whatever team we can put out there and tell them don't run just pass it around.

Cant see us forfeiting the game, you cannot do that unless there is a valid reason, as long as we have players fit...

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Cant see us forfeiting the game, you cannot do that unless there is a valid reason, as long as we have players fit...

I know there is money involved and all that but in current climate where there a risk of covid, and the game is a dead rubber so no one will gain anything from it, uefa should just cancel it, I mean we were scheduled to Germany to play that game initially so it tells you all you need to know about the dangers of traveling there now.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

I know there is money involved and all that but in current climate where there a risk of covid, and the game is a dead rubber so no one will gain anything from it, uefa should just cancel it, I mean we were scheduled to Germany to play that game initially so it tells you all you need to know about the dangers of traveling there now.

Dont think UEFA can just cancel it. Maybe there would be a case for it if both clubs made a request. There are tv rights also involved so makes things very complicated and haven't read anywhere that this is a possibility

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

Dont think UEFA can just cancel it. Maybe there would be a case for it if both clubs made a request. There are tv rights also involved so makes things very complicated and haven't read anywhere that this is a possibility

Clubs get winnings based on each game:

Clubs who reach the Champions League group stage are guaranteed a minimum payment of €15m each.

That figure is then topped up depending on their group results, with each win worth an additional €2.7m and draws €0.9m

So this game is worth allot of money to a team like Midtjylland, I think we would have to forfeit the game, Can't see Uefa allowing that as we do have 11 fit players, we are just not choosing to play them, if we needed a win to qualify we would have the first team playing.... I can't remember a team, ever forfeiting a CL group game, so I am not sure how Uefa would react?

I think we will just end up playing as few regulars as possible, leaving them in Liverpool and treat it as a light training session to fulfil the fixture.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
klopp should tell our players on no circumstances break into a run. I would equip matip with a zimmer frame to be on the safe side. No rules against that

Last edited by Stanley Park; 04/12/20 11:45 AM.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion