Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Like I said. You’re an angel. You only have good to say about all other countries (ask shaggy for Ireland) like all brexiteers.

I feel for those in the ‘unequal’ system over there who can’t afford the care. Are all Americans selfish? No, probably not. But do they do all they can to make things fair and equal? I very much doubt it.

The nhs is a fantastic thing and should be something the world aspired to, including America. Trouble is the dollar counts for more than a human life to those who make the decisions out there.

I have criticised the IRA and their supporters many times but not Ireland itself I have also critised the Irish government over brexit but not Ireland. I am sick of this anti American BS i have worked in America and been there on holiday many times that and Canada are my favourite holiday destinations. Are the Americans and America perfect ? No ! But to be fair Britain is far from perfect. If EMP was around I have no doubt he would blame America for this crisis as he blames America for everything. I have never been critical of a country however I am going to make a start now. I think China is a hell hole its treatment of animals and people is a horror show and once this is over the west needs to rethink its relationship with china particularly trade and the animal horror markets should be under UN management to stop them for the sake of world health and humanity

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I’m not anti America although being so close to them while Trump is in charge is dangerous in my mind.

I’m anti their lack of health care for anyone but the better off. For a world leader poverty over there is horrendous and like a third world country.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I’m not anti America although being so close to them while Trump is in charge is dangerous in my mind.

I’m anti their lack of health care for anyone but the better off. For a world leader poverty over there is horrendous and like a third world country.

No health service is free the NHS is not free we pay taxes for it. I prefer our health service to the USA but the NHS is not perfect either no other country in the world has copied it and if you google the best health services in the world you will find the NHS is nowhere near the top. That said I am proud of our NHS but take the rose tinted glasses off for a second yes the USA has great wealth inequalities but so does Britain and while we are at it name me a country that doesn't ?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park

No health service is free the NHS is not free we pay taxes for it. I prefer our health service to the USA but the NHS is not perfect either no other country in the world has copied it and if you google the best health services in the world you will find the NHS is nowhere near the top. That said I am proud of our NHS but take the rose tinted glasses off for a second yes the USA has great wealth inequalities but so does Britain and while we are at it name me a country that doesn't ?

Nobody is talking about wealth inequalities but free basic needs such as health, lots of countries have that and the US could easily afford that by taking a small proportion off their defence budget far example. Priorities should be in the right place and this virus will open a lot of eyes in the US, at least I hope for the more vulnerable. And yes it is financed through taxes, it means free for those who are not rich

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 29/03/20 05:09 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
If you have such strong views on how the United States manages its affairs then stand for election there. I prefer the British system but clearly the American people prefer their system otherwise they would vote accordingly. The obamacare system was very contravershal in the US generally the culture in the US is low taxes and look after yourself not my idea but it works for them. They are doing something right they are the richest country in the world

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
If you have such strong views on how the United States manages its affairs then stand for election there. I prefer the British system but clearly the American people prefer their system otherwise they would vote accordingly. The obamacare system was very contravershal in the US generally the culture in the US is low taxes and look after yourself not my idea but it works for them. They are doing something right they are the richest country in the world

Yes richest country of the world, don't think their poor people who cannot afford to get cured are too bothered about that, let's see how the richest country cope with the pandemic then.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I would imagine the richest country in the world suffers very badly from the virus as will Britain as will most countries. Your gloating over it is pityful

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I would imagine the richest country in the world suffers very badly from the virus as will Britain as will most countries. Your gloating over it is pityful

I am not gloating as I am not the one who mentioned "richest country in the world" but rather sad for the poor people of the richest country in the world not having access to free health system as you have in UK, would you rather be in a system like in the US?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

I am not gloating as I am not the one who mentioned "richest country in the world" but rather sad for the poor people of the richest country in the world not having access to free health system as you have in UK, would you rather be in a system like in the US?

You described the American nation and hence its people as selfish you are now thankfully backtracking. I have already said I prefer the British system. But in America what matters is what the American people want. America is a democracy if they wanted the British system they would have voted for it long ago. Incidently no other country in the world adopts the British system even in the EU (which is of course perfect) they have insurance based systems or variants of.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
And our health service is not free it's paid for by the taxpayer something I am happy to do but don't call it free

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion