Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
The released lists this year are going to be massive. The good thing that could come out of this is the demise of agents. Clubs simply will not be able to afford their fees or will refuse to be held to ransom.

There are not many savvy clubs out there in League One / Two who are going to be equipped to deal with this without seriously compromising the end product on the pitch.

Many industries are going to be hit financially and unemployment will soar as companies cut costs. This will lead to less people being able to afford to go to matches.

The brave clubs will slash ticket prices to get bums on seats.

This problem is much bigger than football

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Yep. We are only scratching the surface at the moment.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
The released lists this year are going to be massive. The good thing that could come out of this is the demise of agents. Clubs simply will not be able to afford their fees or will refuse to be held to ransom.

There are not many savvy clubs out there in League One / Two who are going to be equipped to deal with this without seriously compromising the end product on the pitch.

Many industries are going to be hit financially and unemployment will soar as companies cut costs. This will lead to less people being able to afford to go to matches.

The brave clubs will slash ticket prices to get bums on seats.

This problem is much bigger than football

Yes and Boris isn't covering himself in glory either , neither is his mirror image Mr. Trump, the world needs better leadership in these troubling times.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I think our government are doing ok in these unprecedented times. Not sure if any of the world leaders are covering themselves in glory or what that would actually look like?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Football bodies have met and the new start date for football is now 30th April. Looks like there is a good desire to finish the season and the usual cut off date for that to happen at the end of June has been dropped too.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Yes the omens are looking positive, I'm a little more confident we'll be allowed to complete the competition and be crowned champions at last. Wonder if it'll still be City as our next opponents, or will it revert to the original schedule?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Not sure. It’s not going to finish on time so may as well start from where we left off.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
If it starts on the 30th I would imagine it would begin with the games scheduled for that day with all the other postponed games being shoehorned in between. We would be ahead of other countries so we would complete beforehand and probably finish off the FA Cup at the end of it all so that player contracts across all divisions could be resolved.

However I think this is all pie in the sky and if the peak of the virus is yet to come I can't even see behind closed doors games taking place.

I am convinced that the Government is trying to get us out of this in the quickest possible way because it would be good for business. The countries that get out of this the soonest should economically be the strongest.

In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
If it starts on the 30th I would imagine it would begin with the games scheduled for that day with all the other postponed games being shoehorned in between. We would be ahead of other countries so we would complete beforehand and probably finish off the FA Cup at the end of it all so that player contracts across all divisions could be resolved.

However I think this is all pie in the sky and if the peak of the virus is yet to come I can't even see behind closed doors games taking place.

I am convinced that the Government is trying to get us out of this in the quickest possible way because it would be good for business. The countries that get out of this the soonest should economically be the strongest.

In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king.

Yep, it will start with the existing schedule and unplayed games rescheduled, much easier to do as less games to reschedule

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
They could waive off some dead fixtures to make it easier on themselves, example say we play and win the championship and our next game is vs Crystal palace who are already safe, delete that fixture to save time so we can start the new season normally on August. It's not ideal but the pl needs to be flexible.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion