Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By klopp4kop
I honestly don't think they should be banned - having thought over it. I mean, if they are going to punish Man City, what about Madrid, PSG, and Barcelona? Where are they getting their money from? FFP is there to ensure that smaller teams are able to compete with the big teams - and make the league more competitive - do I want that as a Liverpool fan? No - I want us to win everything. But as a football fan, you can't possibly agree with these stupid regulations?

FFP was brought in to stop clubs going into debt and spending more than their income, so we didn't get a repeat of the likes of Leeds & Portsmouth, who gambled spending money they did not have.

The problem is the rule doesn't consider teams like City, who have super rich owners who can bank roll the club, they have no debt, so that's an envious position, but they are penalised as their income is lower than their spending, even though any shortfall is covered by the owners and they have no real debt and allot of assets.

Then you look at Man Utd who have like 」600 million debt and their owners taking 」milllions (」30 million was what I heard this year) out of the club every year for themselves, but because their income is so high, they meet the FFP criteria, even though before the Glazers bought them they had no real debt!

FFP tends to keep small clubs small and the big clubs big, under FFP the likes of Blackburn could not have won the PL, as Jack Walkers 」Millions would not have been allowed as Blackburn had very low income, same with Chelsea, Abromovich could not have bankrolled their early success, so we will end up with the same big clubs getting bigger and the smaller clubs not being able to bridge the gap.

So I can see City's argument, but they are exceptional in having very rich state owners who can bankroll them, the same rules for another chancer and they could go under, look at us with Hicks & Gillet, they piled debt and loans on us, but if they would have got Klopp as manager instead of Hodgson, their model may have worked and we are PL & CL winners with the club worth 」2+ billion for their initial purchase of 」200 million ?????

You can see why Uefa brought in FFP, as clubs were taking huge risks and gambling their futures, but it's very difficult to create a model for all clubs and owners to operate under. My stance is City knew the rules before they started the season, so they should stick to them, if they broke them, they should be penalised.

As for PSG, Barca, RM etc Uefa must deal with them in the same way if they broke the rules, I am sure Man City will be stating their practices as part of City's defence, this could get very messy, but Uefa must be very confident in their evidence to throw the book at City, as they must have known the reaction they would get.

Part of the reason FSG bought Liverpool was FFP, they could see with FFP coming in and Liverpools brand and history, we were going to be a big player who was available at a relatively low fee, it's turned out to be a vert wise investment.

Totally agree that the FFP protect the big clubs with history hindering smaller clubs closing the gap. And yes City knew the rules, so no hiding, their defence will be interesting to say the least

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Would that be a good thing if United finished 5th?

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Would that be a good thing if United finished 5th?

Would cause confusion all round. I mean for a start they would feel like they have to keep OGS if they get CL football. Then there is the situation if City were reinstated. So for me let's have them finish 5th and be waiting for the City case to be resolved maybe a week from the end of the transfer window in the summer. Just enough time to mess up plans for both teams and a few agents as well.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I think they値l get the ban o returned so is irrelevant really.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

Have City been given a date for their hearing? It has to be resolved before the CL draw is made for next seasons group stages.

If City are kicked out the team finishing 5th would probably buy more players in the transfer window as they will be in the CL.

I think it will be reduced to a 1 year ban, Uefa cannot afford to lose this case and I cannot see them following through with it and finding City guilty if they did not have significant evidence, as they knew City would fight it and have the money to contest it.

X
xvx Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
X
They will try and take us down with them. Does anyone know more about this hacking stuff?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By xvx
They will try and take us down with them. Does anyone know more about this hacking stuff?

Settled between the 2 teams and therefore no further action

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

Have City been given a date for their hearing? It has to be resolved before the CL draw is made for next seasons group stages.

If City are kicked out the team finishing 5th would probably buy more players in the transfer window as they will be in the CL.

I think it will be reduced to a 1 year ban, Uefa cannot afford to lose this case and I cannot see them following through with it and finding City guilty if they did not have significant evidence, as they knew City would fight it and have the money to contest it.

As soon as the appeal is accepted (I think it has) everything is postponed and i think any action will follow in the following season, so unless the hearing happens before the CL draw, I suppose the consequences will be for the season after next. I am not sure but I feel it will be a long process

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Yep this will be long and drawn out on purpose by City and their Oil Sheikhers. Pep has been coerced into staying put until the end of his contract otherwise the walls really will come tumbling down at The Emptyhaad. There's also the fact it will look really bad on Pep's CV if he were to abandon the ship. I'd imagine the appeals process is a way of stalling until Pep can walk away at the end of his contract and also to not have a fire sale of their players. Dangerous tactics by City because delaying can also shine a light on a bunch more of their nefarious actions.

May they get lit up by whistleblowers galore with even more damning evidence! Cheating b*stards!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Yep. They値l throw bucket loads of money at it to drag it out and try and save face. They値l also try and drag anyone and everyone else that they can down with them too.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion