KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
To be fair to Klopp, if there’s a winter ‘break’ that’s what it should be. No games should be scheduled then. Not even a replay.

But as said above, we can pick the likes of Origi, Shaq etc. So not all the first team but plenty to beat them while still resting the important first team players.

Snakeye Offline OP
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
Its unacceptable either way you look at it regardless of the break, players like shaq, milner, keita, matip, lovren, fabinho etc have been on holiday with injuries for months so why can't they play?, its Klopp's and the players fault for letting a 2 goal lead slip but you do not just lie down and accept defeat by playing kids in the replay. The trophy is right there in front of us for the taking so why not go for it? It's not right, and Klopp needs to get off his high horse and get his ego checked, were not the only club, 5 other ties will be replayed.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The kids beat Everton. Are they not capable of beating Shrewsbury? He wants to give the first team the promised break, a break sanctioned by the FA so players don’t burn out in an already hard season. Nothing wrong with Klopp upholding that promise as the FA should anyway.

Snakeye Offline OP
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
The kids beat Everton. Are they not capable of beating Shrewsbury? He wants to give the first team the promised break, a break sanctioned by the FA so players don’t burn out in an already hard season. Nothing wrong with Klopp upholding that promise as the FA should anyway.

No they didn't. He is talking about the villa squad which lost 5-nil to villa coached by Critchley. The only player that played the everton game from that squad was Elliot. The team that beat Everton had Adrian, Gomez, Milner, Lallana Origi, Minamino so it wasn't just kids, they were supplemented by senior players. Klopp's comments suggest he will play the villa squad which is suicidal imo, they aren't capable of beating seasoned pros no matter how bad they are.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Well we’ll have to wait and see who he plays. At least he’s putting a team out unlike Utd that year they were in the world club cup. I’d rather the kids play and save the first teams legs for the league which is by far the biggest priority.

Snakeye Offline OP
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
Yes of course we will see, but if it's the team that got demolished by villa I will boycott the game, if the club and manager abandons ship like that why should I waste my time watching us lose at Anfield?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
That’s your prerogative. There’s plenty that will still watch. And there’s plenty that won’t care if it keeps players fresh for the run in to the possible title win, me included.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Yes of course we will see, but if it's the team that got demolished by villa I will boycott the game, if the club and manager abandons ship like that why should I waste my time watching us lose at Anfield?

Yes he could play our bench warmers but he wants holidays as well, so looks like it's going to be the teenagers with their coach. In any case don't think we can't win the cup unless we play our first team players which will not happen with the number of games we still have to play so no big fuss.

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
To be fair to Klopp, if there’s a winter ‘break’ that’s what it should be. No games should be scheduled then. Not even a replay.

But as said above, we can pick the likes of Origi, Shaq etc. So not all the first team but plenty to beat them while still resting the important first team players.

The FA Cups still got a little magic left, unlike the coca cola cup.

We can put a decent team out since the squads nearing injury free at a crucial time. Shaq, Keita, Lallana, Milner maybe, Origi, Lovren, Matip, even Ox. Playing Bobby for the first 45 won't kill him. Should be enough to put the game to bed early.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I am also in the camp of playing a decent team for this game. If we were head to head with city for the title maybe not but a 16 point possible 19 point lead means high high probability we will win the title and early too. Champions League could go eitherway and the FA would be another honour to go at back end of the season should we go out of CL

Last edited by Stanley Park; 27/01/20 03:26 PM.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion