Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

FFP came in around 2009, so that was after Abramovic came into Chelsea and pumped huge amounts in initially, raising them from a mid table team to PL champions, in the last few years Abramovic has not been making the big buys they used to, also the TV revenues went up, so the other Top 4 clubs could compete with them, Chelsea now generate a large amount by buying young players, developing them and selling on.

I don't think what Abramovic did in the mid 2000's could be done now, that's the argument against FFP, it keeps the big teams big and the small teams small, as without a large benefactor, it is virtually impossible to bridge the gap to become a big club and challenge the top 4.

Agree, this is what I said in the other thread

Yeah, amazing when we talk City it always ends up on the money.

V
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
V
Originally Posted By SSO
Now paper talk of them spending £200m before a transfer ban comes along. This is what they did 2 years ago and they haven't answered to anything yet.

Makes you wonder, if they are so sure that they did nothing wrong, why would they want to sign before a transfer ban MIGHT come.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

FFP came in around 2009, so that was after Abramovic came into Chelsea and pumped huge amounts in initially, raising them from a mid table team to PL champions, in the last few years Abramovic has not been making the big buys they used to, also the TV revenues went up, so the other Top 4 clubs could compete with them, Chelsea now generate a large amount by buying young players, developing them and selling on.

I don't think what Abramovic did in the mid 2000's could be done now, that's the argument against FFP, it keeps the big teams big and the small teams small, as without a large benefactor, it is virtually impossible to bridge the gap to become a big club and challenge the top 4.

Sour grapes I suppose, I don't think City fans conclusions are the same.

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
They've had the CL the last 2 years and we know they're desperate for it. They've still racked up record PL points so I doubt it'll make a difference. They started an FA Cup final with 2 of the world's best players on the bench and they won it 6-0.

Won't stop recruitment either when they throw £500k a week around.

Should be a 2 year CL ban minimum.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Sour grapes I suppose, I don't think City fans conclusions are the same.
Or just keeping it real Vish.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
City and Money are two sides of the same coin, if you'll pardon the pun. Without the billion pound squad they're nothing. Still I can't see either UEFA or the FA doing anything of significance to arrest their dominance in the transfer market, or their consequent dominance in terms of squad strength. They'll be given time to take evasive action with transfers, and any fine or points reductions will be insignificant. It's just window dressing, nothing more, relatively.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
City and Money are two sides of the same coin, if you'll pardon the pun. Without the billion pound squad they're nothing. Still I can't see either UEFA or the FA doing anything of significance to arrest their dominance in the transfer market, or their consequent dominance in terms of squad strength. They'll be given time to take evasive action with transfers, and any fine or points reductions will be insignificant. It's just window dressing, nothing more, relatively.

Agree with that. None of these bodies has the balls to do anything significant.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
They should give them a 12 point deduction next season to make it more fair for others to catch them.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
WNP Offline
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By Snakeye
They should give them a 12 point deduction next season to make it more fair for others to catch them.

I’d prefer a 2 point retrospective ban for the season just finished!

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By WNP
Originally Posted By Snakeye

I’d prefer a 2 point retrospective ban for the season just finished!

Not sure a retrospective ban would be leagal, would, it? But yes a 12 or 15 point ban would be significant, though posibly not fatal to their chances of winning the league, given the strength of their squad. They've already qualified for CL next season and that should be a target too, as a 15 point reduction would still see them qualifying.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion