Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
None of them.... It's between Klopp & Rafa's LFC sides for me.

Good sides but the best in premiership history ? Also why exclude the 2014 rogers side which came closest to winning it before this year

Yes, best in my mind smile. Also, agree with another post... why do we have to think of just the premiership years?

Regarding Rodgers' side, yes that was an outstanding (grin) season but in the league but the team doesn't sit so high in my mind. Maybe because it was top heavy and fuelled mainly by Suarez?

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
The reason we have to think of the premiership years is because that's the question

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
I don't like that question. My mind doesn't allow me to think of a league history question without remembering the LFC of my childhood. I also have a bias that always makes me think of the best LFC teams as the best in all history.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Easily Wengers untouchables for me, still haven’t seen a team produce football of that calibre since.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I don't like that question. My mind doesn't allow me to think of a league history question without remembering the LFC of my childhood. I also have a bias that always makes me think of the best LFC teams as the best in all history.

Well if you don't like that question may I very respectfully suggest your musings are deployed on another thread

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T

Well if you don't like that question may I very respectfully suggest your musings are deployed on another thread

Of course you may... and I shall happily oblige sir.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T

Of course you may... and I shall happily oblige sir.

By the way... may I suggest that this thread should have been created in the General Discussions section and not in the Liverpool FC Forum then? whistle smile

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
That first Chelsea team under Mourinho was impressive with Drogba/Robben/Duff/Lampard/Terry/Varvalho/Gallas/Cole/Cech/Makalele, but I'd say for a combination of power/ability and could look after itself, the 1993/4 Utd team that had Keane/Ince/Giggs/Palister/Bruce/Parker/Irwin/Cantona/Hughes/Kachelskis/Sharpe/Schmeichael etc

The current City squad is the best for me, it's not a chance they had such a high points tally last season, wasn't it an all time record?

If current City played the Utd team in 1993, Utd won win, imagine Keane sorting out De Bruyne early doors, De Bruyne wouldn't want the ball after that! Football has changed allot in that 25 years, mordern footballers are much more professional and fitter, so hard to compare.

Good that thugs cannot get their way now, only good for football.

I wouldn't call hard players thugs, I loved players like Souness & McMahon who had skill but could get stuck in, but I preferred 80's football, where the likes of Maradonna had to luck after themselves.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
The reason we have to think of the premiership years is because that's the question

You can't, not incorporate what went before because of the feats achieved prior were all the more standout.

Pep's Man City are great on the eye to watch however I'd put their 100 point last season down to the fact that they had no serious competition - Man Utd where struggling through the Mourinho last phase, Wenger's Arsenal where on their last lap downward spiral, Conte's Chelsea where facing the player tantrums and we where waiting for Klopp's layaway's!

Would last season's Man City be able to face a 42 game domestic league season, along with FA, League and European Competitions, travelling in much slower, lesser quality transport to much more inhospitable places? I don't think so!

Then you have Wenger's Invincibles and The Fergie years and Mourinho's infrequent 2 to 3 year stints at Chelsea...none in my mind would have ever been able to cope with the demands of what Liverpool achieved.

Liverpool achieved a Domestic League and European Cup Double twice in 1977 and 1984 at a time technology and travel was horrible. It took far longer to get anywhere or get information...there was no internet, no sky TV to be able to see in glorious 4k what the next opponent was doing. All information about the next opponent was via our scouts.

If Liverpool did the same double this year it would be great but it wouldn't be anywhere near as an achievement against 1977 and 1984.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Pep's City has a chance to really cement themselves in that list. Their 100 point tally has to be up there.

Their competition is stiff though. Jose's 2004-5 Chelsea side, Wenger's Invincibles, and Ferguson's 08 and 99 teams are probably the best the Prem has ever seen.

City is more technically excellent than either of those teams. We'll have to see what they win to compare.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion