Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
We need 11wins and a draw from the last 12.

Not too much to ask for is it?

City are gonna win the rest. That's for sure.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
The Bournemouth game was encouraging and had shades of last season when we were quick and incisive attacking. We need to do the same in the next 2 games coming up - 1st leg v Bayern and Utd, we can't go back to the laboured approach against these 2 teams because we won't get a positive result v either.

I still say it's ridiculous why the Everton v Citeh game was rearranged 17 days before, instead of after and has had a huge implication on this season. Still haven't heard or read the reasoning behind that by the PL or FA, it was UNPRECEDENTED... never been done before! City have 14 days before we get to play our 27th PL game and even up the games played total. There is definitely something not right about that because in the past teams who were successful negating cup comp rounds did so at the perils of fixture congestion later in the season, NEVER BEFORE!

Maybe their congestion of games will be too complicated as they are in 4 competitions, has that happened before?

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
We need to beat united at old Trafford. No I would be happy with a point claptrap we have to win. Why ? Because right now it's as much about the psychology City made a huge statement today and I am pretty sure they are banking on us to drop points at old Trafford. Getting a result at old Trafford is never easy (although we do play well there) and particularly so at the moment when they look unbeatable.

No matter beat them is what we are going to have to do.

I am not interested in excuses or your reasons why it will be difficult

It has to happen

See to it !

Agreed, i'd even go so far as to say that if we don't, we don't deserve the title anyway,

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Talking to a United fan and he said for spells they were rubbish against Fulham they are just getting a bit of luck at the moment

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
WNP Offline
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
We just need to not put our shots straight at De Gea as we, and so many other teams, seem to do when we play them.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By Pickles
The Bournemouth game was encouraging and had shades of last season when we were quick and incisive attacking. We need to do the same in the next 2 games coming up - 1st leg v Bayern and Utd, we can't go back to the laboured approach against these 2 teams because we won't get a positive result v either.

I still say it's ridiculous why the Everton v Citeh game was rearranged 17 days before, instead of after and has had a huge implication on this season. Still haven't heard or read the reasoning behind that by the PL or FA, it was UNPRECEDENTED... never been done before! City have 14 days before we get to play our 27th PL game and even up the games played total. There is definitely something not right about that because in the past teams who were successful negating cup comp rounds did so at the perils of fixture congestion later in the season, NEVER BEFORE!

Maybe their congestion of games will be too complicated as they are in 4 competitions, has that happened before?

I remember Arsenal in four competitions some years back, and if I remember rightly, they proceeded to lose them all.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By chesterville
The United game will be HUGE. The last few seasons they have been a mess thanks to Jose's mind games with his own players. Now they are up for a fight and we have to be warriors and stand tall. Likely result is a draw. I would be happy with that 'cause there is still a long way to go.

Stan said we’re not allowed to settle for a draw.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Talking to a United fan and he said for spells they were rubbish against Fulham they are just getting a bit of luck at the moment

I'd believe that if it were one, two or maybe three games, but not with seven or is it eight in succession? That's not luck IMO.
Anyway, I agree we need to go out in blitz mode, heavy-metal is the way to go from now till end of season, but in particular against United. We need to play in their face, give then neither time nor space to play their game. If we're on form we can blitz them, if on the other hand we play defensive style they'll take advantage of that and turn us over. It's heavy-metal or bust for me.

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P

And still won 3-0 . They have the quality to hurt us. All you need is a moment of brillance/skill. They are not short of that

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles
We need 11wins and a draw from the last 12.

Not too much to ask for is it?

City are gonna win the rest. That's for sure.

I don't see City winning all their games, they have spells where they look unbeatable, then they stumble against a Crystal Palace or Newcastle, especially when the the CL starts up and they focus on that, I think we will both drop points, so it's going to be close.

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion