H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
For me Klopp and FSG have both upped their game, in his first two seasons Klopp appeared happy to follow the FSG moneyball fiasco. However both parties seem to have abandoned that fallacious folly and are now competing across all fronts, including in the transfer market. I'm felling increasingly confident this will pay off, if not fully this season then a few further top signings next summer will have us there or there a outs. I'd be surprised if we don't win something and also challenge for the title this season, despite a couple of signings short in key areas.

FSG hasn't upped any game, it's the same philosophy from the start, we spend what we generate. They have however got us to generate more by increasing seating capacity, sponsorship, qualifying for CL and selling players at the right price.

No they were selling our best players and investing in 9 - 10 prospects, now they're investing in top class premier league ready players, spot the difference.

Difference is there is more to spend, that's all. Before that there was much less to spend so they had to go for cheaper players.

Ha ha, so the fact they've switched from signing 9 - 10 prospects to 3 - 4 top quality players isn't a shift in approach??

1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By redordead13
Probably silly to do now, but it's a fun exercise.

1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Spurs
4. Chelsea
5. Arsenal
6. United
7. Everton
8. West Ham
9. Leicester
10. Newcastle
11. Burnley
12. Bournemouth
13. Fulham
14. Southampton
15. Wolves
16. Brighton
17. Hudd Hudd
18. Watford
19. Cardiff
20. Palace

I reserve the right to change it until after the window shuts, but I think it will be a shake up. City won't be able to do the same thing two years running, but they are still very good. I think we have enough to kick on if Alisson goes through. Spurs are the best of the rest, and Chelsea tend to do better after they get a new manager, but if Courtios go, it might be tough. Arsenal will improve a bit, but too many glaring flaws in their team, and Wenger being gone will be an adjustment. Year 3 Mourinho ALWAYS implodes, and this will be no different. 7th Is everton's spot. Just is. Always. It's like 4th was for Arsenal was years ago.

West Ham will be the midtable team to watch with Pelligrini coming in and some interesting signings. Leicester will miss Mahrez, but they've turned into a side that can hurt a lot of people on their day. Burnley will be valiant in Europe, but drop a few notches with the extra fixtures. Every year Bournemouth stays in the prem is a victory, and Howe will keep them ticking over. Fulham will be the surprise package of the prem, and Sessegnon will be boss. Newcastle will finish midtable again, but it will be much more comfortable. Southampton will improve a bit, but still be shaky. Wolves' Portuguese connections will see them through. Brighton and Huddersfield could switch places, but I think they have enough about them to stay up. Watford have had too much chaos for too many years, and their tail end of the season was dross. Cardiff aren't good enough, and Warnock's dino methods will go down. Palace will sell Zaha and with him, all their goals.

Bump. Just saying, 1st to 6th is currently spot on. Bournemouth, Evertpn and Newcaatle are quite close too.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Stop it.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By redordead13
Probably silly to do now, but it's a fun exercise.

1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Spurs
4. Chelsea
5. Arsenal
6. United
7. Everton
8. West Ham
9. Leicester
10. Newcastle
11. Burnley
12. Bournemouth
13. Fulham
14. Southampton
15. Wolves
16. Brighton
17. Hudd Hudd
18. Watford
19. Cardiff
20. Palace

I reserve the right to change it until after the window shuts, but I think it will be a shake up. City won't be able to do the same thing two years running, but they are still very good. I think we have enough to kick on if Alisson goes through. Spurs are the best of the rest, and Chelsea tend to do better after they get a new manager, but if Courtios go, it might be tough. Arsenal will improve a bit, but too many glaring flaws in their team, and Wenger being gone will be an adjustment. Year 3 Mourinho ALWAYS implodes, and this will be no different. 7th Is everton's spot. Just is. Always. It's like 4th was for Arsenal was years ago.

West Ham will be the midtable team to watch with Pelligrini coming in and some interesting signings. Leicester will miss Mahrez, but they've turned into a side that can hurt a lot of people on their day. Burnley will be valiant in Europe, but drop a few notches with the extra fixtures. Every year Bournemouth stays in the prem is a victory, and Howe will keep them ticking over. Fulham will be the surprise package of the prem, and Sessegnon will be boss. Newcastle will finish midtable again, but it will be much more comfortable. Southampton will improve a bit, but still be shaky. Wolves' Portuguese connections will see them through. Brighton and Huddersfield could switch places, but I think they have enough about them to stay up. Watford have had too much chaos for too many years, and their tail end of the season was dross. Cardiff aren't good enough, and Warnock's dino methods will go down. Palace will sell Zaha and with him, all their goals.

Bump. I missed first and second by 2 points, but damn close. Rest of the top 6 I got spot on. Leicester was the only other one I got exactly. I also only picked one of the three relegated teams. Fulham surprised me, and I didn't expect Huddersfield to fire Wagner so early.

And Palace were much better than I thought, and Wolves surpassed all expectations. Southampton, Brighton, Newcastle, West Ham, and Bournemouth I got close. Funny how some things turn out exactly how you think, and some are completely different.

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles
1. It's
2. Way
3. Too
4. Early
5. For
6. Predictions
7. The
8. Window
9. Has
10. Barely
11. Started
12. The
13. Top
14. Four
15. Have
16. Barely
17. Signed
18. Anyone
19. Yet
20. Cardiff.

grin

1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By SSO
1 Man City
2 Liverpool
3 Arsenal
4 Chelsea
5 Man Utd
6 Spurs
7 Everton
8 Wolves
9 Leicester
10 West Ham
11 Fulham
12 Crystal Palace
13 Burnley
14 Southampton
15 Brighton
16 Bournemouth
17 Newcastle
18 Watford
19 Cardiff
20 Huddersfield

First manager to leave Colin at Cardiff.

You got City, Us, United, Leicester, Huddersfield, West Ham, and Palace spot on, 2/3 relegation candidates, and Wolves, Everton, Bournemouth, Bright and Southampton very close!

Top 6 was a bit iffy, but pretty good for the rest of the table!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion