Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
It's probably a good time now to have a thread devoted to the very soon to be open window - 8 days AWAY!

It'll be interesting to see how this NEW time frame works out.
The changes mean the window will be due to open on May 17, just a few days after the final games of the league season on May 13.

Clubs will be able to sell players until August 31 but they won't be able to bring in replacements after the deadline of August 9.

At the moment, the Premier League is the only league to have brought in the new ruling but the Football League could decide to follow their example.

It has it's upsides this year mainly because of The World Cup...BUT... the downsides are...especially for US is that our Owners are not impervious to biting the hand of somebody coming in with a BIG offer for one of our BEST players after our deadline for purchases passes. It gives US a nervous 21 days of biting our nails that they don't sell the likes of Salah or Firmino, knowing full well they can take the money without having to replace them straight away!

Generally the players we are linked to now should in theory have more substance to them as Klopp & Co. try to navigate this new window.

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
As long as we haven't got 500days of Jim white saying "breaking news at skysports"

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Or 500 days of Welshies source telling mug us who were (not) going to buy.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
The World Cup kicks off on 14th June with the hosts
Russia v Saudi Arabia

The Final is on 15th July.

I'd imagine teams will be looking to embark to Russia 2 weeks before the Tournament starts, that gives approx' a 2 week window to try and seal new transfers in a sensible time frame or look to have the hassle of haggling like mad and paying ridiculous amounts when players AFTER the Tournament will be looking to get some R&R.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
So how does this work? Can we buy players from foreign leagues from 17th May or just from the epl?

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Yes we can set formal contract agreements to be signed when the selling clubs transfer window opens. How it works out will be interesting because there will be potential for some deals to be backed out of BUT I think UEFA will take a dim view of that if it ever happened. A large majority of the bigger clubs around Europe would also like for their leagues to follow suit on bringing in the same sort of changes, allowing clubs more time to get ready for the start of their domestic season, along with the early qualifiers for the CL & EL.

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
Am I the only one who'd take Yaya Toure?

He's still got a little bit left. Loads of winning experience. A point to prove. A bit like kolo and Milner.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
I'd prefer Iniesta over Yaya "Where's me Birthday Cake" Toure!

A year younger and would help our Midfield understand the ball is not a hot potato.

Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles
Am I the only one who'd take Yaya Toure?

He's still got a little bit left. Loads of winning experience. A point to prove. A bit like kolo and Milner.

Kolo was absolute [oops] when he came

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Liverpool could sign Juventus midfielder Sami Khedira as a replacement for Emre Can this summer, according to reports.

Can is expected to leave Anfield this summer when his contract expires, with Juventus his likely destination.

But the Reds have the chance to land an immediate replacement in fellow Germany international Khedira.

Liverpool have discussed the possibility of signing the World Cup winner this summer, as he apparently is keen to move to the Premier League.

Can has been in talks with Juve for months over a possible free transfer to Turin when the summer transfer window opens.

And during those negotiations is it claimed the Reds were alerted to the availability of 31-year-old Khedira.

The former Real Madrid midfielder has won four domestic titles in his career – the Bundesliga with Stuttgart, LaLiga with Real and two Serie A titles with Juve, with another imminent – and he is keen to add a Premier League crown to his personal trophy haul.

In a recent interview with Bild, Khedira said: “I’m not thinking about my future right now, but one day I would like to win the Premier League.”

The Germany international, who has nine goals and seven assists this season, has one year remaining on his contract in Turin and may be allowed to leave to join the Reds if he desires, with Can likely to join as his ready-made replacement.

Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri has often accommodated his players' needs when they decide they want to leave Juventus, with Fernando Llorente, Carlos Tevez and Paul Pogba all leaving the Italian giants in recent seasons.

Khedira would be a suitable for replacement for Can at Anfield, would bring vital experience to a youthful Reds team and is apparently keen to work with compatriot Jurgen Klopp.

https://talksport.com/football/liverpool...s-move-juventus

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion