#599216 22/03/18 08:36 AM
S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By theanfieldpigeon
What are consversations? Do you mean conversations? Also, all of your ‘consversations’ seem to end up about the same thing, regardless of what the main topic is. If you have nothing constructive, new or interesting to add to the thread then keep quiet whilst the adults are talking. Please. Thanks.
no probs...just let me know when the adults are here and I will...

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By swapshop
Originally Posted By redordead13
Gerrard won 9 trophies. This is tripe.
some really good trophies too who could ever forget the Cup final against West Ham. However when you put the trophies he won against those of say..Frank Lampard....Frank blows him out of the water, arguable who was the best player but that's not my point, my point is Gerrard should of had at least the same if not more major trophies as in Premier League and Champions League...he never and that's down to poor career choices...down to him am afraid.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Salah at the end of next season if he continues his good form, if he wants to better himself as a player, reach the top of his trade, win the games major honours and be regarded as a true world class player he will unfortunately have to leave us for a bigger club who will provide him with that platform...

SG loved his boyhood club more than any trophy unlike the trophy hunter you are who turned against the club since we stopped winning trophies. So either you are a Bluenose or an unhappy trophy hunter
if you read my posts I have said Gerrard staying at his boyhood club was very noble and admirable however means nothing regarding what's best for his career, he for whatever reason refused to leave which means lack of ambition, can't be anything else why ever else would a footballer with the talent not try to reach the top of his trade.

Think I have answered the other thing previously, I am not a blue, I support my local club which for me is the true essence of being a supporter, I have seen us win more than enough trophies to live off the memories to the point if we never win one again I wouldn't be too disappointed although I still think with the right manager we could return to trophy winning ways...

RafaB #599222 22/03/18 10:55 AM
R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
Originally Posted By RafaB
Salah for me, he has not been banned for a third of his time being here.... Suarez showed nil loyalty to us.

Players show as much loyalty as fans when form dips.

Luis just seems like a one-off, a flawed genuis.

For Salah to be breaking records, as a winger, is unreal. I hope we get a few years out of him and he'll probably bypass Suarez-level status.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
There's a brilliant article in 'This is Anfield' this morning on Salah and other goal scoring greats for Liverpool starting with the great Rodger Hunt and up to the present day. Well worth a read. (Sorry I can't attach a link)

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AngryAsianRed
My favourite forward of recent times is Torres (I believe I'm a minority though). Between Salah and Suarez, I prefer Salah although Suarez was more all rounded as a player. I just think it's really important to have pace up front so we can punish teams on the counter or teams who defend high up. We had that with sturridge and sterling previously when suarez was around and now salah and mane gives us that.

I'm with you there. As much as I loved Suarez, Torres should be held in just as high regard for me. He was brilliant for us and it's a shame that he tainted that with the way he moved.

Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
My favourite forward of recent times is Torres (I believe I'm a minority though). Between Salah and Suarez, I prefer Salah although Suarez was more all rounded as a player. I just think it's really important to have pace up front so we can punish teams on the counter or teams who defend high up. We had that with sturridge and sterling previously when suarez was around and now salah and mane gives us that.

I'm with you there. As much as I loved Suarez, Torres should be held in just as high regard for me. He was brilliant for us and it's a shame that he tainted that with the way he moved.

You know poor growler's water will boil when he reads this! He wept when torres left. He's never been the same since!

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S

yes for me...Torres in his pomp was better than Suarez and Torres left in the right way rather than Suarez forced manipulated way, still don't understand how Liverpool fans treat Torres with contempt yet Suarez is seen as some sort of hero...both left for exactly the same reasons yet in different ways of doing it...

K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K

Suarez's move was equally tainted - he engineered a move with his antics; I love both Torres and Suarez, but neither transfer was free from controversy.

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
No-one wants to lose their top players but inevitably they want to move on. The club plays hard ball to get the highest fee, or keep them, so often the player has no choice but to force it through.

I think it softened the Torres blow because he's been garbage ever since he left. Him and SG together was a pleasure to watch.

At least Luis gave us one more big season. Never sulked on the pitch, downed tools, pulled out of a challenge. Torres had a big kid look about him, especially towards the end. To be fair, Roy Hodgson would break the best of us.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By klopp4kop

Suarez's move was equally tainted - he engineered a move with his antics; I love both Torres and Suarez, but neither transfer was free from controversy.

Yep. The bollox with Suarez to Arsenal the year before he left has left a bad taste too! As you say, neither left in the best way yet Torres always gets the stick it seems.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion