Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
A
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
A
Contrary to most opinions on here that things can't get any worse, I actually think that things can get worse, much worse in fact. We need to be patient and wait for people who actually have too much money and no idea what to do with it(some arab prince would do nicely) - Stavely and co. won't cut it imo, they'd be just FSG spelt differently. One mistake in something as serious as ownership could see us down the same slippery slope leeds did when they went bust.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
If we would have been able to spend £200+ million in the transfer window and bring min Salah/VvD/Keita (which appears to have been the plan if their clubs were willing to sell), would people have been happier with FSG ownership?

for me I'd be happier if that had happened, but still not happy with FSG as they totally fuckked up the stadium development with a cheapie tart up when what we needed was a new 70,000+ stadium. Also their lack of understanding of the game, their disdain for the game and their contempt for the fans including their virtual refusal to attend games, plus their failure to win anything except for one 2nd rate cup, makes them unsuitable owners for a club like Liverpool. We need them gone ASAP.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
If we would have been able to spend £200+ million in the transfer window and bring min Salah/VvD/Keita (which appears to have been the plan if their clubs were willing to sell), would people have been happier with FSG ownership?

for me I'd be happier if that had happened, but still not happy with FSG as they totally fuckked up the stadium development with a cheapie tart up when what we needed was a new 70,000+ stadium. Also their lack of understanding of the game, their disdain for the game and their contempt for the fans including their virtual refusal to attend games, plus their failure to win anything except for one 2nd rate cup, makes them unsuitable owners for a club like Liverpool. We need them gone ASAP.

I would like owners who enjoyed football, engaged with the club/fans and attended games. But the main thing is that they run the club properly and make sure we win things and are competitive, which FSG are failing to do.

Look at Man Utd, the Glazers are not football fans, they rarely attend games as far as I know, but they fund the club to buy players and be competitive (Utd are a rare club that make large enough profits they don't need external funding and the owners can take profits out for themselves and finance the debt incurred to buy them), the Man Utd fans don't particularly like them as owners, but as long as they keep them competitive, they accept them as owners.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AngryAsianRed
Contrary to most opinions on here that things can't get any worse, I actually think that things can get worse, much worse in fact. We need to be patient and wait for people who actually have too much money and no idea what to do with it(some arab prince would do nicely) - Stavely and co. won't cut it imo, they'd be just FSG spelt differently. One mistake in something as serious as ownership could see us down the same slippery slope leeds did when they went bust.

Do you have Jack Ma's contact details? Any chance there?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Any idea who you want in their place?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

I would like owners who enjoyed football, engaged with the club/fans and attended games. But the main thing is that they run the club properly and make sure we win things and are competitive, which FSG are failing to do.

Look at Man Utd, the Glazers are not football fans, they rarely attend games as far as I know, but they fund the club to buy players and be competitive (Utd are a rare club that make large enough profits they don't need external funding and the owners can take profits out for themselves and finance the debt incurred to buy them), the Man Utd fans don't particularly like them as owners, but as long as they keep them competitive, they accept them as owners.

The Glazers don't fund Utd. Utd fund Utd. If people think FSG take money from us they should look at them!

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
[quote=Hercules/AF 58][quote=ec]I would like owners who enjoyed football, engaged with the club/fans and attended games. But the main thing is that they run the club properly and make sure we win things and are competitive, which FSG are failing to do.

The Glazers don't fund Utd. Utd fund Utd. If people think FSG take money from us they should look at them!

Yep, I said that, Utd are a rare club who's revenue/profits funds them, despite the Glazers taking dividends and paying the debt they incurred on the leveraged buy out, What they also do is use those profits to spend big on transfer, like Pogba/Lukaku etc, Glazers allow the manager to spend that money.

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
[oops] owners. One mickey mouse cup in their term and how many times we qualified for CL?. The manager excuse is worn out now. Until they start doing something on the pitch they are [oops] and they are to blame. If they get a new manager in tomorrow we will have the same issues we are having now and before klopp and before rodgers etc.

It's that simple. They own the club, sort this [oops] mess out. You've had long enough

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By paul66
[oops] owners. One mickey mouse cup in their term and how many times we qualified for CL?. The manager excuse is worn out now. Until they start doing something on the pitch they are [oops] and they are to blame. If they get a new manager in tomorrow we will have the same issues we are having now and before klopp and before rodgers etc.

It's that simple. They own the club, sort this [oops] mess out. You've had long enough

If we had another manager tomorrow we might actually learn how to defend? You say it's their mess to sort out so how do they sort out the mess that is our defence and our managers seeming inability to set it up?

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By paul66

If we had another manager tomorrow we might actually learn how to defend? You say it's their mess to sort out so how do they sort out the mess that is our defence and our managers seeming inability to set it up?

We might but we would be complaining about something else. Because if it is not the defence it is something else. several years on, several managers later and we are still banging our heads against the wall.

There comes a point when you have to stop blaming managers and everything else with the club and look at the people who are in charge of the whole operation. If the defence cannot be fixed and it seems that way for a long time now.They have to take some blame for that also. If it was me I would be asking wtf is going on. Sort this mess now. But it does not happen because they are not football people

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion