Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 34 35
R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
Sounds like Klopp's asked for money for Jan transfers inc VvD so FSG will look to recoup it with Phil going. Probably bought the Ox knowing this would likely happen.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
i don't see how buying one CB will fix us.we have a whole squad of average players.and FSG have bought players with-out the consent of the manager before.

Last edited by kernowred; 02/10/17 08:10 AM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By kernowred
i don't see how buying one CB will fix us.we have a whole squad of average players.and FSG have bought players with-out the consent of the manager before.

It would be a huge step forward IMO. The team isn't as bad as you're making out and doesn't need a complete overhaul. If we can tighten up at the back, which a commanding CB would help with, it would take the pressure off elsewhere on the pitch.

We've shown we can score plenty of goals in the past with these same players but the pressure on them to score is massive as we effectively start with the opposition having a one goal advantage as we know we'll concede. IF we get Keita next season then we have addressed a big issue in midfield also (if he's as good as people say) which should also help out the defence.

K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
Not hopeful for Jan. We're probably going to buy some shitty defender from Middlesborough. We're playing much worse than last year, despite signing new players, people have figured us out.

We don't even have the best attack anymore.
Our defence is shambles - 2 clean sheets. We're near the bottom.

Last edited by klopp4kop; 02/10/17 10:11 AM.
G
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
G
We need big ugly...no nonsense, kick the ball into row Z defenders...the same ones Everton used to have in the 70s and 80s with Mick Lyons and Billy Wright., even Dave Watson later on...forget those fancy dan centre halfs like Lovren and VVD who can bring the ball out of defence we don't want them...old fashioned centre halfs will do us...

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By RedJohn
Sounds like Klopp's asked for money for Jan transfers inc VvD so FSG will look to recoup it with Phil going. Probably bought the Ox knowing this would likely happen.

Only FSG could buy the Ox to replace Coutinho, I very much doubt it was Klopp's choice. Anyway I'm inclined to agree with Kernowred's view that we need a much bigger overhaul of defence than one CB however good he is. I believe we need to replace the entirety of our defence with the exception of Clyne, and that includes the goalkeepers. In addition Klopp needs to find a range of tactical options to minimise our defensive exposure, something he either won't or can't do it seems.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By giorgiomoroder
We need big ugly...no nonsense, kick the ball into row Z defenders...the same ones Everton used to have in the 70s and 80s with Mick Lyons and Billy Wright., even Dave Watson later on...forget those fancy dan centre halfs like Lovren and VVD who can bring the ball out of defence we don't want them...old fashioned centre halfs will do us...

Row Z defending doesn't fit with our 'hit them on the break' strategy.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By kernowred

It would be a huge step forward IMO. The team isn't as bad as you're making out and doesn't need a complete overhaul. If we can tighten up at the back, which a commanding CB would help with, it would take the pressure off elsewhere on the pitch.

We've shown we can score plenty of goals in the past with these same players but the pressure on them to score is massive as we effectively start with the opposition having a one goal advantage as we know we'll concede. IF we get Keita next season then we have addressed a big issue in midfield also (if he's as good as people say) which should also help out the defence.

We haven't done this consistently since the beginning of last season. As we play with plan A and change to plan A when things go t1ts up, it's easy for the opposition to set themselves up against us.

I can't see us replicating the '4 goals a game' average anytime soon.

We're simply too predictable. As for transfer's in January, I can't see anything happening. FSG didn't dip into their ar5e pockets when it could of won us the title, I can see them doing anything this January when we're still in contention for a top4 finish. #FSGOUT

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
You have to laugh when someone describes Dejan Lovren as a fancy centre half who can bring the ball out of defence.

This is one of the most inaccurate assessments of a footballer I've seen for a long time.

G
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
G
Originally Posted By Chris2402
You have to laugh when someone describes Dejan Lovren as a fancy centre half who can bring the ball out of defence.

This is one of the most inaccurate assessments of a footballer I've seen for a long time.
well he's certainly not a stopper is he...if he did try to find row Z more when in trouble he would be a far better player...his problem is he tries to do things he can't and gets punished time and time again.
Thing with Lovren is that he was better at Southampton than what VVD is now and look how that turned out...

Page 4 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 34 35

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion