Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
B
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
B
I read it regularly and listen to the podcasts and i don't have a problem with it all. Ian Doyle, James Pearce and Kristian Walsh have all voiced their frustration with our inactivity in the transfer market and questioned Klopp and his apparent stubbornness with his lack of 'Plan B' targets and position with the likes of Moreno etc. It's bound to be slightly skewed but it provides a lot more insightful information and views than most of the dross that's out there.

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By Shaggydog

Outsiders oh here. Well it took you a while to say what really bothered you about the rest of us.

Leopard and spots...".."....

I know he's on a wind up, hence why I'm ignoring all of his posts, if everyone did the same he'd soon disappear. If he truly believes all this complete and utter garbage about 'outsiders' which he's now ruining threads with, then I feel sorry for him. It must be difficult to be that uneducated and ignorant in modern society.

Hopefully Dunk will sort it out because we all know where this is going.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
The echo like all newspapers is only as good as it's individual journalists and editor it's not a fixed entity so pointless going back to the thatcher years hysel etc and imagine it's preserved in aspic. Personally I never read it now online or in paper form on the odd time I have glanced at it in newsagents last year or so it's been on the optimistic front whereas in the old days it used to be frank with its customers and tell it as it is. Local papers like the echo are dying the Manchester evening news is just a book of adverts if you go to central Manchester they give it away free. I would not get too excited over articles in the echo it has nothing like the readership it once had or the influence.
yes good points there Stan, I used to make my way into Dublin City centre to buy it, but when it started to spout FSG propaganda, I stopped, I don't even go on line to read any of their drivel anymore either, as it has no credibility.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Do they even have their own footie journos anymore I wonder.

Seems to be about the same drivel as all the other tabloids are repeatedly SCREAMING at us.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles
How do you show a news paper 'fury?'

Do we shake our fists at it? Grumble as we walk passed it?

Just because it prints stories of exaggerated transfer budgets hardly means we should do something about it.

Every paper I've ever known prints stories of a 'transfer war chest' of some sort

The Liverpool Echo is an FSG propaganda machine. It's not just about one or two exaggerated articles, they play down everything that the club is doing wrong and they bombard us with hyperbole and conjecture to make it seem alright. They are "supposed" to be the voice of the fans being our ONLY online and printed local media outlet. Once upon a time Journalism was a credible trade, where ethics played a part in what was printed, now it's used as a weapon by the power hungry elite.

If it wasn't for the fans / consumers FSG would not be interested in Liverpool FC. They've used our local media against us in dumbing us down, eviscerated expectation whilst their ulterior motive of padding the club out for huge financial gain is allowed to continue unhindered.

The more we allow this to go on and say or do nothing about it, the longer our great club faces irrepairable decline!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Redneckscouser
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles
How do you show a news paper 'fury?'

Do we shake our fists at it? Grumble as we walk passed it?

Just because it prints stories of exaggerated transfer budgets hardly means we should do something about it.

Every paper I've ever known prints stories of a 'transfer war chest' of some sort

The Liverpool Echo is an FSG propaganda machine. It's not just about one or two exaggerated articles, they play down everything that the club is doing wrong and they bombard us with hyperbole and conjecture to make it seem alright. They are "supposed" to be the voice of the fans being our ONLY online and printed local media outlet. Once upon a time Journalism was a credible trade, where ethics played a part in what was printed, now it's used as a weapon by the power hungry elite.

If it wasn't for the fans / consumers FSG would not be interested in Liverpool FC. They've used our local media against us in dumbing us down, eviscerated expectation whilst their ulterior motive of padding the club out for huge financial gain is allowed to continue unhindered.

The more we allow this to go on and say or do nothing about it, the longer our great club faces irrepairable decline!

He's a wild and wonderful idea. Just ignore what they report.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
As I say city papers like the echo are on their way out the future will be as a free paper like the metro a quasi advertising thing. Forget what the echo writes it's nothing anymore

Same thing for Manchester evening news which is given away free on the streets of Manchester and the football coverage is the same standard as the echo e.g no one cares

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Here's an analogy (can't think of a better one at the moment!)...

Let's say your kid is being bullied in school, not just by other kids but also treated unfairly by the teachers. Your kid is flunking their education because of the way they are treated.
Would you allow it to continue in the hope that one day it stops all on it's own or do you go in to the school and raise hell?

Our kids are our legacy, we love and nurture them, treat them right from wrong and take pride in them achieving succeses in life. Liverpool FC although not tied to us by blood or the same sort of emotional attachment does as a fan give us great pride and a sense of achievement because we do have an emotional attachment. It's a form of extended family, we put in as fans our time, money and emotions into the club and we should feel aggreived when we are not treated with the respect we deserve and thus must speak up just like we would with our kids!

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
As I say city papers like the echo are on their way out the future will be as a free paper like the metro a quasi advertising thing. Forget what the echo writes it's nothing anymore

Same thing for Manchester evening news which is given away free on the streets of Manchester and the football coverage is the same standard as the echo e.g no one cares

Don't you think it's insidious brainwashing though Stan?
You and I and others may see it for what it is but others don't...

Let's take for instance global warming and how it has been portrayed since it was peddled in the 80's until now. We had the ozone layer being destroyed by spray cans - air freshners, deodrants etc... the poles melting, polar bears becoming extinct, flooding etc...etc... basically the planet heating up going to sh*t, just on the say so of paid by elites! No concrete evidence has been put forward. In fact a lot of evidence now coming out is that scientific research on the matter has been hugely manipulated!

The media has been an awful weapon all along, against us!

Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
Originally Posted By Redneckscouser

Don't you think it's insidious brainwashing though Stan?
You and I and others may see it for what it is but others don't...

Let's take for instance global warming and how it has been portrayed since it was peddled in the 80's until now. We had the ozone layer being destroyed by spray cans - air freshners, deodrants etc... the poles melting, polar bears becoming extinct, flooding etc...etc... basically the planet heating up going to sh*t, just on the say so of paid by elites! No concrete evidence has been put forward. In fact a lot of evidence now coming out is that scientific research on the matter has been hugely manipulated!

The media has been an awful weapon all along, against us!

Could you please share this evidence?

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion
Can Elliott and Trent play together?
by Torres65 - 13/05/24 10:46 AM