Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
W
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
W
No he's not worth 75 million. I'd rather us pay £75 million for a world class striker and promote Joe Gomez at centre back VVD is a good defender but has been really overhyped.

It seems to me Southampton have priced him out of a move because they don't want to sell, which they're entitled to do. I understand that the premier league are not going to be taking any action against us now the interest is withdrawn so that's fine. It's just embarrassing that the negotiations were so public, this should all have been done behind closed doors.

C
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
C
The confusion over the club's player scouting recruitment policy and methods seems to get worse and worse each season under the current owners.
It would appear that the club scouts don't actually do anything at all. Maybe they are geeks in front of computers and all of the targets are identified by doctor google on the interweb?

The search parameters appear to be "famous, overly expensive footballers and for sale", then press "enter" then email the club with and an offer then leak it to the press so that the gossip spreads, the approached club ups its price and the deal collapses.

Then press "enter" again and look at the next result and so the same thing.

Then take a break from the tedious interweb scouting and, to get the fans excited (sic) spend some money on rejects from other clubs or "starlets" who aren't experience or good enough to improve the current first team.

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Originally Posted By RedsforChampions
Originally Posted By Muj
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
We are a joke of a club.

Sadly, as has been seen on numerous occasions, that runs to a lot of the clubs 'fans' too.

you would agree that that official apology was another level. shouldnt have happened i reckon

The apology happened because we probably did something bad and I think with Chelsea and City in competition, Klopp probably tried to convince the player. Southampton want 75m apparently which is 25m more than what we were prepared to pay, which IMO was already very high. We sold Suarez to Barca for that fee or less, does anybody believe VVD is anywhere close to the asking price, I don't, there are lots of other CBs at least as good.

Price is a lot, but he is a brilliant player and if he solved our defensive problems a big fee would have been worth it. If we overpaid because he was the best player out there that we could get then it. would be worth it Who can we get now?

Last edited by paul66; 08/06/17 08:28 AM.
L
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
L
Originally Posted By chesterville
The confusion over the club's player scouting recruitment policy and methods seems to get worse and worse each season under the current owners.
It would appear that the club scouts don't actually do anything at all. Maybe they are geeks in front of computers and all of the targets are identified by doctor google on the interweb?

The search parameters appear to be "famous, overly expensive footballers and for sale", then press "enter" then email the club with and an offer then leak it to the press so that the gossip spreads, the approached club ups its price and the deal collapses.

Then take a break from the tedious interweb scouting and, to get the fans excited (sic) spend some money on rejects from other clubs or "starlets" who aren't experience or good enough to improve the current first team.

Seriously I wouldn't be surprised if that's 95% true, heard they do lots of their "book-balancing" on a laptop, I watched an interview on RedmenTV following the walkout based on the head of SOS ( Spirit of Shankly) apparently during the whole ordeal of ticket prices , he was given graphs on a spread sheet to come up with solutions to balance the books with an unreasonably high amount of profit, this was around the time Ian Ayre came out prior to the walk out saying the ticket prices are reasonable .. Yet after the stand is built they used the "walk out" as a smoke screen to say they won't build the other stand ,

They are taking us all for a ride , they've "copy-pasted" this moneyball philosophy without any regard to general football conduct, made the club look like an embarrassment that can't be taken seriously, our transfer reputation will only make future transfers even harder, the longer these ignorant geeks are in charge the more they will be shitting on our door step and trying to convince us it's
gold.

They are so ignorant to think that players like VvD are in abundance, yet what their laptops fail to recognise is theirs certain factors that make players special that good ol'fashioned football scouting can only recognise, they are taking Klopp for granted expecting him to come up with a constant flow of targets like a gumball machine , destroying this clubs integrity.

Last edited by LFCDownUnder; 08/06/17 08:30 AM.

It is about pushing the train, not jumping on a running train.’ That is what we need here. It’s not allowed to take the history in the backpack
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By LFCDownUnder

Seriously I wouldn't be surprised if that's 95% true, heard they do lots of their "book-balancing" on a laptop, I watched an interview on RedmenTV following the walkout based on the head of SOS ( Spirit of Shankly) apparently during the whole ordeal of ticket prices , he was given graphs on a spread sheet to come up with solutions to balance the books with an unreasonably high amount of profit, this was around the time Ian Ayre came out prior to the walk out saying the ticket prices are reasonable .. Yet after the stand is built they used the "walk out" as a smoke screen to say they won't build the other stand ,

They are taking us all for a ride , they've "copy-pasted" this moneyball philosophy without any regard to general football conduct, made the club look like an embarrassment that can't be taken seriously, our transfer reputation will only make future transfers even harder, the longer these ignorant geeks are in charge the more they will be shitting on our door step and trying to convince us it's
gold.

They are so ignorant to think that players like VvD are in abundance, yet what their laptops fail to recognise is theirs certain factors that make players special that good ol'fashioned football scouting can only recognise, they are taking Klopp for granted expecting him to come up with a constant flow of targets like a gumball machine , destroying this clubs integrity.

Seriously, do you think VVD is worth more than 50m and we cannot find somebody at least as good as him at this price? I never thought he was the best CB of the world, do you?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By paul66

Price is a lot, but he is a brilliant player and if he solved our defensive problems a big fee would have been worth it. If we overpaid because he was the best player out there that we could get then it. would be worth it Who can we get now?

I don't think he is the best CB in the world, he was unknown a year ago and just returning from injury. Common. Lovren was also considered the best defender in the EPL before joining us. Don't understand all this hysteria. CB is not the only position to fill, if we buy a CB at 75m, then we'll need to put 125m for a striker, then what do we do for other positions?

L
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
L
Originally Posted By LFCDownUnder

gold.

Seriously, do you think VVD is worth more than 50m and we cannot find somebody at least as good as him at this price? I never thought he was the best CB of the world, do you?

No he's not worth 50 mill, but it seems every player is going for excess money and it would've been a psychological advantage to take a player that all clubs want , I reckon he's world class though, whether 50million is worth world class is debatable , I'd be happy with koulibally or whatever but this whole ordeal just further taints our reputation, the fact is we wanted him, he wanted to join us and we stuffed it up , I'm failing to believe clubs will be joyful to hear LFC want their players based on how we conduct transfers.

He will be lifting the EPL trophy with man city next season.

It is about pushing the train, not jumping on a running train.’ That is what we need here. It’s not allowed to take the history in the backpack
C
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
C
VdV is a beast. Great defender, smart, comfortable on the ball, strong and intelligent.
He would have been fabulous for us.
But it appears that the club fooked up long ago by publicly praising him so highly though, now that has backfired.

And unfortunately, it reflects on how the club's wonderful culture has been pizzed on, where the team spirit and the shear courage of the players was primary and good and great players complimented the performance, but they were never ever the core ingredient of LFC's formula of success.

Flattering players in the media to tempt them to the club is the exact opposite to what made Liverpool successful in the past.

Offering players the opportunity to achieve greatness by joining Liverpool is what we need to instill in recruits.

Klopp has to become the new Shankley and rebuild a dynasty from scratch.
That is what Klopp has to be doing, surely?

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P

I don't think he is the best CB in the world, he was unknown a year ago and just returning from injury. Common. Lovren was also considered the best defender in the EPL before joining us. Don't understand all this hysteria. CB is not the only position to fill, if we buy a CB at 75m, then we'll need to put 125m for a striker, then what do we do for other positions?

nah not 75m that is a silly price. But I thinkif we had acted properly we could have got him for 50m. He is a hella lot better player than Lovern. I think he would be an amazing signing.

Yeah he is not the best CB in the world. But we probably can't get the best CB to come here. He is probably the best that we can get. I get the hysteria because I would have seen it as a massive signing and a big statement to beat chelsea and city. Defence is our number 1 problem at the moment

Last edited by paul66; 08/06/17 09:11 AM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

nah not 75m that is a silly price. But I thinkif we had acted properly we could have got him for 50m. He is a hella lot better player than Lovern. I think he would be an amazing signing.

Yeah he is not the best CB in the world. But we probably can't get the best CB to come here. He is probably the best that we can get. I get the hysteria because I would have seen it as a massive signing and a big statement to beat chelsea and city. Defence is our number 1 problem at the moment

It looks quite clear that Southampton wants much more than 50m and would like to bring in City and Chelsea in an auction. This is why we pulled out, basically to tell Southampton to forget to get anything more than 50m from us. Still early days and there are a lot of CB in the world that are at least good enough.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion