Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Now this thread comes about because of seeing the "so called" spat between the owners wife and a fan on twitter!

Linda Pizzuti Henry accuses Liverpool fan of harassing her
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/lind...-her/ar-BBzYEiu

I can appreciate the lengths Linda is going to stand by her man, however when she is the ONLY one that is open and emgaging with the fans, out of the whole Football club, then it really does p*ss me off!

Linda is the ONLY outet for fans to ask questions at the way the club is being run. She pops up on twitter when the team are doing well, giving it the Hi-Fives and telling us all how she's been a fan for years...this is the sort of manufactured BS, most fans don't appreciate, me included!

It is wrong to attack her but from what I have seen? maybe somebody else can show me different...that fans have not been too untoward in their approach to her? I didn't see anybody calling her names, just asking questions.

This disconnection from the fans from the club has been going on for a long time. We are fed manufactured PR to make the world in their rose tinted specs seem wonderful, as fans grow even more discontented.

The Owners can't be a*sed coming to the games and would rather stay across the pond, but for a fleeting visit to a giant in our arena, recently with no mention why they where there!
The players post selfies and don't engage with fans on social media. Our local rag would rather fluff everything and anything about the club, rather than tell it how it is because they are worried the very little interaction they currently get would be cut off!

Does anybody else think the club and the owners could do more to be more approachable to the fans?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Disconnected two weak a description occupying different planets would be my description.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Harassing the owner's wife is a bit off though don't you think?

Wast there a fan committee set up a few years ago? Regular meetings between fan representatives of various categories and the owners.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Genuine question. How connected are other clubs fans to their owners?

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
Harassing the owner's wife is a bit off though don't you think?

Wast there a fan committee set up a few years ago? Regular meetings between fan representatives of various categories and the owners.

I didn't see anything untoward in the comments to her...if she's trying to engage with fans then she should be open to fans asking questions. There's a huge difference between harrassing and conversation, if she has her twitter account open to fans then they are allowed to ask questions.

And how is that fan committee thingy going? I've not seen anything on it!

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
There's obviously some history that we don't see in the article.

If she is engaging with fans then it can only be in a lighthearted, chearleader type way. I don't think it's appropriate to take grievances to her. She has no official role or responsibility.

The commitee info is here:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/fans/supporters-committee/supporters-committee-home

Aims

- To establish a forum for supporters to communicate directly with the club in a structured manner.
- To help the club better understand the issues that most affect and concern our fans.
- To give the club an opportunity to explain the thinking behind key decisions.
- To enable fans to play a key role in helping the club achieve success on and off the pitch.
- To provide a greater degree of transparency about key issues that affect supporters.
- To enhance the relationship between Liverpool Football Club and our supporters.
- To help ensure fans feel their loyalty is valued by Liverpool Football Club.
- To help improve Liverpool Football Club for the benefit of all supporters.

Role of Committee

As an elected member of the Liverpool FC Supporters' Committee, each individual has a duty to liaise with fans from the group they represent and ensure they best serve their interests in meetings with the club and the owners.

Each of the 12 members is contactable via email and they are able to provide feedback and take questions from the fans they represent, as well as share updates after each meeting.

Maybe better to refer grievances to the committee than to JH's wife.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
There's obviously some history that we don't see in the article.

If she is engaging with fans then it can only be in a lighthearted, chearleader type way. I don't think it's appropriate to take grievances to her. She has no official role or responsibility.

The commitee info is here:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/fans/supporters-committee/supporters-committee-home

Aims

- To establish a forum for supporters to communicate directly with the club in a structured manner.
- To help the club better understand the issues that most affect and concern our fans.
- To give the club an opportunity to explain the thinking behind key decisions.
- To enable fans to play a key role in helping the club achieve success on and off the pitch.
- To provide a greater degree of transparency about key issues that affect supporters.
- To enhance the relationship between Liverpool Football Club and our supporters.
- To help ensure fans feel their loyalty is valued by Liverpool Football Club.
- To help improve Liverpool Football Club for the benefit of all supporters.

Role of Committee

As an elected member of the Liverpool FC Supporters' Committee, each individual has a duty to liaise with fans from the group they represent and ensure they best serve their interests in meetings with the club and the owners.

Each of the 12 members is contactable via email and they are able to provide feedback and take questions from the fans they represent, as well as share updates after each meeting.

Maybe better to refer grievances to the committee than to JH's wife.

Email? and if you're lucky you may get a polite brush off!
This is what I'm conversing about...disconnected!

JH's Wife shouldn't have her twitter account under the guise of being welcoming, if she's not willing to converse with fans who subsidise her way of life!

Would we be here conversing on this subject about JH's Wife if she were a man? I think this has been blown out of proportion and that Linda maybe manipulating her gender?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Poor Linda,she must be in pieces over this.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
I don't understand how anyone can be affected by a couple of weirdos on Twitter making idle threats? People get death threats and actual attack to their homes, yet here we are concerned about the wellbeing of a billionaire's wife, who lives in her gated community. I am not condoning whatever crap they have written about her, it's just a bunch of silly trolls who have nothing to do, they should be simply ignored.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Agreed,I have no time for Linda and John

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion