Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Arsenal: Feb 25th Monaco (home), March 1st Everton (home), March 4th QPR (home), March 9th United (FA Cup Away), March 14th West Ham (home), March 17th
Monaco (away), March 21 Newcastle (away), April 4th Liverpool (home), April 11 Burnley (away), April 13th/14th CL Quarter Finals 1st leg (possible), April 18 Sunderland (home), April 19th FA Cup Semifinal (possible, could be rescheduled), April 21/22 CL Quarter Finals 2nd leg (possible), April 26 Chelsea (home), May 2nd Hull (away), May 5th/6th Cl Semifinals leg 1 (possible), May 9th Swansea (home), May 12th/13th CL Semi-finals (possible), May 16th United (away), May 24th West Brom (home), May 30th FA Cup final (possible)

Total League Fixtures 12 (home 7, away 5, against top 7 teams 3), Other Guaranteed fixtures 3 (1 home 2 away), other possible fixtures 7.

Total fixtures 15, total possible fixtures 22.

Liverpool: Feb 26th Besiktas (Away), March 1 Manchester City (home), March 4th Burnley (home), March 8th Blackburn Rovers (home), March 12th Europa league Round of 16 leg 1 (possible), March 16th Swansea (Away), March 19th Europa league Round of 16 leg 2 (possible), March 22nd Man United (home), April 4th Arsenal (Away), April 13th Newcastle (Home), April 16th Europa Quarter Finals leg 1 (possible), April 18th Hull Away, April 19th FA Cup Semi Final (possible, could be rescheduled), April 23rd Europa Quarter finals leg 2 (possible), April 25 West Brom (Away), May 2nd QPR Home, May 7th Europa Semi-final leg 1(possible), May 9th Chelsea (Away), May 14th Europa Semi-final (possible) leg 2, May 16th Palace (Home), May 24th Stoke (Away), May 27th Europa final (possible), May 30th FA Cup final (Possible).

League Fixtures 12 (Away 6, Home 6, Against top 7 teams 4), Other Guaranteed Fixtures 2 (1 Home 1 Away), Other Potential fixtures 9.

Total Fixtures 14, Total Possible Fixtures 23.

Manchester United: Feb 28th Sunderland (home), March 4th Newcastle (Away), March 9 Arsenal (FA Cup Home), March 15th Spurs (Home), March 22 Liverpool (Away), April 4th Villa (home), April 12th City (home), April 18th Chelsea (Away), April 19th FA Cup Semi-final (Possible, could be rescheduled), April 26th Everton (Away), May 2nd West Brom (Home), May 9th Palace (Away), May 16th Arsenal (Home), May 24th Hull (Away), May 30th FA Cup Final (Possible).

League Fixtures: 12 (Home 6, Away 6, Against top 7 Teams 5), Other fixtures 1 (home), Other Possible fixtures 2.

Total Fixtures: 13, Total Possible Fixtures 15.

Southampton: Feb 28th West Brom (away), March 3rd Palace (home), March 15 Chelsea (away), March 21 Burnley (home), April 4th Everton (away), April 11th Hull (home), April 18 Stoke (away), April 25th Spurs (home), May 2 Sunderland (Away), May 9th Leicester (away), May 16th Villa (home) May 24 City (away).

League Fixtures: 12 (home 5, away 7, against top 7 teams 3). Other Fixtures (none).

Tottenham: Feb 26th Fiorentina (away), March 1st Chelsea (league cup final),
March 4th Swansea (home), March 7th QPR (away), March 12th Europa league Round of 16 leg 1 (possible),, March 15th United (away), March 19th Europa league Round of 16 leg 2 (possible), March 21st Leicester (home), April 5th Burnley (away), April 11th Villa (home), April 16th Europa Quarter Finals leg 1 (possible), April 19th Newcastle (away), April 23rd Europa Quarter finals leg 2 (possible), April 25th Southampton (away), May 2nd City (home), May 7th Europa Semi-final leg 1 (possible), May 9th Stoke (away) May 14th Europa Semi-final leg 2 (possible), May 16 Hull (home), May 24th Everton (away), May 27 Europa final (possible).

Total League Fixtures 12 (Home 5, away 7, against top 7 teams 3), Other Guaranteed fixtures 2 (away), other potential fixtures 7.

Total Fixtures 14 total possible fixtures 21.

D
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
D
Appreciate the effort but the layout is awful.

All I got from tat is that we all play 12 games each in the league.

1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
After looking at all of these together, I have to say, Southampton have the kindest run out by a country mile. Fewest fixtures and fewest against the top 7. We'll have to hope that their large number of away league games will result in some dropped points, or they could very well take 4th.

Arsenal look nailed on for 3rd to me. They have more guaranteed fixtures than anyone and have second most possible fixtures, but their squad is big enough to deal with that. They also have been incredible at home lately, and they have 7 of their next 12 league games at home, and only 3 against the top 3.

Tottenham don't worry me so much. They have a lot of potential fixtures to deal with, and a lot of away fixtures. They're capable of winning them, but they're too inconsistent and too leaky at the back. I think they'll stay where they are.

4th still looks United's to lose, with their smaller fixture list they have and the lead they have on us and the Saints. Thankfully, they're form is among the worst in the bunch, and they still have the most games against the top 7. Their game at Anfield will be crucial.

For us, how the season ends looks very up in the air. I think at this point we still really need United or Southampton to slip up for us to make top 4, and even then, we'll still have to be very nearly perfect until the end of the season. With the Europa and FA cup fixtures to deal with, this is going to be very difficult.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Southampton have already played fewer games so it's not like they will suddenly gain an advantage as the seasons closes in. I fully expect them to drop away a little and spurs always bottle it.

The way I see it, it's a shootout between us, Utd & Arsenal for the 3rd & 4th place.

In fact, I'll narrow it down even further: Arsenal will get 3rd place - Sanchez has made a huge difference to them, Walcott is now back and Ramsey is nearly fit again.

The whole season could come down to Liverpool vs Man Utd at Anfield!!

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

D
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
D
Originally Posted By: redordead13
After looking at all of these together, I have to say, Southampton have the kindest run out by a country mile. Fewest fixtures and fewest against the top 7. We'll have to hope that their large number of away league games will result in some dropped points, or they could very well take 4th.

Arsenal look nailed on for 3rd to me. They have more guaranteed fixtures than anyone and have second most possible fixtures, but their squad is big enough to deal with that. They also have been incredible at home lately, and they have 7 of their next 12 league games at home, and only 3 against the top 3.

Tottenham don't worry me so much. They have a lot of potential fixtures to deal with, and a lot of away fixtures. They're capable of winning them, but they're too inconsistent and too leaky at the back. I think they'll stay where they are.

4th still looks United's to lose, with their smaller fixture list they have and the lead they have on us and the Saints. Thankfully, they're form is among the worst in the bunch, and they still have the most games against the top 7. Their game at Anfield will be crucial.

For us, how the season ends looks very up in the air. I think at this point we still really need United or Southampton to slip up for us to make top 4, and even then, we'll still have to be very nearly perfect until the end of the season. With the Europa and FA cup fixtures to deal with, this is going to be very difficult.

Southampton had close to a two week rest before they played us(?) But I've seen their last few matches and it looks like they're slipping, getting a bit leggy and It looks like they'll convert those earlier season wins into draws in the run in (here's hoping anyway)

I agree about the "nearly perfect" end to the season for us & it scares me.... nearly perfect and I don't think we have anyone else to worry about - anything less than that and we'll have to, to an extent, rely on others dropping points.

10 games from now I expect it to still be close - one or two maybe out of contention for a top 4 spot, but hopefully we're still there or there abouts...

Squeeky, squeeky bum time eek

Last edited by Donut; 23/02/15 05:58 PM.
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: Darcus
Southampton have already played fewer games so it's not like they will suddenly gain an advantage as the seasons closes in. I fully expect them to drop away a little and spurs always bottle it.

The way I see it, it's a shootout between us, Utd & Arsenal for the 3rd & 4th place.

In fact, I'll narrow it down even further: Arsenal will get 3rd place - Sanchez has made a huge difference to them, Walcott is now back and Ramsey is nearly fit again.

The whole season could come down to Liverpool vs Man Utd at Anfield!!

Well, of course it isn't a new advantage, but it's one that has them above us currently! They very well may drop off, but writing them off at this stage is premature.

D
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
D
We're gonna smash them at Anfield, I have absolutely no doubt about that.

1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
As it stands, this is how I think it will finish:

Chelsea
City
Arsenal
Liverpool
United
Southampton
Spurs

However, Southampton could very well take 4th, and so could United. It's going to be a very demanding few months.

D
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
D
Massive end to the season - massive triumph for us if we get that 4th spot given the season we've had.... huge second half to the season.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion