Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Originally Posted By: wilkij1975
Originally Posted By: sixtiesred
It seems that the Qatar government are bidding for a Spurs takeover ?
How is is it all these rich consortiums go for clubs other than us ?

I read that too. There's been a lot of Spurs take overs going on in the recent past so probably not much in it.

But they'll be looked at as a London club with sound financials and a new stadium to be built. If their owners are willing to sell and ours aren't, that'll also help.

+1

I think FSG would be willing to sell though, if someone coughed up around £ 1,000,000,000,000,000.69 or so, which is about their valuation of the LFC brand.... frown

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Remember that we have Xavi, Balotelli and Borini in our team, which Spuds don't have! frown

Top4 #455767 17/12/14 05:19 PM
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By: van Gogh
What got better was that FSG stepped up and made more funds available for new signings.

But as already has been mentioned - all that money seems to have gone down the drain for even more/worse dross than the first round of utter shíte. frown

Why would a manager on the cusp of a title last year spend nothing on top class players ! unless there was some sort of policy on how much he could spend on individual players and there wages, im not sticking up for br he has made some gob smakingly strange decisions in his time and is still doing it as the utd game proves but I can't believe after last season and losing suarez he had a totally free hand on purchases because any manager would of known he needed class coming in, Stevie is getting past it sadly there's a top class player required a DM too , a striker a goalie I do not believe he was that stupid to go and chase mario and lambert as replacement forwards and all the one season wonder buys ! To me that smacks of someone with no football nouse at all and to me points the finger at the only group within LFC that fit that discription fsg imo
Originally Posted By: Top4
Have to agree Sixty, in fact it's pretty much a given at this point that the transfer decision making policy is a shambles and down to a group. People want to rip Rogers to shreds- I get it, but he is one of a number who are failing and if he pays with his job they all need to.

Yeah, I fully agree with both of those posts. Our recruitment over the last couple of seasons can only be understood in the context of clueless owners forcing a clueless recruitment setup and policy on the club. Nobody with any football knowledge or even basic cop on would’ve followed the LFC approach over the last couple of seasons. They either change everything, or they have to go, and go before they destroy us altogether.

D
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
D
Tottenham would run us a close second.

#455857 18/12/14 06:36 AM
Muj Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad

quite possibly because we arent based in London :P

Steven Gerrard: Heartbeat of LFC.

football is fuckingg cruel
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By: van Gogh

I read that too. There's been a lot of Spurs take overs going on in the recent past so probably not much in it.

But they'll be looked at as a London club with sound financials and a new stadium to be built. If their owners are willing to sell and ours aren't, that'll also help.

+1

I think FSG would be willing to sell though, if someone coughed up around £ 1,000,000,000,000,000.69 or so, which is about their valuation of the LFC brand.... frown
Is that dollars or pounds?

imadk #455909 18/12/14 11:34 AM
D
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
D
Pesetas laugh

#455936 18/12/14 01:02 PM
Muj Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: Muj

quite possibly because we arent based in London :P

And how far away from lfc are Citeh ?

still not in liverpool im sure :P

Steven Gerrard: Heartbeat of LFC.

football is fuckingg cruel
#455947 18/12/14 01:25 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
City cost peanuts compared to what Spurs would and compared to what FSG would want for us. Factor in the virtually free stadium they got and it was worth buying. Sorry to say this, but Manchester could also be seen as a more attractive city than Liverpool for foreigners?

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Sorry to say this, but Manchester could also be seen as a more attractive city than Liverpool for foreigners?

Not sure I agree with this after Liverpool being the capital of culture a few years back.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion