Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By: vish LFC
I think that there is a general consensus that we need a proven goalscorer, however, it also appears that the market is very soft as there are not many available and those available are overvalued. Last time we had a somewhat similar situation (with less time) was when Torres was sold and we ended up with an over priced purchase. Though we paid too much, I think we had to take a chance, even with hindsight, I know some like being wise especially after the event. What do people think we should do this time around? Should we go for overpriced but not very prolific players like Bony or Lavezzi or Cavani (who are apparently available) or wait for next transfer windows?

Sorry vish can't vote on that selection, IMO we can't wait till the January window either, we have over 70m from the Suarez sale, LFC must get out there and use that or whatever portion of it is necessary to sign a top quality versatile forward/ striker in this window, they should have done it before now, and not be arseing around with all these potentials until they'd done that. Those 3 you've nominated are not good enough imo.

lumba #430060 06/08/14 05:20 PM
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
My name is Rod ffs! laugh

lumba #430061 06/08/14 05:23 PM
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
My bony lies over the ocean, my bony lies over.....

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Into this season we're thrown
Like a dog without a bony..

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
lumba #430063 06/08/14 05:29 PM
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Let go of my Bony tail!

lumba #430064 06/08/14 05:30 PM
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By: lumba
Into this season we're thrown
Like a dog without a bony..

Mongrel as things stand, and that shouldn't be a bony of contention either

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By: Hercules/AF 58
I think that there is a general consensus that we need a proven goalscorer, however, it also appears that the market is very soft as there are not many available and those available are overvalued. Last time we had a somewhat similar situation (with less time) was when Torres was sold and we ended up with an over priced purchase. Though we paid too much, I think we had to take a chance, even with hindsight, I know some like being wise especially after the event. What do people think we should do this time around? Should we go for overpriced but not very prolific players like Bony or Lavezzi or Cavani (who are apparently available) or wait for next transfer windows?

Sorry vish can't vote on that selection, IMO we can't wait till the January window either, we have over 70m from the Suarez sale, LFC must get out there and use that or whatever portion of it is necessary to sign a top quality versatile forward/ striker in this window, they should have done it before now, and not be arseing around with all these potentials until they'd done that. Those 3 you've nominated are not good enough imo.

So who do you want signed, I doubt any of Messi or Ronaldo to come?

D
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
D
Originally Posted By: van Gogh
Let go of my Bony tail!

La Isla Bony ta

Derek #430074 06/08/14 06:43 PM
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Do you mean Bounty? whistle

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By: Hercules/AF 58

So who do you want signed, I doubt any of Messi or Ronaldo to come?

Ah now vish come off it, Rodgers, the scouts the committee and Ayer are all paid in the millions between them to scout, identify and sign the players, and you expect me to scout, identify and pick a signing for them? There’s a world of talent out there! But if a club hamstrings it’s manager with a silly policy and a committee don’t be surprised if your new horse turns out to be a camel. It would seem right now that Rodgers, the committee, Ayre and FSG are like rabbits caught in the headlights, they seem frozen into immobility when it comes to spending the kind of money that’ll sign us a suitable forward/striker. But to repeat it’s their job not mine, they need to get on with it and quick.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion
Can Elliott and Trent play together?
by Torres65 - 13/05/24 10:46 AM