Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Hypothetical question...

For me the idea to put probably the 2 best CB's on the planet together is a no brainer. With Lovren going, Matip's injuries becoming more incessant (out now for rest of season)and Gomez's injury history, VVD's CB partner has now become transfer priority number 1.

I know most fans wanted another attacking player to challenge / cover our trident, however we've got players who can come in and do a job for us if any of our trident are injured or rested: Ox, Minamino, Origi, Keita, Elliott and if Shaq stays.
It's not a pressing area of the pitch that we'd be fubar'd if any of our trident are out for any amount of time.

I rank GK, CB and Attack as the most important positions and our current squad is going to be weak at CB. The fact Koulibaly is on the market and if he goes to Man City he makes them almost complete as a team, we have to make sure that does not happen. Whilst we have a chance to acquire him, we should move heaven and earth to make it happen.

I've reflected on the current financial climate for clubs with the ChiComm Virus and can see that Klopp's priorities changed, hence why we never acquired Werner.

Kalidou Koulibaly please.

Thoughts?

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
...and...

twitter now buzzing with reports that City are currently negotiating a deal for Koulibaly. Sounds about right after them selling Sane to Bayern yesterday they're using that cash to acquire Koulibaly.

It will be a disaster if City get Koulibaly.

frown

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
...and...

twitter now buzzing with reports that City are currently negotiating a deal for Koulibaly. Sounds about right after them selling Sane to Bayern yesterday they're using that cash to acquire Koulibaly.

It will be a disaster if City get Koulibaly.

frown

Disaster, why? Our owners want to sleep on their laurels as they didnt expect us to win the league (the Chairman said it recently that they were aiming mainly to qualify for the CL), just qualifying can happen without spending much as they saw under Klopp, they'll just continue and any trophy will be the cherry on the cake.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Hypothetical question...

For me the idea to put probably the 2 best CB's on the planet together is a no brainer. With Lovren going, Matip's injuries becoming more incessant (out now for rest of season)and Gomez's injury history, VVD's CB partner has now become transfer priority number 1.

I know most fans wanted another attacking player to challenge / cover our trident, however we've got players who can come in and do a job for us if any of our trident are injured or rested: Ox, Minamino, Origi, Keita, Elliott and if Shaq stays.
It's not a pressing area of the pitch that we'd be fubar'd if any of our trident are out for any amount of time.

I rank GK, CB and Attack as the most important positions and our current squad is going to be weak at CB. The fact Koulibaly is on the market and if he goes to Man City he makes them almost complete as a team, we have to make sure that does not happen. Whilst we have a chance to acquire him, we should move heaven and earth to make it happen.

I've reflected on the current financial climate for clubs with the ChiComm Virus and can see that Klopp's priorities changed, hence why we never acquired Werner.

Kalidou Koulibaly please.

Thoughts?

We do look more at risk in defence, so probably yes.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Is Koulibaly the only cb left in the world? He is 28 already and the Napoli owner is a [oops] to deal with, If city get him so be it, our scouts should have identified other options by now. I agree we need another CB because we cannot rely on the others to play a full season, I also argue we need a deputy GK aswell.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Is Koulibaly the only cb left in the world? He is 28 already and the Napoli owner is a [oops] to deal with, If city get him so be it, our scouts should have identified other options by now. I agree we need another CB because we cannot rely on the others to play a full season, I also argue we need a deputy GK aswell.

Definitely not the only one but probably the only one of that level available. Question is, how much is he worth?

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Definitely not the only one but probably the only one of that level available. Question is, how much is he worth?

Apparently the Napoli owner does not deal with transfers now, he has a new director of football, so hopefully that makes it easier, if we could part ex Lovren that would be great, Matip being out for rest of season with a sore toe just shows we need reliable CB.

Africa Cup of Nations being moved to January 2022 also makes it easier to sign him, as we will not lose him next season. I still think it is unlikely we will sign him due to his price/age, hopefully if Klopp really wants him, FSG will back him. Iwluld value Lovren at £20 million, so £50 million + Lovren would be a good offer.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

Apparently the Napoli owner does not deal with transfers now, he has a new director of football, so hopefully that makes it easier, if we could part ex Lovren that would be great, Matip being out for rest of season with a sore toe just shows we need reliable CB.

Africa Cup of Nations being moved to January 2022 also makes it easier to sign him, as we will not lose him next season. I still think it is unlikely we will sign him due to his price/age, hopefully if Klopp really wants him, FSG will back him. Iwluld value Lovren at £20 million, so £50 million + Lovren would be a good offer.

High hopes and Lovren valued at 20m, really?

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Well I believe this an opportunity for the glass bead crunchers at the club to become creative and approach the likes of Nike to help out with a deal for such a significant, signature player.

Rooney to Derby type of deal...

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
[quote=EnergisedReds]

High hopes and Lovren valued at 20m, really?

He nearly left for Roma last summer for £25 million, Milan were also interested, he is an experienced international who played in the World Cup final and won CL & PL, so £20 million sounds reasonable, certainly if part of a swap deal, but the market is abit unknown ATM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion