Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
I get there is a feeling of hopelessness from a Liverpool fan and most pundits point of view for winning this game by a big enough margin to meet Chelsea in the Semi-Finals. I would fancy our chances v Chelsea if we did go through.

Whilst not totally abandoning all hope for this game, I think Liverpool need to come out the blocks FAST and that's why I'd start the 4 up front. I believe if we take Real Madrid by surprise early their patched up defence could crumble. Give it an hour and if we have no answer to Real Madrid then look to sub some players out.

Klopp needs to try something different here because we were well and truly 2nd best in the 1st leg and lucky not to have a bigger mountain to climb. But at a deficit of 2 goals, let's give it an hour and see what happens.

Alisson

TAA Philips Kabak Robbo

Fab Thiago

Salah Bobby Jota Mane

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
I get there is a feeling of hopelessness from a Liverpool fan and most pundits point of view for winning this game by a big enough margin to meet Chelsea in the Semi-Finals. I would fancy our chances v Chelsea if we did go through.

Whilst not totally abandoning all hope for this game, I think Liverpool need to come out the blocks FAST and that's why I'd start the 4 up front. I believe if we take Real Madrid by surprise early their patched up defence could crumble. Give it an hour and if we have no answer to Real Madrid then look to sub some players out.

Klopp needs to try something different here because we were well and truly 2nd best in the 1st leg and lucky not to have a bigger mountain to climb. But at a deficit of 2 goals, let's give it an hour and see what happens.

Alisson

TAA Philips Kabak Robbo

Fab Thiago

Salah Bobby Jota Mane

It seems to me that Klopp is very afraid to concede these days, else he would have started with this team. Anyway, our misfiring forwards didn't help neither

M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
If anything has highlighted our fragility, lack of finishing capability, Klopp not having a plan b,c or d its been the 2 games v Real Madrid.

Salah continues to frustrate and not convert chances, Firmino and Mane look shattered mentally and physically. Midfield dominated but didn't create, why didn't Thiago start?

Defence coped well (last night) as Real played a keep ball, frustrate game knowing full well if they needed to then they could probably score.

I'm as frustrated as everyone else as had the Salah chance gone in I think we would have gone on to win, we will never know, not sure how the semi finals will pan out, but City will never have a better chance to win the CL - hopefully PSG beat them and after their energetic and then clever performance against us over 2 legs I think Real may have enough to beat Chelsea

Need some new players in over the next transfer window, midfield needs a re-vamp, hopefully Wijnaldum will stay but Ox, Shaquiri, Keita, Milner need replacing. Hoping Thiago finds his feet (and his passing boots) until the end of the season and has a stellar career with us.

Top 4 will be a challenge, if City or Chelsea win the CL do we get an extra place in the competition next season?

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
One thing that speakes volumes to me is everytime Jota comes on he looks so much sharper and hungrier than any of our front 3. Mane and Firmino have been consistently ineffective for months, Salah is the most infuriating striker on the planet because his numbers are great but jeez how many easy chances does he spurn? He is not world class but his numbers are good, basically our Reheem Sterling. No way any of the big clubs look at Salah last night and think yeah we would pay big money for him.

It's clear as day that not having VVD was the excuse in the beggining but having the worst conversion rate in the league is not because VVD is injured.

Said it before I'll say it again our strikers should be ashamed of themselves for how bad this season has gone, if I have 139 shots at Anfield I promise you more than 3 go in.

I don't think I'd ship them all out I still think they are useful but we definately need another Jota in the summer and something in midfield.

E
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
E
with henderson out, we lack someone that can go box to box and drive the team forwards.
would tomas souchek be a good buy? declan rice would probably be too expensive.

T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
Salah shoots either side of the keeper in the first 5 mins and the comeback was on. Real were there for the taking but our shooting was atrocious with only Milner testing the keeper. Lack of goal threat from midfield, awful set pieces, and not enough goals from our fullbacks have been our undoing all year - especially with the front three now misfiring regularly.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion