Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#634517 24/07/20 12:42 PM
E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Looks like Lovren could be gone, £10.9 million fee is decent in the current market, Good luck to him, he's served us well, always did his best and rarely complained:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dejan...-deal-km938j72l

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Looks like Lovren could be gone, £10.9 million fee is decent in the current market, Good luck to him, he's served us well, always did his best and rarely complained:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dejan...-deal-km938j72l

We'll probably bring back the lad who we loaned to I think Monchengladbach in Germany. 10m for Lovren will probably go into shareholders loan repayment

B
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
B

Good luck Dejan. Will be great to see Thiago strutt his stuff in that no 6 jersey next season.

T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
That's Lallana and Lovren out the door.... who will follow them?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
That's Lallana and Lovren out the door.... who will follow them?

The question should rather be, who will replace them?

K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
We will probably get Jan Vertonghen and a British Moneyball star.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Ake?

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
lumba #634577 27/07/20 04:06 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By lumba
Ake?

I rather think we will call back the young player on loan in Germany, I remember we called him for one FA cup game, against Shrewsbury I think

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Who is the financial genius allowing Lovren to leave without us having a replacement already? Well done di*khead you've just told the world we are after another CB which means we'll be paying over the odds for that player!

Pickles #634579 27/07/20 04:26 PM
P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Originally Posted By Pickles
Who is the financial genius allowing Lovren to leave without us having a replacement already? Well done di*khead you've just told the world we are after another CB which means we'll be paying over the odds for that player!

Probably Micheal Edwards. You know the guy who is part responsible for building one of the best teams on the planet. Who won multiple trophies in the last year.

Last edited by paul66; 27/07/20 04:26 PM.
paul66 #634580 27/07/20 05:14 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By paul66
[/quote]Probably Micheal Edwards. You know the guy who is part responsible for building one of the best teams on the planet. Who won multiple trophies in the last year.

...or BY DESIGN..."We couldn't get player "X" because the players' club wanted too much money!

One thing we've learned about our ULTRA frugal Owners is that we can all sleep safe at night knowing they've checked every nook and cranny...dug down every sofa and every seat in Anfield after every game to make sure theres no money that has been dropped.
Just ask their reinstated staff from furloughing!

B
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
B

I rekon Thiago comes in allowing Fabhino to be the emergency 4th CB if required or if the youngsters are not up to it.

Paying big money for a new CB to come in ahead of Gomez makes no sense and will not happen.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I hear our next BIG signing is Martin Lewis from MoneySavingExpert.com!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
He won't be happy with BOGOF going out the window..Cheers fatties.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
paul66 #634586 27/07/20 08:16 PM
E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By paul66
Originally Posted By Pickles

Probably Micheal Edwards. You know the guy who is part responsible for building one of the best teams on the planet. Who won multiple trophies in the last year.

Yep, we have been pretty good at this recruitment for the last few years, building a team to win the biggest trophies, short memories !

E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By lumba
Ake?

I rather think we will call back the young player on loan in Germany, I remember we called him for one FA cup game, against Shrewsbury I think

Nathaniel Phillips has been at Stuttgart all season, he looked good in pre-season.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
BREAKING NEWS VIDEO...

Klopp asks FSG a question?

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
Always rated Vertonghen. Freebie and a great option whilst Gomez improves and the youngsters try and step up.
He's played LB many times too so seems a perfect short term option.

Priority then can be a front 3 player, if there's anyone suitable left.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Last edited by Snakeye; 28/07/20 10:07 AM.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
RedJohn #634591 28/07/20 10:31 AM
E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By RedJohn
Always rated Vertonghen. Freebie and a great option whilst Gomez improves and the youngsters try and step up.

The problem with Vertonghen is that he will want regular first team football, Klopp won't want to block Gomez progression, so as long as Vertonghen is willing to be a squad player, that would be ok, with Matip & Gomez injuries and all the games we will have next season in what is likely to be more congested with the late start, he should get plenty of football.

Rumours are United are after him, so we will see, with Lallana & Lovren gone, we should be able to offer decent wages.

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
This is only positive news imo Lovren has been one of the worst defenders I have seen in a Liverpool shirt, I would have let him go on a free so to get 10 mil for him is astonishing. Don't get me wrong, there is a decent player in there somewhere and he did well at Southampton and he was a great professional so I wish him the best, but I am happy to see him go. I don't care that we haven't got anyone in... it's only good news he is no longer available to give away his customary 2 goals a game.

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R

The problem with Vertonghen is that he will want regular first team football, Klopp won't want to block Gomez progression, so as long as Vertonghen is willing to be a squad player, that would be ok, with Matip & Gomez injuries and all the games we will have next season in what is likely to be more congested with the late start, he should get plenty of football.

Rumours are United are after him, so we will see, with Lallana & Lovren gone, we should be able to offer decent wages.

This is the kind of player we need and we should at least get him just so United don't. He'd be at least 3rd choice and Gomez is still learning, still makes mistakes, not to mention very good cover for Robertson.

He'll know he hasn't got long at the top and this is his chance to get a league title after years of mediocrity. He'd get plenty of football.

RedJohn #634611 29/07/20 02:41 PM
E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E

This is the kind of player we need and we should at least get him just so United don't. He'd be at least 3rd choice and Gomez is still learning, still makes mistakes, not to mention very good cover for Robertson.

He'll know he hasn't got long at the top and this is his chance to get a league title after years of mediocrity. He'd get plenty of football.

Klopp rarely brings in older players, even Milner was brought in before Klopp joined, he likes to develop players, so will be interesting to see what he does, I would be surprised if we sign him, but I would be happy if we did, just for extra cover on CB & Robertson, which is essential we cover LB.

E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By jim_beam
This is only positive news imo Lovren has been one of the worst defenders I have seen in a Liverpool shirt, I would have let him go on a free so to get 10 mil for him is astonishing. Don't get me wrong, there is a decent player in there somewhere and he did well at Southampton and he was a great professional so I wish him the best, but I am happy to see him go. I don't care that we haven't got anyone in... it's only good news he is no longer available to give away his customary 2 goals a game.

I agree, Lovren has been a good professional at Liverpool, but there is a reason we have been far more consistent since VvD came in and Lovren dropped out, he makes too many mistakes and everyone knows it, waiting for the next mistake, getting too involved with attackers rather than concentrating on the ball and defending, you can feel it in the crowd, so the players must think similar.

£10 million in the current market is decent business, he was on big wages also, so hopefully we can re-invest that money on bringing in a decent replacement. I'd like Ake, but I think he will be too expensive with the likes of City interested in him, Tarkowski at Burnley is worth a look, good experience in the PL and there's abit of trouble at Burnley with Dyche rumoured to be unhappy, so we might have a chance at getting him, at 27 he has a decent few years in him.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Klopp rarely brings in older players, even Milner was brought in before Klopp joined, he likes to develop players, so will be interesting to see what he does, I would be surprised if we sign him, but I would be happy if we did, just for extra cover on CB & Robertson, which is essential we cover LB.

Yes that's true.

But given the choice of noone and an older freebie I'm quite sure Klopp would take what he could get.

And Vertonghen can cover both cb spots and lb. That sounds all good to me.

E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By van Gogh

Yes that's true.

But given the choice of noone and an older freebie I'm quite sure Klopp would take what he could get.

And Vertonghen can cover both cb spots and lb. That sounds all good to me.

I agree, he would be a good buy, lots of experience of PL & CL, helps cover Robertson and is an upgrade on Lovren and is old enough that he is not a long term block for Gomez.

E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
We are now being linked with Bournemouth defender Lloyd Kelly, we were in for him last year when he moved from Bristol City, he can play CB & LB, at 21 he feels a more likely FSG signing, especially as we like to make a signing from a relegated club !

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
We are now being linked with Bournemouth defender Lloyd Kelly, we were in for him last year when he moved from Bristol City, he can play CB & LB, at 21 he feels a more likely FSG signing, especially as we like to make a signing from a relegated club !

As long as he costs around 10m, we might have a chance

E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

As long as he costs around 10m, we might have a chance

He joined Bournemouth for £13 million last year, so I think FSG may have to go digging down the back of their sofa, or ask Linda not to buy another pair of shoes for a few weeks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion