Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#633226 15/05/20 11:21 AM
E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
So, with Bundesliga starting this weekend, who plans to watch?

I will try and watch a few games, will be interesting to see how it feels with empty stadiums and how they handle it......

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
not me

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
So, with Bundesliga starting this weekend, who plans to watch?

I will try and watch a few games, will be interesting to see how it feels with empty stadiums and how they handle it......

Would be interesting to watch how it goes

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I will watch, Dortmund v Schalke is a derby, shud be good, I will also watch Leipzeg see how Werner is doing.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I watched 70mins, its past 3 am so was feeling sleepy but an entertaining match I don't know if it was because being starved of football or not but I enjoyed it, Dortmund look fresh and fit surprisingly. The coaches never wore a mask during the match which was strange as they said they had to wear one and only lower it when barking instructions, the bench was warming up during the game and they were fairly close together, no more than 1 metre apart, again they said they had to be 2 meters apart so maybe they are allowed to cut corners a bit as they tested everyone prior to the match and nobody had symptoms. I also noticed the camera work was different, there was a lot of close ups and filming the empty stands was minimal which I think is a brilliant job, makes you focus on the players and the game. There maybe some other things I noticed but I'm too sleepy to remember, the fourth goal by Guerrero was fantastic.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
I didn't think the restart would go forward... I was wrong. This should spur the Prem restart perhaps.

E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Snakeye
I watched 70mins, its past 3 am so was feeling sleepy but an entertaining match I don't know if it was because being starved of football or not but I enjoyed it, Dortmund look fresh and fit surprisingly. The coaches never wore a mask during the match which was strange as they said they had to wear one and only lower it when barking instructions, the bench was warming up during the game and they were fairly close together, no more than 1 metre apart, again they said they had to be 2 meters apart so maybe they are allowed to cut corners a bit as they tested everyone prior to the match and nobody had symptoms. I also noticed the camera work was different, there was a lot of close ups and filming the empty stands was minimal which I think is a brilliant job, makes you focus on the players and the game. There maybe some other things I noticed but I'm too sleepy to remember, the fourth goal by Guerrero was fantastic.

I'm just watching the Frankfurt v Gladbach game, I noticed the camera angles are different, with the opposite edge of the pitch at the top of the screen, so minimising how much of the empty stands you see.

I thought the players/managers/coaches were being quarantined, so they do not have to distance and wear protective around each other? the Augsburg managed earlier this week was banned from attending as he broke the quarantine by going to a local shop near his hotel and buying toothpaste:

https://www.si.com/soccer/2020/05/14/bundseliga-manager-suspended-toothpaste

Football behind closed doors is not as "training game-ish" as I thought, so I think we can definitely finish the PL like this.

Lets see how it pans out over the next week with Bundesliga and see if there are any follow up issues.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
I didn't think the restart would go forward... I was wrong. This should spur the Prem restart perhaps.

PL clubs will lose £340m between them so it’ll restart.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

baring another major spike i think its now certain to go ahead in next month. Whether it will amount to much entertainment wise is another question.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

baring another major spike i think its now certain to go ahead in next month. Whether it will amount to much entertainment wise is another question.

No big change for me as I would have watched on tv anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion