Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
RafaB Offline OP
Under 18 Player
OP Offline
Under 18 Player
R
After the stand expansion there was a proposal to put extra 6000 seats to increase capacity to 60k mark, FSG were going to raise ticket prices when the expansion had finished to "pay for the 6000 extra seats, after fan protests FSG scrapped the price increase... BUT said they will NOT look at the 6000 extra seats.... That what I talking about.. It came across as blackmail from FSG, as you won't pay we will not build...

The finance is there, the increase of revenue you are correct helps, but at the time FSG did not say that..

Any news when they FSG will look at the plans for the kop end expansion??

Rafa B,
Freeman of the land,
UKColoumn news,Russia today news.
Getoutofdebtfree.co.uk
YNWA....
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By RafaB
After the stand expansion there was a proposal to put extra 6000 seats to increase capacity to 60k mark, FSG were going to raise ticket prices when the expansion had finished to "pay for the 6000 extra seats, after fan protests FSG scrapped the price increase... BUT said they will NOT look at the 6000 extra seats.... That what I talking about.. It came across as blackmail from FSG, as you won't pay we will not build...

The finance is there, the increase of revenue you are correct helps, but at the time FSG did not say that..

A large part of the Main Stand expansion was based on more/better corporate facilities, so that brings in a much larger revenue per head than a 'normal' fan seat, so in effect, that subsidies the standard ticket price.

I think the Anfield Road development will not have the same corporate facilities, so it will not generate the income required to make it as cost effective.

But we should extend, as it gets more fans in the stadium and generates more income, just over a longer period of time than the main stand, which I believe was built on an interest free loan from FSG which we are paying back out of the increased match day revenue.

The prices of these stadiums seems to be going higher every year, Tottenham was a £billion, so if we do not expand now, it could be double the cost in a few years time. I believe we have the planning permission to develop Anfield road, I think they were talking another 8000 seats, so to around 62,000 capacity, which would be great. I am sure the welcome home procession made an impression on John W & co, so hopefully we will move one now.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By RafaB

A large part of the Main Stand expansion was based on more/better corporate facilities, so that brings in a much larger revenue per head than a 'normal' fan seat, so in effect, that subsidies the standard ticket price.

I think the Anfield Road development will not have the same corporate facilities, so it will not generate the income required to make it as cost effective.

But we should extend, as it gets more fans in the stadium and generates more income, just over a longer period of time than the main stand, which I believe was built on an interest free loan from FSG which we are paying back out of the increased match day revenue.

The prices of these stadiums seems to be going higher every year, Tottenham was a £billion, so if we do not expand now, it could be double the cost in a few years time. I believe we have the planning permission to develop Anfield road, I think they were talking another 8000 seats, so to around 62,000 capacity, which would be great. I am sure the welcome home procession made an impression on John W & co, so hopefully we will move one now.

I agree. As there would be less corporate facilities, to make a further extension would probably mean a ticket price increase. If the demand is there, why not? It is definitely a fact that the entertainment at Anfield has improved

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 14/06/19 02:19 PM.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
i will they would increase the capacity of the stadium. what we really need is a 70k in order to have enough tickets to meet demands . 70k is a pipe dream but if we invest in that bloody railway line we could realistically take it to 63/65k

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By *** Suso ***
i will they would increase the capacity of the stadium. what we really need is a 70k in order to have enough tickets to meet demands . 70k is a pipe dream but if we invest in that bloody railway line we could realistically take it to 63/65k

Demand depends on price, if prices are increased demand usually goes down except probably for drugs. But yes, for some going to Anfield must be like drug addiction, but probably not to everyone, look at SP, he shares his season ticket now.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion