Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 112 of 174 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 173 174
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
Big shift by McDonnell and Labour today.

A second referendum now being spoken about openly by labour.

Interesting times.

Assuming Labour want a second referedum (which is not current party policy) how would they stop article 50 in the next four months and win a majority in parliment for another referendum ? The only way I can see it happening is if Labour put another referendum in their manifesto there was a general election and labour won it. The comments by John Macdonald (which can be interpreted several ways) are simply putting pressure on the government they cannot initiate a second referendum even with the greens, SNP, Lib Dems and of course 7 out of 10 labour constituencies voted to leave we cant forget that. Put yourself in the shoes of a labour MP in a leave constituency which most are

Are leave Labour constituencies still leavers and do they prefer no deal? That's the question but nobody has the answer probably.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Interesting times.

Doesn’t really matter as they have no power.

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

Interesting times.

Doesn’t really matter as they have no power.

They have the power to vote down May's EU deal and they will.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Of course. As do all the other clowns who are just playing politics with our future. So good on em.

But they’ll change their mind by next week as is their way. They’re just scrabbling around for anything to help them gain power. Nice of them to do that when our countries future is at stake. Party of the people.

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Of course. As do all the other clowns who are just playing politics with our future. So good on em.

But they’ll change their mind by next week as is their way. They’re just scrabbling around for anything to help them gain power. Nice of them to do that when our countries future is at stake. Party of the people.

This whole disaster was brought about by the tories. Let's not forget that.

It is the tories that have put the future of the country in jeopardy.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

This whole disaster was brought about by the tories. Let's not forget that.

It is the tories that have put the future of the country in jeopardy.

I’m not forgetting that. They’re all a bunch of shitte sticks regardless of party in my eyes. It’s funny the May is the only one coming out of this looking like she actually cares about the future and not just her own career gains.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I don't like Mays deal but to be fair her biggest problem has been dealing with British MP,s not the EU many of whom are openly trying to stop brexit. Who would have got a better deal than we have now and get it through parliment ? Johnson ? Corbyn ? I see plenty telling us what's wrong not so many telling us what they would do better. Our politics is a disgrace and the deeper they dig the bigger mess it's going to be. The situation as I see it is simple MP,s vote for TM deal or its no deal or we cancel brexit. Either of those options could be chaos. Cancelling brexit will take Britain into territories never seen before and for those who want it I say be careful what you wish for. As for no deal I don't personally think it will be anything like a problem they are making out but our MP,s seem to have a thing about it so politically it's a non flyer. Our country is doing very well at the moment but make no mistake if our MP,s screw up and fight their own battles rather than working for the nation we could be staring at the barrel of a big recession. If that happens the blame should be squarely at those who caused it our useless political class. Theresa Mays deal is not perfect but most brexiteers would have snatched your hand off for it five years ago. For remainers it gives us all the benefits of the EU without paying the money or freedom of movement and the EU will still have some control. So it's not ideal for either side but both sides get something. Will our MP,s do the right thing for the nation i would like to think so but I have my doubts. As for whose fault it is who the hell cares ? What matters is what we do next for the best

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Our MP’s will do what’s best for them Stan as they always do. Time for the ALL to step down in my view and let’s bring in some with the national interest at heart and not their own.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Our politicians are so bad that they even want to argue about what TV station should air the Brexit debate! It’d be funny if it wasn’t such an important time for us all. Fukking pathetic.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Our politicians are so bad that they even want to argue about what TV station should air the Brexit debate! It’d be funny if it wasn’t such an important time for us all. Fukking pathetic.

I saw that the brexit debate between the prime minister and the leader of the opposition is being worked around come dancing and celebrity get me out of here. Corbyn was on ITV claiming people wanted to watch celebrity get me out of here and so did he. Leaving aside how banal and pathetic that is do people not have record facilities watch the daft programme live and record the debate. By the way I have never watched either programme and I never will.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Page 112 of 174 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 173 174

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion