Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/292412-lfc-announces-financial-results

Building a strong base. You cannot progress if you don't have solid foundations and we are getting there with money reinvested.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Yes, as I've often said FSG are to be credited with financial rectitude, however if it weren't for Klopp's apparent pressure on them to sign top players we wouldn't be competing the way we are either. In any case we are currently heading in the right direction as you say, and if they continue leave behind their moneyball approach and back Klopp in signing his top targets, then we can look to the future with considerably more confidence. Hope is everything.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I would think with the stratospheric tv money all premiership clubs would be showing income growth.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
I would think with the stratospheric tv money all premiership clubs would be showing income growth.

It's both revenue and profits growth. The tv money would really help the former while the latter also depends on how you are spending the revenues. United has 200m more revenues than us and are only 2 points ahead, we must be doing something good

KopTalk Editor
Online Content
KopTalk Editor
How many titles have United got over us though? I'd say the pressure is on us, not them smile

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Dunk
How many titles have United got over us though? I'd say the pressure is on us, not them smile

I think they have more pressure than us as they haven't won the league for a few years now, don't think their fans are very happy especially as they are the richest club in the world.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Some people forget how bad it was with H&G and in a different respect even under Moores. We barely had a website, the club store was a joke, no commercial presence and with the collapse out of the CL places in 2010 we were nearly on the brink of administration.

FSG are not the perfect owners. They've made mistakes, and they aren't the sugar daddies that the likes of Chelsea and City have had, but they are competent business people, and I am optimistic about the way things are moving.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By redordead13
Some people forget how bad it was with H&G and in a different respect even under Moores. We barely had a website, the club store was a joke, no commercial presence and with the collapse out of the CL places in 2010 we were nearly on the brink of administration.

FSG are not the perfect owners. They've made mistakes, and they aren't the sugar daddies that the likes of Chelsea and City have had, but they are competent business people, and I am optimistic about the way things are moving.

Yep, FSG have modernised how we operate, with the merchandising, marketing, sponsorship etc, they are experts in running sports franchise business, just let Klopp run the football side and fund him, they were new to football and how it operates, hopefully they have cottoned on now.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By sixtiesred
Yep good with books crap with football as they have no real interest in the game itself well done on financials tho

I think they have done pretty well making LFC self sustainable despite a few mistakes. A sugar daddy would have been better for trophies, but we couldn't get one after trying twice. The only club which is doing at least the same is Spurs but they have a richer local fan base being in London

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By sixtiesred
Yep as I said good with books crap at the game

For you not being crap at the game basically means buying the league by spending huge amounts of money on players, right?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion