Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
W
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
W
Any predictions on if it will happen or not?

I suspect it will, which would indicate?

??????

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
If we make CL. He will stay. If we don't he may go.

What else could he do to indicate he wants to stay?

Say he wants to stay?
Sign a long term contract?

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Looks like Lucas & Moreno played their last game for us the way the players acted around them when they came on. Coutinho was trying to play Lucas through a few times to try and get a goal.

I didn't see any signs regarding sicknotes future when he came off, there wasn't any reactions anywhere that you'd expect when he was subbed as though that was his last game.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Redneckscouser
Looks like Lucas & Moreno played their last game for us the way the players acted around them when they came on. Coutinho was trying to play Lucas through a few times to try and get a goal.

I didn't see any signs regarding sicknotes future when he came off, there wasn't any reactions anywhere that you'd expect when he was subbed as though that was his last game.

He was talking to John W Henry, no signs he was leaving, I think it's 50/50 if he leaves, I can't see many clubs coming in for him with his injury record, today was his last back to back PL game since September, says it all !!!

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Hope it was, and hope Lucas stays.

Marina needs frog marching off the premises. eek

Last edited by Growler; 21/05/17 05:44 PM.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Growler

Hope it was, and hope Lucas stays.

Marina needs frog marching off the premises. eek

Was hard to tell with Lucas, with him getting his award he was giving a speech anyways, I never heard him say goodbye, I think he's worth keeping for his experience, especially with Europe next season and the amount of game we will play, unless we bring in a good experienced MF next season (or move Milner back to MF) when we get a new LB.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Well Storage will definitely still be here next season.

Who would stump up the cash needed to sign him, and as someone else said above with his injury record...

And on top of that we have his fantasy wages too.

He will be here to see his contract out, mark my words!

I'd also like to add that I don't have anything against him staying either, as long as we do sign a really good striker who can play all the games without any injury interruption on the Storage level. If we get the heat off Storage he might prosper again as he did during the Suarez era.

Last edited by van Gogh; 21/05/17 10:50 PM.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By van Gogh
Well Storage will definitely still be here next season.

Who would stump up the cash needed to sign him, and as someone else said above with his injury record...

And on top of that we have his fantasy wages too.

He will be here to see his contract out, mark my words!

I'd also like to add that I don't have anything against him staying either, as long as we do sign a really good striker who can play all the games without any injury interruption on the Storage level. If we get the heat off Storage he might prosper again as he did during the Suarez era.

He has showed in the last few games how he can change a game and cause problems for the opposition, where without him we are predictable and fairly one dimensional, if he would have been unfit for the last few games, I think we would have stumbled and not got top 4, so we need to sign someone who can do a similar job, whether he stays or leaves.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Per Samuel Lovett of the Independent:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footb...d-a7749596.html

Coutinho has dismissed the speculation in an interview with ESPN Brazil.

Coutinho remarked that the desire “to be something more” than just a player is discouraging him from joining one of Europe’s giants.

"Stay here and they will end up building a statue in your honour," Coutinho told ESPN Brasil after Sunday’s win against Middlesbrough.

"Go somewhere else, to Barcelona, to Bayern Munich, to Real Madrid, and you will be just another player. Here you can be something more."

Liverpool also have no desire to sell their star player who helped the side wrap up a top-four finish this season.

The Reds now return to the Champions League after a two-year absence.

“I have a long contract with Liverpool,” Coutinho added. “Speculation is for journalists only.

“We started the season very well, I started well. But then in the middle the performance regressed.

“Then we bounced back, I finished the season at a high level.

“The whole team is playing well, today was a very important victory, next season it’s the Champions League.”

With actual quotes form the player, this seems pretty convincing to me. I think he'll stay at least this year, with the world cup in 2018.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion