KopTalk.com
Posted By: Flames Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 12:29 AM
heard this on the radio and it actually made me laugh. what on earth is he at.

Italian Footballer Antonio Cassano Hopes There are No 'Queers' on the National Team
Italian footballer Antonio Cassano, a Serie A player for Milan and a striker for the national team, has caused controversy in Krakow after being asked about gay players on the Italian team in advance of the Euro 2012, the Guardian reports:

When asked about media reports that there were two metrosexual players and two homosexual players in the Italy squad, the Milan forward said: "What's a metrosexual?" before adding: "Queers in the national team? That's their business. But I hope not."

Earlier this year Cassano's Italy team-mate Antonio Di Natale said that it would be difficult for any player to come out whereas the national team coach, Cesare Prandelli, has been supportive of gay footballers.

Posted By: wakka Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 12:31 AM
Who gives a sh1t wether someone is gay or not,so fcking bored about this subject,why is it even being talked about.
Posted By: Flames Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 12:33 AM
i would imagine the media asked that question knowing their was already a problem with it in the italian team, but youre right, the whole thing is absurd from start to finish, thats why i laughed when i heard it.
Posted By: Armitage Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 12:37 AM
u r perceived gay in italy if u r not 'hanging out the back of' all your neigbours wives every nite, except religious days
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 12:39 AM
I always thought all italians were gay. They kiss another another when they meet up like the french do. Don't trust any of them personally.
Posted By: Flames Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 12:40 AM
gays or italians?
Posted By: van Gogh Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 01:09 AM
Both?
Posted By: LiamH Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 02:18 AM
Feckin Greeks!! They invented gayness!!
Posted By: Shaggydog Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 02:56 AM
Well I'm safe enough I'm too ugly to be gay
Posted By: JACK_87 Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 07:23 AM
didn't think anybody is really bothered these days wether someone is gay or not. but you can understand why you wouldn't want to "come out" if you were a 'queer' footballer. imagine the stick you'd get from fans during matches etc. much safer for them to stay in the closet.

there was a documentary on this subject a while ago on bbc about justin fashanu

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16722196
Posted By: mightyreds Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 07:41 AM
Btw, is drogba gay? I've always thought he is.
Posted By: Armitage Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 11:57 AM
Ooooh anti catholic jibe at the end there kop....get your shillings worth!
Posted By: Shaggydog Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 12:48 PM
Yeah KP involved in religious controversey grin

Posts message telling himself not to be so intolerant.

Replies saying Carheex made him do it. grin

Posted By: cjkent Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 01:23 PM
i knew it was carheex lol
Posted By: Carheex Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 01:51 PM
I blame me, too.
Posted By: cjkent Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 01:53 PM
lol evil man be fearful
Posted By: Carheex Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 01:54 PM
Originally Posted By: TheKopProphet
Some very homophobic comments on here.... and racial stereotyping! There might be Koptalk posters from Greece, Italy and France on this site lads... I know things are said for a laugh but you're flirting with discrimination.

Wakka... I don't understand your attitude. Racism in football gets endless air-time but homophobia has always been swept under the rug. Remember what happened to Fashanu? I don't see why it shouldn't be a topic for discussion... even if it's uncomfortable for some people. That was a stupid thing for Cassano to say... no form of discrimination should be tolerated in the game. What if someone were to be intolerant of all the Catholic players crossing themselves every five minutes?

What's wrong with homophobia? any phobia is classed as an illness so people shouldn't be censored for it, let alone punished. I've heard that pepe reina suffers from arachnophobia - does that make him a bad person? The fear of gays should not be laughed at and these 'homophobes' deserve our support.
Posted By: cjkent Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 02:07 PM
there isnt much of a line between a homophobia and descrimination
Posted By: Armitage Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 02:09 PM
Originally Posted By: CarheeX
Originally Posted By: TheKopProphet
Some very homophobic comments on here.... and racial stereotyping! There might be Koptalk posters from Greece, Italy and France on this site lads... I know things are said for a laugh but you're flirting with discrimination.

Wakka... I don't understand your attitude. Racism in football gets endless air-time but homophobia has always been swept under the rug. Remember what happened to Fashanu? I don't see why it shouldn't be a topic for discussion... even if it's uncomfortable for some people. That was a stupid thing for Cassano to say... no form of discrimination should be tolerated in the game. What if someone were to be intolerant of all the Catholic players crossing themselves every five minutes?

What's wrong with homophobia? any phobia is classed as an illness so people shouldn't be censored for it, let alone punished. I've heard that pepe reina suffers from arachnophobia - does that make him a bad person? The fear of gays should not be laughed at and these 'homophobes' deserve our support.
Yeah agreed with some of that carheex - its an illness should get time off work for it
Posted By: Flames Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 02:27 PM
kp i think everyone is joking on here for this one.

but keep in mind (and this is my attitude) one of the key was to exclude gays, other nationalities, religions etc... is to exclude them from humour. i work in the disabilty sector and staff joke about with the guys the same as everyone else, as long as the guys understand the joke and its respectfully done there is no problem imo. also, one of my closest friends is gay and he slags me for being a breeder as much as i slag him for being gay. no panic.

the world has gotten a little tense.
Posted By: lumba Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 02:53 PM
Anyone fancy a wrestle?
Posted By: Armitage Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 02:56 PM
The announcement of flames is imminent
Posted By: Flames Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 02:58 PM
you wish
Posted By: cjkent Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 03:03 PM
flmaes will come out in colour lol
Posted By: Armitage Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 03:27 PM
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 03:37 PM
Originally Posted By: flames
kp i think everyone is joking on here for this one.

but keep in mind (and this is my attitude) one of the key was to exclude gays, other nationalities, religions etc... is to exclude them from humour. i work in the disabilty sector and staff joke about with the guys the same as everyone else, as long as the guys understand the joke and its respectfully done there is no problem imo. also, one of my closest friends is gay and he slags me for being a breeder as much as i slag him for being gay. no panic.

the world has gotten a little tense.

My thoughts exactly Flames. I recall an incident with a white lad in our office who was winding up / pulling the leg of an Asian lad. Then another pompous white member of staff pulled the white lad up for being racist. Then I pulled up the second white person and said having your leg pulled is part of life excluding the Asian lad from that banter because of the colour of his skin is treating him differently and is in effect racist in itself. I hear some of the hectoring �right on� stuff from Kop Prophet and it makes my skin crawl. We are all equal and that means having the Mickey taken out of you not being treated as like you need shielding all the time. I would hate to think people are treading on eggshells every time they spoke to me that is to my view worse than overt racism or homophobia or whatever
Posted By: Armitage Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 03:55 PM
Exactly stanley, they should have laws against 'abuse of law' or
People who use loopholes in the law to profit at anothers expense, when it is arguable if an offence has occured or not
Posted By: wakka Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 04:11 PM
FFS Flames,look what you have started now,go to your room immediately.
Posted By: drome Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 04:20 PM
cassano's comments are a disgrace. the "i hope not" comment is the clincher in that.
Posted By: Armitage Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 04:25 PM
the UN has been called in, cassonno is looking at a 4 year sentence.
Posted By: drome Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 04:28 PM
well it doesn't have to be drastic. cassano could just stop being such a c**t
Posted By: Armitage Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 04:30 PM

cassanno is not homophobe - PROOF!
think he' may be homo something else tho
Posted By: drome Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 04:32 PM
jose homourinho?
Posted By: cjkent Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 04:53 PM
lol defo
Posted By: Flames Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 05:26 PM
Originally Posted By: wakka
FFS Flames,look what you have started now,go to your room immediately.

thats racist.
Posted By: cjkent Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 05:29 PM
i believe in equal opportunities

I treat everyone equally as bad
Posted By: Flames Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 05:33 PM
lol, i saw a thing on FB the other day that got a chuckle, it said

the reason i swear so much is fck you.
Posted By: cjkent Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 05:45 PM
lol so true
Posted By: Brian Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 06:03 PM
well if we start bring out pink footballs (never mind the pink and purple boots already in fad), then I reserve my right to strike.
Posted By: cjkent Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 06:18 PM
didin't everton have a pink kit
Posted By: LiverbirdLain Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 06:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Brian
well if we start bring out pink footballs (never mind the pink and purple boots already in fad), then I reserve my right to strike.

I think the girly kits etc would be a novel idea, and it may get those macho players used to showing their feminine sides. cool
Posted By: Brian Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 06:47 PM
don't you start now liverbird.
The way most players today thrive on theatrics even if they tripped over their own two (left) feet one can only wonder wher all the macho has gone.
Posted By: cjkent Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 06:51 PM
they could dive in a new way
Posted By: lumba Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 06:53 PM
Originally Posted By: LiverbirdLain

I think the girly kits etc would be a novel idea, and it may get those macho players used to showing their feminine sides. cool
Spot on Lain,real men wear pink.
Posted By: cjkent Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 06:54 PM
i thought is was salmon pink
Posted By: Brian Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 06:57 PM
Originally Posted By: lumba
Originally Posted By: LiverbirdLain

Spot on Lain,real men wear pink.

well Lumba you leave me speechless, mind not to undo that new hairdo and don't get yer nails cracked and dirty.
Posted By: lumba Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 07:01 PM
Don't do hair Brian just pink speedos,wanna wrestle?
Posted By: Brian Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 07:06 PM
watcha gonna do brother
Posted By: cjkent Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 07:09 PM
when brain runs wild on you
Posted By: KuytRobbenGod Re: Cassano v the Gays - 13/06/12 07:11 PM
I would sign Rupaul if she/he could score us 20 goals a season.
© KopTalk Forums