KopTalk.com
Posted By: JP1892 The Haunted House - 16/05/12 01:56 PM
Anfeild is Home to us Reds and its great on european nights and the usual big games. It has an electricity about it and you can almost feel it in the air when its going to be a very special event inside the ground.

I was there in 05 semi-final chelsea. Was there for Juve aswell. I could go on but the point is when its a normal saturday 3pm kick off vs aston villa and the bread and butter is up for grabs, is the atmosphere actually the same and are the players actually puting in the same shift as they would if it was 'A BIG GAME'. In truth there is never a small game for me but the mentality of the players and also some fans has to be questioned.

What i want to know is do we think the past and the constant reminder of the great 70's and 80's has that much of an effect on players that they actually become scared to do wrong and are scared more about what we will say than actually worrying about performing to the best ability week in week out.

I Think Liverpools tradition and heritage is unique to any club around the world and would never have it any other way. Its ne of the reasons i love the love the club so much.
Posted By: Growler Re: The Haunted House - 16/05/12 02:02 PM
Why am I feeling so suspicious? eek

No such thing as a free lunch. eek

If it's too good to be true, then it usually is. eek
Posted By: JP1892 Re: The Haunted House - 16/05/12 02:08 PM
Just an opinion
Posted By: Carheex Re: The Haunted House - 16/05/12 02:15 PM
No, I don't think so. The majority of our current players have joined an underperforming team so the expectation is lower - the knock on effect of this is that they aren't raising their game to keep up with the top performers because there aren't any. Besides, when they are on the pitch with the ball at their feet, the last thing they will be thinking of is the legendary defensive record of the '78/79 season or alan hansen captaining the side to another league title. And another thing, we've got a relatively small ground in this day & age for such a big club so they shouldn't be feeling 'big-crowd' pressure.
The answer is far more simple - we don't have very good players, coaches or manager.
Posted By: heggypompom Re: The Haunted House - 16/05/12 02:17 PM
I do believe with better a manager and coaches a lot more could be got from certain players.
Posted By: Growler Re: The Haunted House - 16/05/12 02:21 PM
Originally Posted By: heggypompom
I do believe with better a manager and coaches a lot more could be got from certain players.

Here we go.
I knew ir wouldn't last. eek
Posted By: Growler Re: The Haunted House - 16/05/12 02:22 PM
Originally Posted By: JP1892
Just an opinion

Good try matey. Keep it up. wink
Posted By: JP1892 Re: The Haunted House - 16/05/12 02:38 PM
is that it. Bye
Posted By: Zombie Re: The Haunted House - 16/05/12 02:42 PM
Hi there, new member here but have always read the forum, thought I'd chime in here. Think you could be on to something, we have no problem rising to the big occasions normally, doing over City, Chelsea, United, European teams etc is nothing new for us, but we can't pick up the points against Wigan, Swansea, QPR even when 2 up with less than ten minutes to go. What's worse is that we lose those, literally don't turn up but win the games where we could be forgiven for losing or drawing as long as we put a shift in. It's a sad state of affairs when I worry about looking at text updates throughout the day when I can't catch a game live.
Posted By: JP1892 Re: The Haunted House - 16/05/12 02:49 PM
Hey bud yea new on here too.

Agreed on the consestant part. It is like pulling teeth at times and probably why we are always scared to look at the updates during the so called should win matches. I am at the point where i expect to not win 2 games in a row, even if some perforemances deserve it. EG ARSENAL at home when we lost, but then again we didnt exactly play well agaist cardiff in final.

We need to put two or three runs together during the course of a season to challenge the top teams and we only really had a good run at the start of the campaign. We normally finish strong but not this season.

As for the manager being the one to blame i dont agree. I think its equal with players. Quite often after kennys clearly had a go at them during half time the perforemance has picked up.
Posted By: Juss Re: The Haunted House - 17/05/12 10:30 AM
i can't comment on the fan-side and atmosphere part of this post, but as far as our performances and having a good run of two or three games...it makes me want bang my head against a wall. for instance, we lost to Chelsea in the FA Cup final, turn around and stomp (granted, the Chelsea side we faced in the FA Cup final was definitely not the same side in the 4-1 beating, but regardless) them 4-1 and then lose 1-0 to Swansea. It is so frustrating for me. This season, i never looked at ANY game as a for sure win, even though i feel that many of them should've been.
© KopTalk Forums