KopTalk.com
It's just gone into the 75th minute or so at Anfield and Odemwingie has just put West Brom 1-0 up after another toothless Anfield display.

Simple question. What is your reaction when you find out: Is it:

A) You still feel shocked when we are about to lose another home game?

B) You laugh because the situation is so incredulous at how bad we really have become.

C) Anger (In some form for whatever reason)?

D) Another - Please specify!

Personally, I just laughed. Not because I don't care. It hurts. It's just so ridiculous I can't believe what we have become. Level on points with Fulham after 35 games.

Complete shocker of a season and I don't care if we'd won the Champs League this season, I still feel devestated by this season.

YNWA
I kind of laugh too. I don't really think itmatters now this season but if we don't buy someone who can [oops] score in the summer someone needs to be shot.
B cause It's happened to often it's not a shock and cause we don't have the players to change our fortune it's going to stay like this till we sign new players in the summer.
this is what king kenny has brought us
right now i fel anger.i can not believe whats going on this season.in my head i am screaming"WILL SOMEBODY PUT THE [oops] BALL IN THE NET!"i also cant believe that the owners have allowed Kenny to carry in in charge.
B) time for a clearout
I was raging!! After they scored we gave up!!
Originally Posted By: Bohey1
It's just gone into the 75th minute or so at Anfield and Odemwingie has just put West Brom 1-0 up after another toothless Anfield display.

B) You laugh because the situation is so incredulous at how bad we really have become.

Personally, I just laughed. Not because I don't care. It hurts. It's just so ridiculous I can't believe what we have become. Level on points with Fulham after 35 games.

Complete shocker of a season and I don't care if we'd won the Champs League this season, I still feel devestated by this season.

YNWA

A,B,C

Angry and upset we are going to lose at home again, but then I realize how ridiculous this season is and I cant help but laugh knowing how different our squad is going to look next year and that we can only get better...I hope...
B) because it happens so often , so used to losing now ,i just accept it now we are a mid table team , and this is how all mid table teams fans feel when they lose , they just accept it
im at the same point i was at when we were under Roy. i have to think about watching the match. I'm sick and tired of false dawn after false dawn.

B, by the way but i dont exactly laugh...
i get angry first because i just cannot handle it, tomorrow i will laugh about it, by wednesday ill be thinking that things can only get better.... this is what my weeks are like most weeks. F.A Cup is so important now its unreal. Need to win it big time
D - I expected us to lose so much so that I actually put us to lose on my accumulator, only problem was I lost my accumulator because United couldn't beat Everton lol
i laugh now. i expected to lose, thats how bad it has become!

The amount of chances we didnt take today is a joke. It is not bad luck anymore!
That's scary! LOL.
We battered West Brom. A much better performance than I was expecting. Yes we lost 0-1. But if you watch the highlights you will see that there really wasn't much wrong in this game and that we should have been out of sight before the goal. Seriously. LFC fans need to start recognising a good performance when they see one and not just annihilate the manager because of the poor result. Trust me we have had plenty of poor performances this season and this WAS NOT one of them.
Originally Posted By: TheKopProphet
Why clearout? Team is dominating, creating loads of chances, needs bolstering in key areas. We lack a lethal finisher and a playmaker. A speedy winger wouldn't go amiss either. Gutting the team would set us back seasons... just strengthen where we need it.

you are so right

just strengthen were we need it

TAXI FOR DALGLISH THEN
good performance maybe, but west brom walk away with 3 points, after playing absolute sh*te!
Originally Posted By: kubrick
We battered West Brom. A much better performance than I was expecting. Yes we lost 0-1. But if you watch the highlights you will see that there really wasn't much wrong in this game and that we should have been out of sight before the goal. Seriously. LFC fans need to start recognising a good performance when they see one and not just annihilate the manager because of the poor result. Trust me we have had plenty of poor performances this season and this WAS NOT one of them.

For me Kubrick its all about results, especially against West Brom. I hate saying this, look at Man Utd over the years, they won plenty of league matches against poorer sides with scrappy performances, vital wins. Its these matches that Liverpool need to be winning in order to be getting into any type of winning form at all. Especially coming up to an F.A Cup final
I think Kop you need to add a new manager as well to organise and instill in players the need to keep going until the whistle blows
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Question - With every mounting LFC embarrassment do you..... - 22/04/12 10:22 PM
Look at all the letters in the alphabet, translate them into French and then translate them into Spanish then translate that into Arabic and then you will understand how I feel after every match.
Gone past getting angry or upset now, we are p*ss poor and even have the toffs laughing at us, they are actualy worried in case Dalglish loses his job thats how embarrassing it has become.
it will end one day I promise:)
That was brutal. But when you're done crying, there's nothing much else to do but laugh. It was pretty comical at one point - balls ricocheting off posts, crossbars, players' *rses, Ben Foster's left bollock - we couldn't score in a wh*re house today.

But it's not just today, is it? Even at home, against a mid-table team, I almost expected us to botch that game. It really is like it was under Roy at this point. I no longer have any confidence in this team to get a result. And I'm sure other clubs feel the same way. We're no longer a "scalp." Teams come to Anfield thinking they can put one over on us. If that's not the beginning of the end, I don't know what is.
keep the faith, kenny interview today where he looked hopeless when shelling out his reason for the lack of goals.
Hopefully fsg are watching and see how inept this management team is.
Thanks but no thanks.

Kenny should be used to attract the worlds best youngsters to anfield.
B

I laugh more at Kennys interviews now though, you just have to laugh as I'm past the anger and depression stage.

Come on JW put us out of our misery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted By: Bohey1

YNWA
A,B and C.
i just laughed, i wrote the ending to the game by halftime, i expected west ham to score on one attack then we were back in the passenger seat, ive witness this all season. im not angry yet, the anger will come out if kenny is there next season or if hes there and the same players are. either way something needs to be done, i have absolutely no expectation of lfc at this point, if they show up and play thats a plus. the only real interest i have in watching the matches is to see what suarez might do next and if sterling will get to play.
seriously I could not agree more with you.
this has been on my mind for a while, just thought id post it here, felt it had some significance. its from Dunks thread about one years free access to the members site.

"Once you have a post count of 5000 posts or more you're in! Even if you haven't registered yet, you're not going to miss out. Register today and away you go. Over time your post count will increase. Obviously some people will try and boost their post count simply by spamming the forums with brief responses. When you apply for your free sub, we will check your posts history and providing you've interacted sensibly and encouraged debate then you'll qualify."
When I checked yesterday's score and saw we had LOST at HOME to WEST BROM, I thought, "oh well, what's for dinner". And that was about it. I expected us to lose and I have become so used to seeing us lose that it didn't really seem to matter anymore. I know a LOT of fans feel exactly the same. THAT is what kenny has reduced the club to. How can a man keep his job and/or be defended when he is managing Liverpool, spends �100m+ yet the fans AREN'T SURPRISED when we lose to west brom, wigan, qpr, bolton, fulham, stoke....

I've just seen an interview this morning and he's banging the drum about 'answering an SOS call from the new owners'.......an SOS response usually helps a situation - it isn't supposed to make things worse!! Besides, being offered a job which you previously failed an interview for is hardly an 'SOS call' - maybe Hicks&Gillet got one thing right at least.
I was at the match my thoughts were I am hungry what shall I have for my Tea? The crowd was completely in silence throughout the game and advertising keep flashing up on the boards 85% discount on LFC merchandise. The americans I think were there and it must have been a depressing specticle for them. I looked up at one stage and saw the team were one nil down and then I carried on looking at the floor glanced at my watch and thought I wish I was somewhere else. The ref eventally put me out of my misery. I could not care two hoots what the result was and by the look of fans coming out of the game neither did anyone else.
most fans feel this way IMO
Originally Posted By: Stanley Park
I was at the match my thoughts were I am hungry what shall I have for my Tea? The crowd was completely in silence throughout the game and advertising keep flashing up on the boards 85% discount on LFC merchandise. The americans I think were there and it must have been a depressing specticle for them. I looked up at one stage and saw the team were one nil down and then I carried on looking at the floor glanced at my watch and thought I wish I was somewhere else. The ref eventally put me out of my misery. I could not care two hoots what the result was and by the look of fans coming out of the game neither did anyone else.

What's that got to do with anything, and why would that be depressing for them? Our contract with Adidas is up in a couple of months before the Warrior deal kicks in. We're near the end of April, of course they're gonna try get rid of as much Adidas stock before they can't sell it anymore. Why is even relevant?
I think what is getting to most fans is that it's not even a suprise that we could lose to someone like West Brom at Anfield. Teams come to Anfield, play their own game and are very confident they can get a result! The same teams go to Old Trafford and are beaten before the game starts, there is no fear factor of Liverpool anymore and that is what gets to me the most!

Anfield in my memory has pretty much been a fortress, the odd defeat here and there but in the last few years it seems as its more of a burden on the players, they don't seem to relish playing in front of the Kop! Perhaps its because a fair few of the squad are way out of their depth...
Originally Posted By: Chris2402
I think what is getting to most fans is that it's not even a suprise that we could lose to someone like West Brom at Anfield. Teams come to Anfield, play their own game and are very confident they can get a result! The same teams go to Old Trafford and are beaten before the game starts, there is no fear factor of Liverpool anymore and that is what gets to me the most!

Anfield in my memory has pretty much been a fortress, the odd defeat here and there but in the last few years it seems as its more of a burden on the players, they don't seem to relish playing in front of the Kop! Perhaps its because a fair few of the squad are way out of their depth...

Let's be clear - we dominated the West Brom game. They scored out of the blue from a defensive f*ck-up by GJ. Still no idea how we managed to NOT score. It's becoming quite a talent at Anfield! That aside, I agree with everything else you've said. The home results (note: 'results', not always necessarily 'form') have been nothing short of a disgrace.

In fairness a few of the performances at Anfield have been good and deserved more but at the end of the day why can other clubs grind out results when playing poorly and we can't do it when we play well?

Unfortunately football is a results business, good performances are always nice but they don't get you any points!

With regards to West Brom, didn't you just know after we had hit the woodwork again that they were going to score? It was almost inevitable!

In fairness a few of the performances at Anfield have been good and deserved more but at the end of the day why can other clubs grind out results when playing poorly and we can't do it when we play well?

Unfortunately football is a results business, good performances are always nice but they don't get you any points!

With regards to West Brom, didn't you just know after we had hit the woodwork again that they were going to score? It was almost inevitable!

It's got to the stage that if we go into the half time break without scoring, I KNOW we're not going to win. I think it's become a mental block with the players at this stage, which is hardly surprising given how many times it's happened this season, starting with the first home game where we drew with Sunderland.
Originally Posted By: BarLennon

Let's be clear - we dominated the West Brom game. They scored out of the blue from a defensive f*ck-up by GJ. Still no idea how we managed to NOT score. It's becoming quite a talent at Anfield! That aside, I agree with everything else you've said. The home results (note: 'results', not always necessarily 'form') have been nothing short of a disgrace.

"Domination" is over rated, almost irrelevant. Our results depend on what we do with the ball rather than how long we can keep it. Ken's team just don't have the killer instinct, the necessary ruthlessness, the resiliency, the composure, the determination, the speed, the mental strength etc etc - You name it, they lack it!
Originally Posted By: CarheeX
Originally Posted By: BarLennon

"Domination" is over rated, almost irrelevant. Our results depend on what we do with the ball rather than how long we can keep it. Ken's team just don't have the killer instinct, the necessary ruthlessness, the resiliency, the composure, the determination, the speed, the mental strength etc etc - You name it, they lack it!

It's certainly not irrelevant. If we dominate a game, it increases our chances or winning a game than a game where we get dominated. Unfortunately for us this season, dominating a game doesn't go any way towards ensuring that we win a game. As for the attributes you listed, killer instinct, necessary ruthlessness (although, pretty much the same as killer instinct), composure, mental strength - I agree with fully. I don't necessarily agree with the determination and the speed though, particularly determination. The thing that splits my mind the most at the moment is that I do see determination in the team. They're working really hard and really trying. They're creating chances, but just not getting the finishing right. It's very troubling.
I guess it depends on your definition of 'domination'. I tend to see it has possession, however my argument is that many successful teams base their style around counter attacking and quite often have less possession and appear to be dominated. Dominating is pointless and a waste of energy unless you have the ruthelss strikers to finish the job.
What I am trying to say is that dominating a game isn't necessarily a good thing or even a yardstick to show how we are doing.
I guess it depends on your definition of 'domination'. I tend to see it has possession, however my argument is that many successful teams base their style around counter attacking and quite often have less possession and appear to be dominated. Dominating is pointless and a waste of energy unless you have the ruthelss strikers to finish the job.
What I am trying to say is that dominating a game isn't necessarily a good thing or even a yardstick to show how we are doing.

Yeah, you're correct. I agree, in fact I remember under GH we had practically mastered the art of counter-attacking. We used to do a lot better away from home than at home, because teams would come to Anfield and park the bus, and it was like we didn't know how to break them down without counter attacking.

The West Brom game was similar to a lot of home games against the lower teams this season - they come to Anfield, sit back, we barrage them, and most of the game is played in their half, but our finishing is so bad that we fail to make the breakthrough. In all my life I've never seen worse finishing from a Liverpool team throughout the course of a whole season, yet I've seen much worse teams and much worse football many times.
As much as I found Houllier's reign largely unenjoyable, it was good to see Owen breaking forward at pace time after time, after we'd absorbed so much pressure. The arsenal cup final obviously springs to mind as a text book example. It goes to show you can play well without the ball.
He's playing well without the ball at Man Ure right now!
grin
As much as I found Houllier's reign largely unenjoyable, it was good to see Owen breaking forward at pace time after time, after we'd absorbed so much pressure. The arsenal cup final obviously springs to mind as a text book example. It goes to show you can play well without the ball.

Other than right at the end I loved Houiller's reign anyone who signs Sami Hypia is alright by me. Although on wikapedia it says he was spotted by a TV camerman. Well I never. I also enjoyed Rafa's reign again except at the end of days. Happy days where did it all go wrong?

Other than right at the end I loved Houiller's reign anyone who signs Sami Hypia is alright by me. Although on wikapedia it says he was spotted by a TV camerman. Well I never. I also enjoyed Rafa's reign again except at the end of days. Happy days where did it all go wrong?

Both GH & Rafa had one year in their 6 years each where they finished runners up. Both years we finished with points tallies that would quite often win the league. We finished runners up to an outstanding Arsenal team under GH and under Rafa we finished on 86 points to a Man Ure team with 90 points. I'll never know how they won the league that season and we didn't. I think the difference maker was the experience of being in that position and the mental strength to go with it. They got a ridiculous amount of good fortune/bad refereeing decisions going in their favour though. It was downhill all the way for us from that blow. Until Kenny took over and stopped the rot, that is!
Bari apologies but as you know I don't think Kenny has stopped the rot far from it. It all seemed to go wrong when Rafa came up with that mad rant about Ferguson and facts. Then he lost the plot and we have never recovered. Both Hodgson and the out of retirement Dalglish should never have been let within a million miles of the Liverpool job.
Bari apologies but as you know I don't think Kenny has stopped the rot far from it. It all seemed to go wrong when Rafa came up with that mad rant about Ferguson and facts. Then he lost the plot and we have never recovered. Both Hodgson and the out of retirement Dalglish should never have been let within a million miles of the Liverpool job.

Ha, I know your feelings on Kenny. I was quite specific about my wording. He has stopped the rot. We haven't gone downhill worse since Roy's reign end and his began. If there was an overall chart on our progress, it was constantly going downhill from Rafa's final season until Kenny took over. He immediately brought us steeply uphill last season, and we've come back downhill this season from the standards which he opened up with with the beginning of his reign in January, but we still haven't sunk to the depths that Roy had us drowning in. We may not have progressed much under Kenny in your opinion, but we certainly aren't worse off than we were when he took over, would you not agree?
Its improved from the position Roy had us in yes but thats not saying much is it? A better comparison would be Rafa's time in the sense it was pretty much standard we qualified for the champions league its now a distant aspiration.
Its improved from the position Roy had us in yes but thats not saying much is it? A better comparison would be Rafa's time in the sense it was pretty much standard we qualified for the champions league its now a distant aspiration.

It may not be saying much, no, but he did stop the rot. Which my point, and my only point. That doesn't come with any proclamations of Kenny being the messiah and that he's brought us to a whole new level that I never knew existed, because it clearly isn't true. You have to see the difference without pigeon-holing people. There's too much 'dividing' going on here between fans.

Rafa did have us qualifying for the CL every season, yes, and I've always been a fan of Rafa (although I did agree that he had to go by the end of his reign) but it's a fair enough comment to point out that he didn't have a Sheik-driving Manchester City to compete with, nor did he have a strong Spurs team to deal with - infact, as soon as Spurs built a decent team, they finished ahead of us (in Rafa's final season). Aside from that, in his first season, Everton finished ahead of us to get 4th spot.
© KopTalk Forums