KopTalk.com
Posted By: BARTON42 Harvey Elliot: New 5 year contract. - 11/08/22 04:40 PM

I know Harvey Elliot has his doubters on here but that new 5 year contract they have just given him seems to be a massive vote of confidence by Klopp.

Will be interesting to see if he steps up to the plate while Thiago is out injured.
Posted By: Pickles Re: Harvey Elliot: New 5 year contract. - 11/08/22 08:31 PM
Don't worry about pickle-brain, this is a great move.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Harvey Elliot: New 5 year contract. - 12/08/22 05:15 PM
This could be his season or it might not
Posted By: Pickles Re: Harvey Elliot: New 5 year contract. - 13/08/22 03:04 AM
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
Don't worry about pickle-brain, this is a great move.

I have to say I was a little surprised as I haven't seen many performances that scream first eleven quality. I'll reserve judgement until he gets a few more games in this season, maybe he'll get better as he has more experience under his belt.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Harvey Elliot: New 5 year contract. - 13/08/22 07:02 PM
Originally Posted By AngryAsianRed
I have to say I was a little surprised as I haven't seen many performances that scream first eleven quality. I'll reserve judgement until he gets a few more games in this season, maybe he'll get better as he has more experience under his belt.

I agree but remember he�s only 19
Posted By: Pickles Re: Harvey Elliot: New 5 year contract. - 13/08/22 10:20 PM
19 year old top players, are normally shining bright in the teams they play for.

Michael Owen was a top player at 17 made England's World Cup squad at age of 18 in 98. Owen was Liverpool's leading goalscorer every season from age 17 thru to age 25 (1997 to 2004 seasons).

I've seen diddly squat from Elliott to say he's going to be a top player for Liverpool.
Originally Posted By Pickles
19 year old top players, are normally shining bright in the teams they play for.

Michael Owen was a top player at 17 made England's World Cup squad at age of 18 in 98. Owen was Liverpool's leading goalscorer every season from age 17 thru to age 25 (1997 to 2004 seasons).

I've seen diddly squat from Elliott to say he's going to be a top player for Liverpool.

Indeed, not only Owen, but Gerrard or even Foden and Haaland more recently. That said, not all players are the same, Salah was probably as Eliott at the same age, lots of promise but was moved from Chelsea (he was probably older). I don't understand why Klopp rates Eliott that much, maybe he is very good in training
Posted By: BARTON42 Re: Harvey Elliot: New 5 year contract. - 14/08/22 10:25 AM

Will be interesting to see if he starts Elliot ahead of Keita.
Posted By: Oli Re: Harvey Elliot: New 5 year contract. - 15/08/22 10:09 AM
This new deal business is strange as didn�t Elliot sign a new deal last year also.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Harvey Elliot: New 5 year contract. - 15/08/22 10:22 AM
He has been through allot with a bad injury, so it is a good sign of the clubs belief in him, also, if he is likely to play allot more and become a first team regular this season, his demands will probably be much higher after a season of that, so probably good business we have signed him on lesser terms now compared to a first team regular.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Harvey Elliot: New 5 year contract. - 16/08/22 03:21 AM
Thought he played well against palace
Credit to the lad, he was the best player in that first half. Only one who showed any urgency both in and out of possession
© KopTalk Forums