The Manchester City FFP saga continues

Posted by: Stanley Park

The Manchester City FFP saga continues - 25/07/21 12:44 PM

Major four page article in the mail on Sunday today too detailed you need to read

But in summary

Manchester City still refusing to release documents and have a battery of the best legal brains in Britain trying to stop publication one chap lord pannick earns £20k a day for his services and mr pannick backed by 5 other qc,s city clearly something to hide.

It is also revealed city earned £600k more than liverpool in sponsors despite being nothing like our brand and fan base.

Itís complex but does not smell right to me and we await events

Re: The Manchester City FFP saga continues - 25/07/21 12:45 PM

City also highest wage bill in football history and of course we know about their transfers where and how is that funded ?

Re: The Manchester City FFP saga continues - 25/07/21 12:52 PM

Just google mail on Sunday Manchester City
Posted by: Pickles

Re: The Manchester City FFP saga continues - 30/07/21 11:13 PM

Man City are now taking the p*ss...

£100 million offer for Grealish

Probably £150 million for Kane

Chelsea also spun..king money, left, right and center.

Our aspirations are getting far fetched...you can't compete with that level of spending, when there seems nobody in the authorities are willing to level the playing field.
Posted by: TheMightyLFC

Re: The Manchester City FFP saga continues - 31/07/21 06:10 AM

It's all relative I guess. Teams further down the leagues might say the same about us. Whether it's our level of spending or City's makes no difference as they can't compete with either of them.

So the question is, what is our gripe? Is it that there should be a level playing field in terms of wages and transfer budgets? If so, how do we achieve that?

Or are we saying that there should be a level playing field on the business side? i.e. you can only earn revenue through certain means, spend only so much on wages etc.? If that's what we're suggesting then my question would be why? This is a football competition not a business competition, no?
Posted by: paul66

Re: The Manchester City FFP saga continues - 31/07/21 08:08 AM

Originally Posted By Pickles

Our aspirations are getting far fetched...you can't compete with that level of spending, when there seems nobody in the authorities are willing to level the playing field.

Taking the [oops] is exactly what it is. We can complain about our owners, but you can't compete against that. City will dominate the league for years

Re: The Manchester City FFP saga continues - 31/07/21 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
It's all relative I guess. Teams further down the leagues might say the same about us. Whether it's our level of spending or City's makes no difference as they can't compete with either of them.

So the question is, what is our gripe? Is it that there should be a level playing field in terms of wages and transfer budgets? If so, how do we achieve that?

Or are we saying that there should be a level playing field on the business side? i.e. you can only earn revenue through certain means, spend only so much on wages etc.? If that's what we're suggesting then my question would be why? This is a football competition not a business competition, no?

I expect them to comply with the law and I expect them to release the documents the FA have requested not spend millions on lawyers preventing what any other organisation would do as a matter of course. I donít believe thatís a controversial request.

Re: The Manchester City FFP saga continues - 01/08/21 06:05 AM

Originally Posted By Stanley Park
I expect them to comply with the law and I expect them to release the documents the FA have requested not spend millions on lawyers preventing what any other organisation would do as a matter of course. I donít believe thatís a controversial request.

I agree partially in that we expect them to comply with the law. Spending money on lawyers to try and avoid it isn't illegal though and is their right. However, the FA should keep it in mind if/when a punishment is handed out.

Re: The Manchester City FFP saga continues - 01/08/21 10:34 PM

I think given the massive and expensive legal battle the FA has undertaken over several years if upon releasing the documents city are found to have done wrong the FA will throw the book at them I am sure

Re: The Manchester City FFP saga continues - 02/08/21 08:02 PM

Strange thing is that despite Covid and the lost revenues and uncertainties that have come with it, Chelsea and the two Manchester clubs have spent huge sums. And all without needing to sell anyone. On the other hand, we only spent huge using the money from the Coutinho sale and otherwise seem to have to sell 5 players to buy 2.
Posted by: Snakeye

Re: The Manchester City FFP saga continues - 02/08/21 11:01 PM

Strange thing is that despite Covid and the lost revenues and uncertainties that have come with it, Chelsea and the two Manchester clubs have spent huge sums. And all without needing to sell anyone. On the other hand, we only spent huge using the money from the Coutinho sale and otherwise seem to have to sell 5 players to buy 2.

Chelsea sold Hazard, Morata and Luiz for 180m. They may sell Abraham for 50m aswell so they balanced their books. Utd earn more sponsorship money than us so they can spend more. City sponsors come from the prince of uae and his siblings who pretty much own the club so its obviously inflated. We sold 3 players for 30m and purchased 1 for 36m. So in reality every club is following ffp just using different methods.
Posted by: EnergisedReds

Re: The Manchester City FFP saga continues - 04/08/21 05:53 AM

Originally Posted By Snakeye

Chelsea sold Hazard, Morata and Luiz for 180m. They may sell Abraham for 50m aswell so they balanced their books. Utd earn more sponsorship money than us so they can spend more. City sponsors come from the prince of uae and his siblings who pretty much own the club so its obviously inflated. We sold 3 players for 30m and purchased 1 for 36m. So in reality every club is following ffp just using different methods.

Indeed, all clubs have to find a way to follow FFP rules though they have been relaxed in the Covid seasons, I think Chelsea is taking advantage of that to buy players though and I can't see Abraham going for 50m

Re: The Manchester City FFP saga continues - 04/08/21 02:29 PM

Either FFP is the rules or its not. If it is it must be enforceable and the FA are entitled to see the relevant documentation.

Manchester City are withholding evidence that is the point of the thread not who can afford what
Posted by: EnergisedReds

Re: The Manchester City FFP saga continues - 04/08/21 04:17 PM

Either FFP is the rules or its not. If it is it must be enforceable and the FA are entitled to see the relevant documentation.

Manchester City are withholding evidence that is the point of the thread not who can afford what

If they ate entitled to the relevant documentation, then it shouldn't be difficult to enforce, no? That said, FFP is more a UEFA thing, not really FA, I am not too sure. For info, City are going for Grealish for 100m and then apparently for Kane, maybe for even more. So don't know where FFP fits in
Posted by: kernowred

Re: The Manchester City FFP saga continues - 04/08/21 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By Pickles

And didn't city have losses of £120M last season?add that to the £250m they could be spending on 2 players.Football is a joke tbh.

Re: The Manchester City FFP saga continues - 05/08/21 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

If they ate entitled to the relevant documentation, then it shouldn't be difficult to enforce, no? That said, FFP is more a UEFA thing, not really FA, I am not too sure. For info, City are going for Grealish for 100m and then apparently for Kane, maybe for even more. So don't know where FFP fits in

Thatís the point it is difficult to enforce with city employing a battery of lawyers to prevent release and appealing against judges decision worth reading the article