KopTalk.com
Posted By: Welsh_Wizard Lets talk about FSG. - 19/04/21 06:27 PM
So how many people are willing to defend our greedy, cowardly owners then?

All along on here I have criticized them for not supporting the manager and our club and I have been roundly condemned for it on here.

I said all along they were just Hicks and Gillet with better PR and Linda as attractive figure head.

And you were all conned.

So many times everyone defended them, they are acting in the best interests of the club by not putting us into debt etc etc

How all our success was down to FSG etc etc

ROllocks we lucked out with Klopp.

I think now, with the statement by a Man Utd director on our official LFC page instead of anything from Henry or Werner tells you all you need to know.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Lets talk about FSG. - 19/04/21 07:26 PM
I will take up the challenge smile

I have always thought FSG were good owners, they took us over from H&G who ran us into the ground and nearly into Administration, they helped build a great team, brought in a great manager, gave us a PL & CL, playing great football, improved Anfield, we were ran on a sensible business model.

I do not like the ESL, I do not like closed nature/no qualification/relegation protectionism of it, but if if you was in FSG position, you are better in the ESL that out of it, they need to protect the clubs/their interests.

If we were not in the ESL, we would lose our best players as they would want to play in the ESL, we would not be able to afford/attract the best players, both in transfer fee's & wages, the money in the ESL is huge, we cannot compete with the ESL clubs without being in it.

Hopefully there will be some sort of sensible compromise deal will be done.
Posted By: Welsh_Wizard Re: Lets talk about FSG. - 19/04/21 07:45 PM
They haven't run the club sensibly.
They have run the club to maximize the money they make from it.

And they do that by not investing in the team.

They didn't even have the courtesy to tell Klopp about the plans and have let Klopp face the media tonight while they remain silent cowards.

Appalling and cowardly.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Lets talk about FSG. - 19/04/21 08:13 PM
Originally Posted By Welsh_Wizard
They haven't run the club sensibly.
They have run the club to maximize the money they make from it.

And they do that by not investing in the team.

They didn't even have the courtesy to tell Klopp about the plans and have let Klopp face the media tonight while they remain silent cowards.

Appalling and cowardly.

They are not the Glazers, they do not take any money from the club, what comes in the club gets, they will make money when they sell us as the value has increased, but they took the chance and bought a distressed asset in 2010, losing its best players at the time (Mascherano/Alonso etc) and had a crap manager, one of the worse Liverpool teams I remember, there was not a big line of potential buyers.

The fact that Klopp spoke was just chance he was the first manager on TV since the announcement, he said what he thought and that's fine, it's Klopp's choice, he could have no commented it as it was not related to the game tonight directly.
Posted By: Welsh_Wizard Re: Lets talk about FSG. - 20/04/21 08:47 AM
How do you know they do not take money from the club/
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Lets talk about FSG. - 20/04/21 11:22 AM

Because the clubs finances are published, I am no account, but allot of people have checked these accounts and FSG do not take dividends/payments, unlike the Glazers at Man Utd.

Interesting article here on the clubs finances:

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/09/0...ad-reveals-all/
Posted By: jim_beam Re: Lets talk about FSG. - 20/04/21 01:46 PM
I think up to now they have been ok. Ups and downs but ulitmately they have overseen one of our best ever teams (yes I know ultimately it's down to Klopp) I think what they have done with the stadium has been good.

Can't agree with them on this at all and I think unfortunately this will completely tarnish and good they have done. Even if it doesn't go through how can we trust they won't go down this kind of brinkmanship route again?
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Lets talk about FSG. - 20/04/21 07:00 PM
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

Because the clubs finances are published, I am no account, but allot of people have checked these accounts and FSG do not take dividends/payments, unlike the Glazers at Man Utd.

Interesting article here on the clubs finances:

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/09/0...ad-reveals-all/

Yes they haven't taken money out but they are already forking out the money they put in the club...as loans
© KopTalk Forums