KopTalk.com
Posted By: Metz Moyes statement! - 31/12/19 12:38 PM
"That's what I do - win" really!! Didn't do enough winning at his previous 3 clubs, what do you make of the statement?

I reckon he's deluded, if he was a serial winner he would still be at Man U

Interview here BBC Sport
Posted By: TheMightyLFC Re: Moyes statement! - 31/12/19 01:05 PM
Yes, very strange and a little embarrassing. He didn't need to say anything really. He seems a decent bloke and for the job he's taken on he seems a good candidate plus he was always going to get the backing of the pro British manager brigade in the media. But to big up his win record was bizarre.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Moyes statement! - 31/12/19 01:45 PM
Silly thing to say, but I think it's all about showing your confidence and belief, most managers say things to the press that we know are rubbish.

He's a decent manager, he won't last at West Ham as they think they should be doing better and he will deliver mid-table safety, the problem is allot of clubs now believe they should be doing much better now than they historically have.
Posted By: AccaBoosty Re: Moyes statement! - 31/12/19 02:44 PM
He has to say big things. At the moment success will be staying up. If they go down there are half a dozen players who will want to be away and will go relatively cheaply. Moyes has been useless since leaving Everton. He is only there because he saved them before but I have a feeling they are going down.

Looking around there are probably 3 sides worse than them in the PL but there are too many players on big wages not pulling their weight and he left Sunderland in a right mess that they still haven't recovered from.
Posted By: Snakeye Re: Moyes statement! - 31/12/19 09:21 PM
My biggest gripe is when they re hired him, they did all the photos and shirt holding photos again, he was there not to long ago, why do they have to do that again? They are in a relegation fight, just get in there and start working, cancel the silly stuff jesus.
Posted By: TheMightyLFC Re: Moyes statement! - 31/12/19 09:30 PM
Originally Posted By Snakeye
My biggest gripe is when they re hired him, they did all the photos and shirt holding photos again, he was there not to long ago, why do they have to do that again? They are in a relegation fight, just get in there and start working, cancel the silly stuff jesus.

Or just re-use the photos from last time whistle
Posted By: Pickles Re: Moyes statement! - 01/01/20 08:58 AM
Should be fun, I've missed a good football comedy since Mike Bassett!
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Moyes statement! - 02/01/20 04:44 AM
Originally Posted By Metz
"That's what I do - win" really!! Didn't do enough winning at his previous 3 clubs, what do you make of the statement?

I reckon he's deluded, if he was a serial winner he would still be at Man U

Interview here BBC Sport

I think it was a message to the club, he didn't take the sacking well and rightly so when he saved them from relegation
Posted By: RedJohn Re: Moyes statement! - 02/01/20 11:23 AM
So far so good for the chosen one.
Posted By: AccaBoosty Re: Moyes statement! - 02/01/20 05:57 PM
Originally Posted By RedJohn
So far so good for the chosen one.

To be fair that was against the team who along with Norwich have had by far the worst luck with injuries all season. And look where they both are.
© KopTalk Forums