KopTalk.com
Posted By: Stanley Park 11 points clear of city feeling safe ? - 03/12/19 09:34 PM
I am certainly not it's not over by a long way.
Anything could still happen. We could even get Corbyn as PM whistle
Brexit might happen too?
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Brexit might happen too?

Not if our political class has anything to do with it
Vote labour.
Posted By: RedJohn Re: 11 points clear of city feeling safe ? - 04/12/19 08:30 AM
I'd feel a lot safer if the gap is the same in January.

City played well last night but Burnley were really poor. They seem to have lost a bit of their intensity in pressing. If we can keep the gap to mid-Jan, they might turn their focus to the CL.

I hope we win every gmae in December by a fluky last minute goal, just to p*ss everyone off :-)
Posted By: Snakeye Re: 11 points clear of city feeling safe ? - 04/12/19 08:43 AM
Tbh I'm worried about Leicester at the moment because if we drop points and they win it's back to 5 or 6 points, I don't see any fans or media giving them credit despite being 2nd. Hopefully it goes our way and move further from the chasing pack.
no not yet. i feel there is just too many points still to play for and im not sure about our sqaud if a few of our main players get injured for a long time
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Tbh I'm worried about Leicester at the moment because if we drop points and they win it's back to 5 or 6 points, I don't see any fans or media giving them credit despite being 2nd. Hopefully it goes our way and move further from the chasing pack.

Yep. Shouldn�t take our eyes of them either. They�re playing well too and have consistently. Who knows wether they�ll have a downturn though like we did with Rodgers?
Posted By: Oli Re: 11 points clear of city feeling safe ? - 04/12/19 10:27 AM
Far from feeling easy. With three games to go and 11 points clear i would feel easy but not at all now. Think Leicester will also give us a run.
Originally Posted By Oli
Far from feeling easy. With three games to go and 11 points clear i would feel easy but not at all now. Think Leicester will also give us a run.

Feel the same way especially as they are not playing in Europe
Posted By: Pickles Re: 11 points clear of city feeling safe ? - 04/12/19 12:43 PM
What would help us with Leicester is the media stories ramping up about Brendan to Arsenal. He is currently not refuting claims of his interest in the Arsenal Manager position and it will P*ss Leicester players and fans off. It could see some unrest at Leicester at a time they don't need.
I think City are out of it. Leicester are still in with a shout, and you can't rule them out yet, especially since some of those players won the league a few years ago.

Still, I feel pretty confident. We seem to have this supernatural will to win. If we can hold on for December with this crazy fixture list, I think we've got it. Boxing day will be interesting.
Posted By: Oli Re: 11 points clear of city feeling safe ? - 04/12/19 03:16 PM
City won what 15 straight wins last season they could go 20 this season. But if we win our games it doesn�t matter what they do.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: 11 points clear of city feeling safe ? - 04/12/19 03:35 PM
Originally Posted By redordead13
I think City are out of it. Leicester are still in with a shout, and you can't rule them out yet, especially since some of those players won the league a few years ago.

Still, I feel pretty confident. We seem to have this supernatural will to win. If we can hold on for December with this crazy fixture list, I think we've got it. Boxing day will be interesting.

City have too good a squad to be ruled out, they also have the resources to go out in January and bring in top players.

Leicester are doing really well, but if they get a few key injuries, they will struggle, there is also all the speculation around Rogers they have to deal with.

The fact is, if we keep winning the games we should and have, we are in control.
Originally Posted By Oli
City won what 15 straight wins last season they could go 20 this season. But if we win our games it doesn�t matter what they do.

That is correct. City now have 32 points from 45 max. They can only get to 101 now if they won every game. We are approaching it like we have to set a new record (101 or more) to win it.
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

City have too good a squad to be ruled out, they also have the resources to go out in January and bring in top players.

Leicester are doing really well, but if they get a few key injuries, they will struggle, there is also all the speculation around Rogers they have to deal with.

The fact is, if we keep winning the games we should and have, we are in control.

And what if we get 2 injuries, VVD and Mane, won't we struggle? Our problem is fixture congestion and thin depth squad
Posted By: RedJohn Re: 11 points clear of city feeling safe ? - 04/12/19 10:24 PM
We've still got to go to Leicester and City but out the two I still fear City more. Probably psychological after last season since they're not playing at the same level but they're clearly capable of over-turning the deficit.

Tough next 4 games for them including Leicester at home and a very winnable next 4 for us before Leicester away.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: 11 points clear of city feeling safe ? - 05/12/19 12:07 AM
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

And what if we get 2 injuries, VVD and Mane, won't we struggle? Our problem is fixture congestion and thin depth squad

We would struggle, but we have more strength in depth, look tonight, we had Firmino & Salah out, we had Shaq & Origi who did a good job, if Leicester lost Vardy & Maddison, I don't think they have as good to replace them.

We would struggle, but we have more strength in depth, look tonight, we had Firmino & Salah out, we had Shaq & Origi who did a good job, if Leicester lost Vardy & Maddison, I don't think they have as good to replace them.

We have seen Origi doing well in the centre but not in Mane's position, Ox was treid there, but no where near. Same regarding VVD, Gomez is nowhere near.

We have seen Origi doing well in the centre but not in Mane's position, Ox was treid there, but no where near. Same regarding VVD, Gomez is nowhere near.

Shaquiri's fit now, and looked pretty good last night. We have 3ish rotation players that are productive cms (Milner, Ox, Lallana/Keita), a backup striker that scores goals (Origi) and a wide player that has had impact for us off the bench (Shaquiri). I would say we have the second deepest squad around, and the team that's deeper is 11 points behind us. I'm not really worried.
Posted By: imadk Re: 11 points clear of city feeling safe ? - 06/12/19 09:04 PM
Way too early for this discussion
Originally Posted By imadk
Way too early for this discussion

If we can't talk about us winning the title, what's the point of talking about football?

Shaquiri's fit now, and looked pretty good last night. We have 3ish rotation players that are productive cms (Milner, Ox, Lallana/Keita), a backup striker that scores goals (Origi) and a wide player that has had impact for us off the bench (Shaquiri). I would say we have the second deepest squad around, and the team that's deeper is 11 points behind us. I'm not really worried.

We do have very weak cover IMO, Mane and VVD. For the rest we are good except maybe Robertson.
Posted By: Redro Re: 11 points clear of city feeling safe ? - 07/12/19 09:42 PM
Wahoo !! Not a bad run of results. We are still in the mix isn�t that right �energysapper� and the rest you naysayers! Come on the POOL !!!!
I will only get excited when I see Henderson doing his quick feet thing, facing the squad. On the platform. With the trophy in his hands ready to lift.

Until then we haven't won a thing. And if we lose it now there will never be a better chance.

So I refuse to get excited.

I love watching us tho. We are so impressive. And could rack up a record breaking points tally at this rate
It's not anywhere near over. Under the 3 points for a win system 8 points is nothing. That can be eliminated within a week.

However, whether we like it or not, it is ours to lose now. Nobody will cut us slack if we don't win it from here, unless there are obvious mitigating circumstances.

I don't think the congested fixture list is that big a problem. It seems to be working in our favour and City and Leicester play as much as we do. I think the biggest risks for us are: injuries; form; being able to break down teams that park the bus and or counter attacking sides.
© KopTalk Forums