KopTalk.com
Posted By: Dunk Liverpool FC v SSC Napoli - 23/11/19 02:50 PM
Score predictions?

Let us know what score you think the game will be!

Predicted team selection?

State who you think the boss will deploy.

Your team selection?

Post details of who you'd like to see involved.
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Liverpool FC v SSC Napoli - 23/11/19 10:14 PM
I'm going for another 3 - 1 to us. Can't see us keeping a clean sheet, but our never say die mentality will see us through by the narrowest of margins once again, I feel.
The team picks itself, as Salah is apparently fit again, so all the usual first choice selected, including the 'old reliables' at midfield. However that said one never knows with Klopp, he likes to release the odd 'springer'.
I'd like to see Keita involved, but it would have to be at either Wij. Or Hendo's expense, so a cameo from the bench is probably the most we're likely to see of him in this fixture.
Posted By: Oli Re: Liverpool FC v SSC Napoli - 23/11/19 10:41 PM
Same team as today with Salah instead of Ox. Think we will win 2-1 and go on as top of the group. Think Milner and Ox will come on second half.
Posted By: Pickles Re: Liverpool FC v SSC Napoli - 23/11/19 11:49 PM
Napoli are having a tough time of things at the moment in Serie A, 7th place and they drew again today @Milan, that's 6 draws and a loss in their last 7 games:

Looks like they were unlucky v Milan today.
Posted By: van Gogh Re: Liverpool FC v SSC Napoli - 24/11/19 12:22 AM
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
I'm going for another 3 - 1 to us. Can't see us keeping a clean sheet, but our never say die mentality will see us through by the narrowest of margins once again, I feel.
The team picks itself, as Salah is apparently fit again, so all the usual first choice selected, including the 'old reliables' at midfield. However that said one never knows with Klopp, he likes to release the odd 'springer'.
I'd like to see Keita involved, but it would have to be at either Wij. Or Hendo's expense, so a cameo from the bench is probably the most we're likely to see of him in this fixture.

Think Keita will come in instead of Fab against Brighton on Saturday.
Posted By: TheMightyLFC Re: Liverpool FC v SSC Napoli - 24/11/19 07:49 AM
Keep Salah on the bench again. Only bring him on if required. Let's get him fully fit for the busy league period.
Posted By: AccaBoosty Re: Liverpool FC v SSC Napoli - 24/11/19 09:41 AM
I am going for a 2-0 win to us.

Milner or Keita to come into the midfield for maybe Wij to rest him as he played twice for Holland in the break. For the same reason Origi for Ox. Keep Salah on the bench.

Win this one and the last group game is a dead rubber. Would be nice to get that situation with this fixture pile up.
Posted By: Pickles Re: Liverpool FC v SSC Napoli - 24/11/19 01:01 PM
I'd rather we didn't change up the team, we need to beat Napoli to give us the ability in our Final group game to play our fringe players and then give the senior players a rest. Once you start chopping and changing the dynamic gets affected and inevitably our results. Only enforced changed because of injuries or bans, we cannot give Man City or Leicester a sniff in the league because if we do, we know Man City can rattle off a long sequence of wins. Leicester without europe can also take advantage, they are currently on a run of 5 straight PL wins since we beat them. We can make changes to give players rest when games are safely in the bag.
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Liverpool FC v SSC Napoli - 24/11/19 02:12 PM
Originally Posted By van Gogh
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58

Think Keita will come in instead of Fab against Brighton on Saturday.

Yes now that he's out.
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Liverpool FC v SSC Napoli - 25/11/19 03:03 PM
Originally Posted By Pickles
I'd rather we didn't change up the team, we need to beat Napoli to give us the ability in our Final group game to play our fringe players and then give the senior players a rest. Once you start chopping and changing the dynamic gets affected and inevitably our results. Only enforced changed because of injuries or bans, we cannot give Man City or Leicester a sniff in the league because if we do, we know Man City can rattle off a long sequence of wins. Leicester without europe can also take advantage, they are currently on a run of 5 straight PL wins since we beat them. We can make changes to give players rest when games are safely in the bag.

Yes I agree, also Salah seems to play better with regular outings, he always lacks touch and anticipation after a break. As you say we can rest players when the game or the tie is secure.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Liverpool FC v SSC Napoli - 26/11/19 02:31 AM
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
Keep Salah on the bench again. Only bring him on if required. Let's get him fully fit for the busy league period.

No way Salah will be on the bench, he was even coming on against Palace, but returned on the bench as we scored. So he should be fully fit.
Posted By: Vicdamone Re: Liverpool FC v SSC Napoli - 26/11/19 05:27 AM
Injury blow for Napoli as forward Lorenzo Insigne is ruled out of Champions League clash at Liverpool.
Posted By: AccaBoosty Re: Liverpool FC v SSC Napoli - 26/11/19 11:45 AM
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC

No way Salah will be on the bench, he was even coming on against Palace, but returned on the bench as we scored. So he should be fully fit.

I agree. I think this would have been part of the plan with the games we had Palace then Napoli, Brighton, Everton. With an injury or niggle he couldn't play them all. In actual fact I would imagine training is light at the moment for a lot of players and many will be managed through this busy spell.
Posted By: redordead13 Re: Liverpool FC v SSC Napoli - 26/11/19 02:23 PM
I say the normal team probably plays. Salah would come back in for Ox, and Henderson would start, but other than that, same team as the weekend. Win this, and we clinch the group, and the next 2 can rotate heavily.

Brighton Fabinho has to miss anyway, so I expect Ox and Keita to play, and probably Origi to rest one of the front 3. Would expect Gomez to get a start at CB there too.
Posted By: Dunk Re: Liverpool FC v SSC Napoli - 27/11/19 06:43 PM
Confirmed ....

LFC: Alisson, Gomez, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Milner, Henderson, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

SUBS: Adrian, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Shaqiri, Origi, Alexander-Arnold.
© KopTalk Forums