KopTalk.com
Posted By: ArthurSteel Who Will Win the Golden Boot? - 30/08/19 01:15 PM
Who do you think will win the golden boot this year? Personally I would really like to see Salah win it again and I think he could if we play well this season. I have a feeling though that Aguero will have a good season and will be up there as one of the top scorers.

Source
Posted By: redordead13 Re: Who Will Win the Golden Boot? - 30/08/19 02:01 PM
Aguero has never won it. My money is on Salah again.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Who Will Win the Golden Boot? - 30/08/19 02:05 PM
As long as it�s not Kane I don�t really mind.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Who Will Win the Golden Boot? - 30/08/19 02:08 PM
I think it will be Kane
Posted By: Pickles Re: Who Will Win the Golden Boot? - 30/08/19 02:10 PM
Aguero won't win it, he's not getting any younger at 31 and has missed games through various injuries:

18/19 Season he missed 8 games
17/18 Season he missed 11 games

I think Sterling will beat Aguero this season, he's already on 5 goals after 3 games and is being used more centrally by Pep this season, which should see him better his 2 previous seasons of 18 & 17 goals.

For Golden Boot you'd have to say Salah or Aubameyang. Salah had a quiet 2nd season and still co-topped the charts last season. Anything better and he's up there again and likewise Auba has extra help with Pepe that should see him improve his tally this season too.
Posted By: redordead13 Re: Who Will Win the Golden Boot? - 30/08/19 02:12 PM
Kane is so overrated. He was a monster a few years ago, but I think his limitations are starting to show. He has no pace, and while his striking technique is great, he's not got all that much else to his game. He gets goals, but he slows Spurs down. I think they play better when Lucas and Son play instead of him.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Who Will Win the Golden Boot? - 30/08/19 02:12 PM
Originally Posted By Pickles
Aguero won't win it, he's not getting any younger at 31 and has missed games through various injuries:

18/19 Season he missed 8 games
17/18 Season he missed 11 games

I think Sterling will beat Aguero this season, he's already on 5 goals after 3 games and is being used more centrally by Pep this season, which should see him better his 2 previous seasons of 18 & 17 goals.

For Golden Boot you'd have to say Salah or Aubameyang. Salah had a quiet 2nd season and still co-topped the charts last season. Anything better and he's up there again and likewise Auba has extra help with Pepe that should see him improve his tally this season too.

Don't think a City player will win it with their rotation and I don't think Sterling is their penalty taker
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Who Will Win the Golden Boot? - 30/08/19 02:16 PM
Maybe Salah, I hope Mane, I wouldn't rule out Aubameyang, he got joint top scorer last season and Arsenal have improved over the summer, Pepe may create a few for him.
Posted By: ArthurSteel Re: Who Will Win the Golden Boot? - 30/08/19 03:33 PM
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Maybe Salah, I hope Mane, I wouldn't rule out Aubameyang, he got joint top scorer last season and Arsenal have improved over the summer, Pepe may create a few for him.
Yeah that could be a deadly combo they have there
Posted By: ArthurSteel Re: Who Will Win the Golden Boot? - 30/08/19 03:34 PM
Originally Posted By redordead13
Kane is so overrated. He was a monster a few years ago, but I think his limitations are starting to show. He has no pace, and while his striking technique is great, he's not got all that much else to his game. He gets goals, but he slows Spurs down. I think they play better when Lucas and Son play instead of him.
They were playing really well last season without kane and with Son up top
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Who Will Win the Golden Boot? - 30/08/19 04:20 PM
Originally Posted By ArthurSteel
Originally Posted By redordead13
They were playing really well last season without kane and with Son up top

Yeah, they looked much better with Son, Kane will play if a quarter fit, he's all about him.

I can see Tottenham struggling abit this season, especially if Eriksen leaves, they do not sound a happy camp, Poch after match comments last week were abit odd saying how certain players aren't happy etc, wouldn't surprise me if he left, he will be waiting for Ole to get the boot from Man Ure.
Posted By: Shaggydog Re: Who Will Win the Golden Boot? - 31/08/19 08:01 PM
I have given this a lot of thought and in my opinion the winner of the Golden Boot will be the player(s) who scores the most goals over the season.
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Who Will Win the Golden Boot? - 02/09/19 02:48 PM
Too early to predict, and I'm not about to bother those iritable and unpredictable fairies again so soon. Id like to see Mane get it, or failing that Salah
Posted By: ArthurSteel Re: Who Will Win the Golden Boot? - 05/09/19 08:31 AM
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
I have given this a lot of thought and in my opinion the winner of the Golden Boot will be the player(s) who scores the most goals over the season.

I think you might be onto something there haha
Posted By: Shaggydog Re: Who Will Win the Golden Boot? - 05/09/19 09:55 AM
Originally Posted By ArthurSteel
Originally Posted By Shaggydog

I think you might be onto something there haha

Thank You, I am a student of the game.
© KopTalk Forums