KopTalk.com
Posted By: BARTON42 Squad No's - 24/06/19 09:19 AM

Maybe I'm being a bit silly but I would love to see the squad no's changed a bit so players wear the no that traditionally goes with their position.

2: TAA
3: Robertson
5: Gomez
6: Fabhino
7: New winger

Most of u guys will laugh at this post but I'm a little bit of a traditionalist.
Posted By: Mr Bojangles Re: Squad No's - 24/06/19 12:19 PM
Same to be honest.

I'd prefer no name and a team of 1-11.

It's impossible now tho. Can't have a CR7 if anyone can wear it
Posted By: AccaBoosty Re: Squad No's - 24/06/19 12:20 PM
I know what you mean. Used to be so much easier to watch football back in the day when the numbers meant positions and there was no name on the shirt. Back then Celtic had the number only on their shorts.

I'd like to go back to the days when I had no injuries and could run all day.

Jumpers for goalposts anyone?
Posted By: redordead13 Re: Squad No's - 24/06/19 01:37 PM
Originally Posted By BARTON42

Maybe I'm being a bit silly but I would love to see the squad no's changed a bit so players wear the no that traditionally goes with their position.

2: TAA
3: Robertson
5: Gomez
6: Fabhino
7: New winger

Most of u guys will laugh at this post but I'm a little bit of a traditionalist.

I would like to see this. However, I don't see Wjinaldum or Milner giving up their shirts anytime soon.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Squad No's - 24/06/19 02:05 PM
I couldn�t care less what number they all wear. Sorry.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Squad No's - 24/06/19 03:10 PM
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles
Same to be honest.

I don't give a shyte and I can read names anyway + do understand in which position they are playing. Should Salah change his number when he is in the centre?
Posted By: BARTON42 Re: Squad No's - 24/06/19 03:37 PM
Also, although I have great admiration for Milner I don't like him having the no 7 shirt. Keegan and Dalglish made that an iconic no for Liverpool and it should be reserved for one of our best front men.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Squad No's - 24/06/19 06:09 PM
Originally Posted By BARTON42
Also, although I have great admiration for Milner I don't like him having the no 7 shirt. Keegan and Dalglish made that an iconic no for Liverpool and it should be reserved for one of our best front men.

What about Gerrards number 8, should Keita have it? We might end up missing quite a few numbers if we go that route, so we better leave it there. The only constant in life is change, so better adapt
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Squad No's - 24/06/19 08:48 PM
I saw a report somewhere recently suggesting that we actually are in the process of returning to traditional numbers.
Posted By: *** Suso *** Re: Squad No's - 24/06/19 09:35 PM
im not that bothered but if i had a choice i would go for the numbering as we did back in the good OLD days
Posted By: Snakeye Re: Squad No's - 25/06/19 04:25 AM
It will require many players changing numbers so I don't see it happening. Trent can have no. 2 if Clyne departs but I think 66 suits him because his name is very long so it looks better. Wij is 5, Lovren is 6 and Milly is 7 so again your taking a lot of numbers from players.
Posted By: Mr Bojangles Re: Squad No's - 25/06/19 07:19 AM
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Same to be honest.

I don't give a shyte and I can read names anyway + do understand in which position they are playing. Should Salah change his number when he is in the centre?

I too can read names. And understand player positions. I said it was a preference. Not a reasonable demand.

Congrats on being able to read though.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Squad No's - 25/06/19 12:30 PM
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Same to be honest.

I too can read names. And understand player positions. I said it was a preference. Not a reasonable demand.

Congrats on being able to read though.

Just the latest in a long line to be vished.
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Squad No's - 25/06/19 03:36 PM
It reminds me of an era long ago, when we'd ask girls for their number at a bus stop....indeed come. To think of it, I can even remember when the ocassional barmaid would hand you your pint on a beermat with her number on the reverse side! Ah them were the good old days! You wouldn't. Get that these days....well I sure wouldn't....sob!
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Squad No's - 25/06/19 04:25 PM
All you need to do now is swipe left or right laugh
Posted By: redordead13 Re: Squad No's - 25/06/19 04:59 PM
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
It reminds me of an era long ago, when we'd ask girls for their number at a bus stop....indeed come. To think of it, I can even remember when the ocassional barmaid would hand you your pint on a beermat with her number on the reverse side! Ah them were the good old days! You wouldn't. Get that these days....well I sure wouldn't....sob!

This still happens. People do still use phones. grin
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Squad No's - 25/06/19 08:11 PM
Clubs make allot from selling them letters on a shirt....
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Squad No's - 25/06/19 09:20 PM
Originally Posted By redordead13

Naw red, they're using those things we used to see Buck Rodgers and Dan Dare using, sure they can even see the person on the other end, just like Buck and Dan did. And they said it could never happen, that it was just science fiction!!! They'll be beaming us up next!!!
Posted By: redordead13 Re: Squad No's - 25/06/19 10:09 PM
Originally Posted By redordead13

Naw red, they're using those things we used to see Buck Rodgers and Dan Dare using, sure they can even see the person on the other end, just like Buck and Dan did. And they said it could never happen, that it was just science fiction!!! They'll be beaming us up next!!!

I'm saying women do still give their numbers on cocktail napkins.
© KopTalk Forums