KopTalk.com
Posted By: Snakeye Napoli v Liverpool - 03/10/18 05:32 AM
I have a feeling Sturridge and Shaqiri will start this one and a few others rested for the City game.

Alisson

Clyne Matip Lovren Robertson

Shaqiri Keita Wijnaldum Milner Mane

Sturridge

Rest on bench or fully rested.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 03/10/18 09:09 AM
Originally Posted By Snakeye
I have a feeling Sturridge and Shaqiri will start this one and a few others rested for the City game.

Alisson

Clyne Matip Lovren Robertson

Shaqiri Keita Wijnaldum Milner Mane

Sturridge

Rest on bench or fully rested.

Don't think so, we'll play with our first team except for those injured, so I think VVD and TAA and Firmino will play unless unfit.
Posted By: Mr Bojangles Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 03/10/18 12:27 PM
Full strength side. Napoli are a very good side and sit 2nd in the league. A win here is massive and takes pressure off the away fixtures against PSG and Red star.

One of the first 11 will drop out but not that many
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 03/10/18 01:21 PM
Yes ful strength or no more than one or two changes, maybe shaqueri and/or Sturridge, we need to win this one, as Bo says above to be in a good position for the away fixtures, away games in Europe are always tricky.
Posted By: redordead13 Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 03/10/18 03:51 PM
I think Mane needs a rest, and Shaquiri will start for him, and I could also see Sturridge getting a start. I could also see Keita getting a go.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 03/10/18 06:23 PM
Originally Posted By redordead13
I think Mane needs a rest, and Shaquiri will start for him, and I could also see Sturridge getting a start. I could also see Keita getting a go.

I am not sure of Shaq on the left in our system where a good right footed player is required to cut inside and shoot, have seen him using his left fool most of the time. That miss against Chelsea was I think because it came on his right foot, but then Klopp could change the system and put Firmino on the right as he did in the first half against Southampton. However, Firmino struggled to track back on the wing.
Posted By: redordead13 Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 03/10/18 07:25 PM
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By redordead13

I am not sure of Shaq on the left in our system where a good right footed player is required to cut inside and shoot, have seen him using his left fool most of the time. That miss against Chelsea was I think because it came on his right foot, but then Klopp could change the system and put Firmino on the right as he did in the first half against Southampton. However, Firmino struggled to track back on the wing.

Against Chelsea, he had Firmino on the left with Struuridge through the middle with Shaquiri on the right. Looked fine to me. They all interchange anyway. It's a fluid formation. The days of rigid wingers that only play on one side are gone.
Posted By: redordead13 Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 03/10/18 07:52 PM
Official Team:

Alisson, Trent VVD Gomez, Robertson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Keita, Mane, Salah, Firmino

Subs: Mignolet, Fabinho, Lovren, Shaquiri, Moreno, Sturridge
Posted By: AngryAsianRed Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 03/10/18 10:30 PM
that was a disgraceful performance. TAA and salah in particular were pathetic. The front 3 look like they were playing together for the 1st time. We need to start looking for reinforcements for the forward line in Jan. I know this sounds premature but I really think we need some additions.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 03/10/18 10:30 PM
Never mind the result how's keita ?
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 03/10/18 11:02 PM
Keita will be a big loss if he's out for any length of time. I hope it's minor and he's back soon, but it didn't look too good.
What a shambolic performance, not a single strike on goal, not one decent threatening attacking movement. They controlled the game from the start and they just kept turning it on as the game progressed, without any significant response from us. Shambolic!! Klopp didn't earn his corn either, he was like a rabbit in headlights.
Can't say I'm looking forward to next Sunday now.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 03/10/18 11:09 PM
Very strange performance, if we play like that against City, we will be in big trouble.
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 03/10/18 11:18 PM
It's worrying, something not quite right with Salah, and the team seems to have lost its rhythm, we were way better last season. I just hope we can get Salah back close to his best and the team firings on all cylinders for City on Sunday, else they'll walk through us.
Posted By: chesterville Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 03/10/18 11:42 PM
Lost "Rhythm" is spot on. Its been happening for a while, but we have still managed to get results. The "mix" is just not right at the moment.
Posted By: Snakeye Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 04/10/18 03:12 AM
worst game of the season and keita stretched off, Klopp should of rotated. Front 3 off form, the 2 on the bench are on form it's a no brainer why persist with the same team especially we got a title decider in 3 days.
Posted By: van Gogh Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 04/10/18 06:29 AM
If Klopp doesn't start Sturridge, Fabinho and Shaq on Sunday then I seriously can't understand what he needs more than 11 players for.

The front 3 are totally out of form - particularly Salah. Surely some players on form (the 3 above) have to come in and get their chance under those circumstances?
Posted By: chesterville Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 04/10/18 08:03 AM
I can't see why Shaq is being left out. He certainly puts in the effort on the pitch even though he had something of a hot-cold reputation at other clubs. And he adds that spark we need.

And the front three? Robbie is quality and puts in a shift, but he is anonymous too often lately. Salah needs to be dropped and put in time on the training field. Maybe bring him on ro a second 45 minutes. No hugs necessary, just man up and put it right.

Mane is perplexing indeed. He has boundless talent, but he cant focus for more than 20 seconds on the ball then he is a deer-in-the-headlights. Its really strange watching him at the moment.

Studge is knocking in a few goals, but he cant run at any pace and he doesn't have the stamina to play more than 30 minutes.

Our squad is not as strong as many have suggested so I dont know what Klopp is going to do.
Posted By: TrueRed Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 04/10/18 09:40 AM
Salah and Mane were both marked out of the game. Although Salah has been poor recently, I think he had a good game considering. Mane either got tired or lost interest.

Henderson continues to chase seagulls while offering nothing in attack.

Napoli wanted the win much more than us. The city game and remaining in the title hunt was and is clearly a priority.

Klopp continues to frustrate with his lack of substitutions.
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 04/10/18 12:00 PM
It's difficult to explain such a dramatic drop in performance in all areas of the field, including the dugout. While our two central defenders, performed manfully, there was little support or help help from either midfield or fullbacks. There was almost total failure to control the game at midfield, and an embarrassing ineptitude on the ball up front. The odd time the forward players were given any service, they fluffed their passes and ball control, to the extent that in all of 96 minutes, between the three of them, they didn't manage put a single shot on target!
Was it the venue? The pitch? Keita's injury? Complacency? Preparation? All of those? Or what? Can we banish whatever the fucck it was before next Sunday? We bloody well better, else were back playing catchup again.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 04/10/18 12:57 PM
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
It's difficult to explain such a dramatic drop in performance in all areas of the field, including the dugout. While our two central defenders, performed manfully, there was little support or help help from either midfield or fullbacks. There was almost total failure to control the game at midfield, and an embarrassing ineptitude on the ball up front. The odd time the forward players were given any service, they fluffed their passes and ball control, to the extent that in all of 96 minutes, between the three of them, they didn't manage put a single shot on target!
Was it the venue? The pitch? Keita's injury? Complacency? Preparation? All of those? Or what? Can we banish whatever the fucck it was before next Sunday? We bloody well better, else were back playing catchup again.

I hope it's not because we are knackered after the tough few games we had since the international break. With Keita off, the only fresh player we have in midfield is Fabinho, but can we throw him in against City? Should we play Shaqiri for Salah?
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 04/10/18 12:58 PM
Originally Posted By TrueRed
Salah and Mane were both marked out of the game. Although Salah has been poor recently, I think he had a good game considering. Mane either got tired or lost interest.

Napoli wanted the win much more than us. The city game and remaining in the title hunt was and is clearly a priority.

Mane was way better that Salah who was completely transparent.
Posted By: van Gogh Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 04/10/18 05:44 PM

Indeed!

Now it's time for Kloppo to show he is a manager and not only about hugs.

Players performing should play. The others must put focus on the training field to try and get back into the starting XI.

From what I saw yesterday at least Hendo and Salah have played themselves out of the starting XI for Sunday. Sturridge and Fabinho in for them.

Whether Shaq should feature instead of Man� or Bobby is debatable. Those 2 might not have exactly played themselves out of the starting XI, but Shaq has performed very well when he has gotten some time on the field. Is it a matter of him having played himself into the starting XI more than them having played themselves out of there? And what about Shaq's defensive capabilities? Surely we need a player ready to help out in defence against City? Having Sturridge instead of Salah will influence our counter pressing to some extent. Can we accomodate another player of the same ilk at the same time?
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 05/10/18 04:27 AM
Originally Posted By van Gogh

Indeed!

Now it's time for Kloppo to show he is a manager and not only about hugs.

Players performing should play. The others must put focus on the training field to try and get back into the starting XI.

From what I saw yesterday at least Hendo and Salah have played themselves out of the starting XI for Sunday. Sturridge and Fabinho in for them.

Whether Shaq should feature instead of Man� or Bobby is debatable. Those 2 might not have exactly played themselves out of the starting XI, but Shaq has performed very well when he has gotten some time on the field. Is it a matter of him having played himself into the starting XI more than them having played themselves out of there? And what about Shaq's defensive capabilities? Surely we need a player ready to help out in defence against City? Having Sturridge instead of Salah will influence our counter pressing to some extent. Can we accomodate another player of the same ilk at the same time?

Shaq is a better fit to replace Salah, not Sturridge
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 05/10/18 12:01 PM
Absolutely Sturridge is no more than a decent sub now and again the next injury is always imminent. Shaq is a decent player and can run which helps. Sturridge has talent but we all know the story
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 05/10/18 12:46 PM
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Absolutely Sturridge is no more than a decent sub now and again the next injury is always imminent. Shaq is a decent player and can run which helps. Sturridge has talent but we all know the story

Yeah, he's a good impact sub like against Chelsea, but he can't perform for 90 minutes at the top level, it's not his game to close down and run around, he's about finding space and finishing a chance, especially when defences are tiring near the end of games.
Posted By: TrueRed Re: Napoli v Liverpool - 05/10/18 05:25 PM
Originally Posted By Stanley Park

Totally agree about Sturridge, but he should be able more than 10 minutes as a sub in a game.
© KopTalk Forums