KopTalk.com
While we can be and should critical of under performance, I'd argue that calling for Klopp's head could be a mistake? Personally I think if sufficient fans become disillusioned with Klopp, that'll allow FSG to buy more time by sacking him, and then we're into another three or four years rebuilding under a new manager while moneyball rolls along very nicely thank you very much.
While it may be a stretch, and something approaching a conspiracy theory, Klopp's insistence on signing two very expensive players in the last transfer window, and the failure of FSG negotiators to sign either of them (albeit the postponed signing of Kieta at a much reduced cost) raises suspicions as to the extent their support for Klopp's expensive targets and their willingness to depart from their moneyball policies. And then of course, there was the mysterious "leak", leading to Southampton threatening to report us to the FA, ostensibly for "Tapping Up" but more likely for the consequent collapse of a bidding war with City ourselves and Chelsea.
As I said that's a bit of a stretch on my behalf, but It does look as though Klopp is trying to force a departure from the moneyball recruitment policy, and while there was a show of support from FSG, the required money was never spent, and it remains to be seen if it ever will. What we got in the recent window was two cheap prospects and one mid price player, who for whatever reason was never first choice for Arsenal. Not much of a departure from the moneyball policies, I think you'll agree.
If you were to buy into my theory that there's signs of a recruitment policy battle going on, then you'd be inclined to agree that we should support rather than crucify Klopp, as an abandonment of the moneyball policy would be very much in the clubs and fans interest. Whereas the sacking of Klopp and the consequent rebuilding under a new manager with a continuation of moneyball would almost certainly not.
Does any of that make sense to you folks?
Couldn't we have said the same thing about Brendan who currently has a better record at the club?

I have no doubt that FSG have manipulated situations in their time with us and that they are clinging on to keeping us relevant as a club with as limited financial backing as possible. However for as exciting a team we can be, our failures are becoming increasingly familiar.

The 13/14 team was sensational, we then sold our best player for huge profit and now we are in rinse and repeat mode. Coutinho is next and no matter how we feel about him as a person wanting to go to Barcelona, he is the type of player we should build a team around because he has that unique ability to pop up with the important goals and contributions. He's been our best player since being introduced back into the fold and we should be giving him a reason to stay with us by challenging for titles.

I know it's unprofessional for a Manager to scold the Owners and tell it how it is, but for Liverpool FC until that happens then FSG can continue the guise. The new, more lucrative money in the game has only wetted FSG's apetite further for hanging around.

All we can hope for is a rich entity to buy us, or for ALL fans be on the same page and force the Owners out, neither one currently looking likely!
I said as much when Brendan was on the rack. Sacking him only made sense because Klopp and Ancelotti were available, and they had more pedigree and experience.

Our issues are not down to managerial failings, IMO, although neither manager was perfect. Sacking Klopp will set this club back a minimum of three years, period.
Its bloody obvious who's holding us back.
Whilst I'd love him to be the guy who brings us trophies. I can't see it. I'll back him right up until the end of January. If he still persists with that defence and tries to show us that Lovren and Mignolet are the answer. Then I'd rather someone else have a go. As to who?

Ancelotti. (Proven)
Julian nagellsman (dunno how to spell it) promising.
Marco Silva. (Been brilliant)
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles
Whilst I'd love him to be the guy who brings us trophies. I can't see it. I'll back him right up until the end of January. If he still persists with that defence and tries to show us that Lovren and Mignolet are the answer. Then I'd rather someone else have a go. As to who?

Ancelotti. (Proven)

That's fair enough. The only defender in the world who is good enough for us has said he'll move in January so there shouldn't be a problem.

This whole thing of comparing BR and Klopp is flawed imo. Their histories are far too different the make a fair comparison.
Originally Posted By Derek
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles

Ancelotti. (Proven)

That's fair enough. The only defender in the world who is good enough for us has said he'll move in January so there shouldn't be a problem.

This whole thing of comparing BR and Klopp is flawed imo. Their histories are far too different the make a fair comparison.

The way Benitez tried to prove that Lucas was a perfect replacement for mascherano, even though we all knew he wasn't. I feel like Klopp is doing the same with our defence. Just hoping they come good.
We need to give Klopp the season to get things right. It normally takes weeks to months for a team to adjust to a new coach's methods(I know this as I used to play tennis at varsity level but in a team game like football it is even more significant), so sacking him in January and getting someone else probably will not lead to better results. Also, I think despite our crappy performances we are still within distance of top 4, which is our realistic goal, so we probably arent desperate to get rid of him yet, though this may change if things get worse.
Yeah, the January transfer window is in itself even tougher than getting a better player in than Klavan! laugh
Klopp has said that the January transfer window is very difficult. Said so last season and his first when we were linked with a lot of players but nothing panned out. Very little value in it apparently.

He has also said that he can't name 5 players better than our current CB's such as Lovren and Klavan.

I combined these 2 "facts" and got that hilarious post above! laugh
And in this past window he said it was difficult and that the window should be closed earlier. That has me totally confused.
Yeah, I'm quite critical of a number of things about Klopp, but I feel he's trying to challenge the moneyball recruitment policy by nominating very expensive targets and refusing to countenance 2,3 or 4th choices. Imo this is worth supporting as we desperately need to shift FSG from their moneyball policy. Crucifying Klopp will help them to resist his efforts, hence the op.
© KopTalk Forums