KopTalk.com
Posted By: Stanley Park Has football completely lost its soul ? - 21/02/17 09:32 PM
Felt so sorry for the Sutton reserve keeper he must feel he wants the world to swallow him up. And for what a bit of fun. Yes it was poor judgement with the betting but for gods sake where's the humour and relaxation in the game ? All the games characters and the fun in the sport (it is supposed to be fun) I just hope the poor guy gets a break he ate a pie for heavens sake for a joke when the game was over and he could not come on. What next banning smiling ?
Posted By: Growler Re: Has football completely lost its soul ? - 21/02/17 09:33 PM
'Piegate'

Lovin' that. laugh
I think had he just ate the pie he'd have been fine. But his mates bet on him eating one in the second half didn't they? That's a touch naughty and especially if he was involved in it.
Posted By: lumba Re: Has football completely lost its soul ? - 21/02/17 09:44 PM
I bet Growler is eating a pie in his underpants right now.
Posted By: Growler Re: Has football completely lost its soul ? - 21/02/17 09:48 PM
Originally Posted By lumba
I bet Growler is eating a pie in his underpants right now.

What a most odd comment. crazy
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
I think had he just ate the pie he'd have been fine. But his mates bet on him eating one in the second half didn't they? That's a touch naughty and especially if he was involved in it.

I suppose you are right I just feel sorry for the guy probably not the brightest and got caught up in the hype I am sure he never meant for this outcome
I never eat a meat and potatoe pie without brown sauce

FACT
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

I suppose you are right I just feel sorry for the guy probably not the brightest and got caught up in the hype I am sure he never meant for this outcome

I think it's funny and you're right, there ain't many characters anymore.
Posted By: WNP Re: Has football completely lost its soul ? - 21/02/17 11:31 PM
Have I missed something?
You have to feel sorry for the goalie, a joke gone wrong,if it wasn't for fans like him those clubs probably wouldn't exist.
Start the petition, Save the pie man.
Posted By: Growler Re: Has football completely lost its soul ? - 21/02/17 11:59 PM
Originally Posted By WNP
Have I missed something?

Seemingly yes i guess, otherwise you wouldn't be asking? whistle
Football lost its soul a long time ago.

It has now also lost it s sense of humour.
I heard Morrison's have offered him a Pie tasting job. smile
Originally Posted By LiverbirdLain
You have to feel sorry for the goalie, a joke gone wrong,if it wasn't for fans like him those clubs probably wouldn't exist.

If it's a case of simple Simon and the Pie Man, someone has to eat humble pie...or is it all just pie in the sky?
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Originally Posted By LiverbirdLain

If it's a case of simple Simon and the Pie Man, someone has to eat humble pie...or is it all just pie in the sky?

Well Herc I heard say it wasn't a pie at all but a pasty,surely this must mean only one thing,reinstatment?
Posted By: WNP Re: Has football completely lost its soul ? - 22/02/17 03:40 PM
I just don't get the problem. He's in trouble for his mates betting on him eating a pie? The bookies shouldn't have offered such a ridiculous bet taking the [oops] out of him in the first place, they deserved to be screwed over. If they offered odds on me doing something like that then I'd do the same.
Absolutely Lain, reinstatement with compo would be in order, else it's a case of; the day the football died...
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Has football completely lost its soul ? - 22/02/17 10:01 PM
Originally Posted By WNP
I just don't get the problem. He's in trouble for his mates betting on him eating a pie? The bookies shouldn't have offered such a ridiculous bet taking the [oops] out of him in the first place, they deserved to be screwed over. If they offered odds on me doing something like that then I'd do the same.

Yeah, if he hadn't eaten the pie the bookies would have happily taken the stake money and we wouldn't have heard anything about it, if local people are putting money on it, the bookies are stupid and deserve to lose.
© KopTalk Forums