KopTalk.com
Posted By: Flames Lucas the white elephant - 04/12/16 06:41 PM
He's a great dude, a great servant. Everyone wants him to have a testimonial etc etc.
With that established he is a terrible player to have in the 11, whether directly or indirectly he is a wobbly weak link. Awful passing and decision making, mistake prone and seems to generate confusion and uncertainty. With all that in mind, to put him in the back line is asking for it.
Posted By: gnp-uk Re: Lucas the white elephant - 04/12/16 06:44 PM
Flames don't blame Lucas for starting or coming off the bench

Fault is klopp's
Posted By: TheMightyLFC Re: Lucas the white elephant - 04/12/16 06:48 PM
Can't really argue against what Flames has said. He did well for us at times, always gives 100%, but to have him any where near the first team more than a year after Klopp's arrival is very disappointing.

We bough central defensive cover but aren't using him. Also, would it not be better to play Sakho? He's bound to be leaving soon but he may be motivated to show how good he is. It would put him in the shop window too. He does have his dodgy aspects but surely he would be better than Lucas?
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Lucas the white elephant - 04/12/16 06:53 PM
He's no cb that's for sure.
Posted By: gnp-uk Re: Lucas the white elephant - 04/12/16 06:54 PM
Klopp playing lucas head klavan means klopp has no faith in klavan....why...

Klavan was signed cuzz he was cheap...just the way Henry likes it...

Klopp serous about finishing top 4....

I hope Henry allows him to sign or bring players on loan next month , without selling our best players
Posted By: Shaggydog Re: Lucas the white elephant - 04/12/16 06:58 PM
Hello flames, long time no see
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Lucas the white elephant - 04/12/16 07:21 PM
I agree, Lucas has been a good servant but he doesn't suit the speed and movement we need in midfield and he is no CB, as soon as I saw his name at CB today I was concerned, the fact he is our third choice CB shows everything wrong with our defence.

We need to sell Sakho and replace him with a decent CB, I've not seen enough of Klavan, but i'm guessing Klopp has and that's why he's not our third choice CB.

Hopefully this will be sorted in January, otherwise we will not be maintaining a challenge for the PL.
Posted By: Muj Re: Lucas the white elephant - 04/12/16 07:38 PM
not defending Lucas.

i thought Lovren was responsible for atleast the first goal?

the way i saw it,i wont blame just one player though . bad bad day
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Lucas the white elephant - 04/12/16 07:41 PM
Originally Posted By Muj
not defending Lucas.

Yep, I think playing with Matip really helped Lovren, so as soon as he was not there, he struggled, the same happened with Sakho last season, Lovren looked much better with Sakho.
Posted By: Flames Re: Lucas the white elephant - 04/12/16 07:46 PM
Originally Posted By Shaggydog

Alright Shagster, don't find the time to come on here these days too much unfortunately, however it's still the first port of call when I have some footie words to spare.
Thought we were looking title contenders but shiite like today doesn't bode well.
Posted By: Flames Re: Lucas the white elephant - 04/12/16 07:47 PM
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By Muj
not defending Lucas.

Yep, I think playing with Matip really helped Lovren, so as soon as he was not there, he struggled, the same happened with Sakho last season, Lovren looked much better with Sakho.

Exactly, it's all about pairings and working off each other. Lucas just reverberates uncertainty and the wheels start to come off for everyone. Been happening too long now for it to be a coincidence.
Posted By: Muj Re: Lucas the white elephant - 04/12/16 08:30 PM
Originally Posted By Flames

Alright Shagster, don't find the time to come on here these days too much unfortunately, however it's still the first port of call when I have some footie words to spare.
Thought we were looking title contenders but shiite like today doesn't bode well.

hey yo ol chum
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Lucas the white elephant - 04/12/16 09:07 PM
Lovren and Sakho as a partnership is what nightmares are made of, couldn't think of anything worse, ones a mistake waiting to happen and the other as reckless as you will ever see....
Posted By: chesterville Re: Lucas the white elephant - 05/12/16 12:12 AM
Playing Lucas at centre back is a sure bet to lose a game and when i saw him named as starting at center back I expected a poor team performance today.

Klopp must see Lucas as a wise, experienced leader, neither of which are true. He is not intelligent, makes poor decisions and panics easily.

Lucas has no capacity to read the game, anticipate events or to see a good pass before he receives the ball.

A stalwart but a very poor footballer in my opinion.
Posted By: Flames Re: Lucas the white elephant - 05/12/16 01:17 AM
Originally Posted By Muj
Originally Posted By Flames

hey yo ol chum

Muuuuuj!
Posted By: Darcus Re: Lucas the white elephant - 05/12/16 11:29 AM
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
I agree, Lucas has been a good servant but he doesn't suit the speed and movement we need in midfield and he is no CB, as soon as I saw his name at CB today I was concerned, the fact he is our third choice CB shows everything wrong with our defence.

We need to sell Sakho and replace him with a decent CB, I've not seen enough of Klavan, but i'm guessing Klopp has and that's why he's not our third choice CB.

Hopefully this will be sorted in January, otherwise we will not be maintaining a challenge for the PL.

If players can be judged after being in the country for just a few months, then how on earth is Karius still in the team?
Posted By: Mr Bojangles Re: Lucas the white elephant - 05/12/16 01:35 PM
What happened to klavan? He looked decent when he played. Does he play in lovrens position or does Lucas look better in training?
Posted By: wezeer Re: Lucas the white elephant - 06/12/16 10:36 AM
Originally Posted By chesterville
Playing Lucas at centre back is a sure bet to lose a game and when i saw him named as starting at center back I expected a poor team performance today.

Klopp must see Lucas as a wise, experienced leader, neither of which are true. He is not intelligent, makes poor decisions and panics easily.

Lucas has no capacity to read the game, anticipate events or to see a good pass before he receives the ball.

A stalwart but a very poor footballer in my opinion.

yes, he is ....already for many years ago and he still plays for LFC.....sad reality...
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Lucas the white elephant - 08/12/16 12:58 PM
Originally Posted By gnp-uk
Klopp playing lucas head klavan means klopp has no faith in klavan....why...

Klavan was signed cuzz he was cheap...just the way Henry likes it...

Klopp serous about finishing top 4....

I hope Henry allows him to sign or bring players on loan next month , without selling our best players

Klopp had at least 16m to use in the summer, that's the profit we made on transfers and I am sure he could have obtained at least 5m more, he didn't find the player/s he wanted. Everybody here was questioning the fee we paid for Mane and Wijnaldum, meaning his hands are not tied up to a certain limit of course, as any manager, nobody has an open checkbook
Posted By: chesterville Re: Lucas the white elephant - 11/12/16 12:23 PM
I was thinking of the Bob Paisley thread and marveling at the super players he lead and I am scratching my head thinking how can such an average player such as Lucas have ever played for Liverpool FC?
Posted By: Chris2402 Re: Lucas the white elephant - 11/12/16 03:00 PM
Originally Posted By chesterville
I was thinking of the Bob Paisley thread and marveling at the super players he lead and I am scratching my head thinking how can such an average player such as Lucas have ever played for Liverpool FC?

There's been plenty worse than Lucas!
Posted By: van Gogh Re: Lucas the white elephant - 11/12/16 05:21 PM
Yes but not for such a long spell.

Soon 10 years now!
© KopTalk Forums