KopTalk.com
Posted By: drago123 Glen Johnson - 17/08/14 03:18 PM
Christ he was awful today!! Pulled out of at least three 50/50 tackles which could have been made. Manquillo and Moreno will hopefully start in the full back positions this season when fit. Just don't have any confidence in Johnson, poor ball retention, poor positioning, just generally [oops] all round, he did make one good tackle today to stop a Southampton chance although he played a big part in them getting that chance
Posted By: boxmonkey Re: Glen Johnson - 17/08/14 03:19 PM
He's poo!
Posted By: jjmelling/Stato Re: Glen Johnson - 17/08/14 03:24 PM
He normally makes a mistake a game. He was Penny Dreadful today.
Posted By: LeQu76 Re: Glen Johnson - 17/08/14 04:06 PM
Not worth what his wages are - useless!
Posted By: gnp-uk Re: Glen Johnson - 17/08/14 04:39 PM
His last game today

Thank fvck for that ..
Posted By: caligula Re: Glen Johnson - 17/08/14 04:39 PM
Cant imagine he will play much once everyone is fit and available. Lucas neither.
Posted By: jmoz Re: Glen Johnson - 17/08/14 05:22 PM
But he's been poor for a long long time now, tbh I'm not surprised. He loves to pass backwards.
Posted By: KingoftheKop Re: Glen Johnson - 17/08/14 05:40 PM
Seriously crap yet again, a couple of ppl have been supporting him on here recently but today's was another typical performance from Johnson. Manquillo at RB (who I thought was excellent) only highlights how shitt Johnson has been for a very long time now.
Posted By: WNP Re: Glen Johnson - 17/08/14 05:53 PM
Should never play for us again, he's been awful for ages now and awful again today, I would have brought Enrique on at half time
Posted By: Vicdamone Re: Glen Johnson - 17/08/14 05:56 PM
SELL HIM PLZ!!!!!
Posted By: redordead13 Re: Glen Johnson - 17/08/14 06:04 PM
John Glenson strikes again.
Posted By: EastMan Re: Glen Johnson - 17/08/14 06:09 PM
Watching the game I keep imagining Flanno storming across to the wing making sharp takles, only to snap back to the reality of Glenn pretending he gives a f#@k
Posted By: boxmonkey Re: Glen Johnson - 17/08/14 06:36 PM
So we're all on the same page now? Time to sell this waste of space
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Glen Johnson - 17/08/14 06:42 PM
Getting a bit late in this window now, I�d prefer if we just concentrated on signing a quality striker/forward to boost our depleted firepower. Johnson can run down his contract as few will be lining up for him, and we can play him in the cups...sorry Faz!
Posted By: EastMan Re: Glen Johnson - 17/08/14 07:21 PM
and for anyone on the fence here is a stat, Glen Johnson and Lucas Leiva didn't win a single tackle between them today
Posted By: KingoftheKop Re: Glen Johnson - 17/08/14 10:40 PM
That's not true, I remember Lucas winning at least one tackle in the first half in which he actually played pretty well.

As regards to Johnson, we won't be able to sell him as no club his level would be willing to meet his wages. He'll play out his current contract and leave next summer unless he agrees to a huge pay cut in which case he might get a couple more years here.
Posted By: *** Suso *** Re: Glen Johnson - 17/08/14 11:38 PM
i think today was the last straw that broke the camels back for me today. i have no time for him. we should just give him a free transfer
Posted By: Donut Re: Glen Johnson - 18/08/14 05:53 AM
Originally Posted By: EastMan
and for anyone on the fence here is a stat, Glen Johnson and Lucas Leiva didn't win a single tackle between them today

I don't care either way about Johnno but at least he offers something going forward.. occasionally.

I was surprised to see Lucas playing yesterday.. no hatred for the lad but I'd be happy to never see him in a red shirt again - he offers ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Infact, he's stealing a squad number from a player who might actually have something to give.

Surprised at the substitution also yesterday - Lucas for Allen. Would have taken Lucas off for Lambert myself and dropped Sterling back as we were in need of a goal and playing at home. Shouldn't complain really, got the win in the end smile
(probably would've lost if I was making the subs laugh )
© KopTalk Forums