Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#628297 15/10/19 03:45 PM
G
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
G
Is anyone else getting sick of all the positive, self congratulatory articles and spin going around the sport media at the moment regarding Liverpool? No one can deny that what Klopp has done for Liverpool is absolutely amazing, the champions league win will be remembered forever, but I cant help but get the sense that there is this ever prevailing narrative that the destination has already been reached. That we are an all conquering 'bastion of invincibility'. It would be hard to believe that we've only arguably had ONE successful season in the last 4 years if you were only to go on whats recently being said and written. For me, we're not there yet. We wont be there until we finally win the premier league. I have every faith that we eventually will with this squad and Klopp, but until we do all this hype can get in the bin in my opinion. 8 games in and things are looking promising. But the most important thing about this is that....its 8 games in. Certain pundits and media outlets are pretty much writing the season off now and are looking to hand us the title already, and I'd gladly accept if it actually worked like that...but it doesn't, and because it doesnt it kinda feels like a used car salesman complimenting me on my hair and snazzy dress sense whilst trying to sell me a lemon.

Last edited by ghostgoal; 15/10/19 03:47 PM.
O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
Think they are waiting for us to fall. See how they treat Spurs now.

D
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
D
Unfortunately it's what the press love to do, especially in football. Build you up so they can tear you down.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The press latch onto the next big thing whether that’s a player or team and hype the nuts out of them. We only need to worry when Klopp and the team think they’ve won it in October not the press.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I agree we are being built up to be knocked down

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Agreed...but I am also hearing in commentary of our games, one or 2 commentators bringing up the Gerrard slip more and more and that it cost us the title under Brenda! They're not mentioning the other 37 games that season, where other players made mistakes?

It's a sadistic fascination to herald us, then they're hoping we fail spectacularly and fall short. There are unfortunately some sick twisted individuals in the media, pundits and rival fans who'd love us to do a Devon Loch.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Agreed...but I am also hearing in commentary of our games, one or 2 commentators bringing up the Gerrard slip more and more and that it cost us the title under Brenda! They're not mentioning the other 37 games that season, where other players made mistakes?

It's a sadistic fascination to herald us, then they're hoping we fail spectacularly and fall short. There are unfortunately some sick twisted individuals in the media, pundits and rival fans who'd love us to do a Devon Loch.

This is how the media in general earns their living, don't think they focus only on us. Look at the such Manure are getting. Do you really think they would just leave us alone, they need to cover controversies, this is what get people talking.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Vish is correct there's a saying in journalism

"Good news is no news"

People want to read about rivals in trouble or matters they are concerned about look on koptalk when we are doing well there are few posts when we are doing badly the site is flooded

That's simply human nature

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
i love going to arsenal fan tv when they love. never go when they win

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
i also dont like the way people think the title is over when there is still 90 points to play

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion