Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
It looks like Everton are in talks with Wolves for Adama Traore with the asking price set at £10m, Traore is only 26 and his contract ends June 23.

It was not that long ago that Klopp was singing Traore's praises, calling him 'Undefendable' after Liverpool 1 v 0 Wolves game 15/3/21. Having described the 25-year-old winger as “unplayable”, “unbelievable” and “so good” after Liverpool’s 4-0 win over Wolves on 6/12/20, he returned to the theme after the Monday 15/3/21 game. Klopp said:
"The speed of Traore is actually undefendable in moments."

This taken from Liverpool Echo: Liverpool are among the clubs to have previously been linked with Traore, but Wolves' £100million valuation - and their preference for Jota - meant no deal was forthcoming.

Wolves Manager at the time Wolves manager Nuno Espirito Santo also said after the 15/3/21 game about Traore:"The moment that we, him and the team-mates realise how good Adama can be… I hope I will be here to see it, to do it," he said.

"Because Adama is unique, he’s very special. He’s so special, so unique, that you always want the best to happen to him.

"Adama is unique, I repeat, when I say unique I say unique all over football. There is no player like Adama."

He is a frustrating player to watch at times with his end product lacking, however with guidance of a top Manager like Klopp he may get the best out of Traore. Imagine having Traore and Nunez running thru defences with their power and pace, that could be a frightening combination? To have that as an option has got to be worth a try?

I've suggested in the shout box that we have the likes of Ox we can do a swap with Wolves which could suit both parties as both their contracts end June 23. We have other players who could be used in a swap deal because Wolves / Bruno Lange is looking for midfield and defence options with the likes of Moutinho, Neves and Saiss likely to be gone before the new season starts.

We could bolster our attack further and making it even better after Mane departure:

Salah, Diaz, Nunez, Jota, Bobby, Carvalho, Traore

With Origi, Minamino and Mane gone and the 5 subs rule we could elevate our attacking options even further!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
It looks like Everton are in talks with Wolves for Adama Traore with the asking price set at £10m, Traore is only 26 and his contract ends June 23.

It was not that long ago that Klopp was singing Traore's praises, calling him 'Undefendable' after Liverpool 1 v 0 Wolves game 15/3/21. Having described the 25-year-old winger as “unplayable”, “unbelievable” and “so good” after Liverpool’s 4-0 win over Wolves on 6/12/20, he returned to the theme after the Monday 15/3/21 game. Klopp said:
"The speed of Traore is actually undefendable in moments."

This taken from Liverpool Echo: Liverpool are among the clubs to have previously been linked with Traore, but Wolves' £100million valuation - and their preference for Jota - meant no deal was forthcoming.

Wolves Manager at the time Wolves manager Nuno Espirito Santo also said after the 15/3/21 game about Traore:"The moment that we, him and the team-mates realise how good Adama can be… I hope I will be here to see it, to do it," he said.

"Because Adama is unique, he’s very special. He’s so special, so unique, that you always want the best to happen to him.

"Adama is unique, I repeat, when I say unique I say unique all over football. There is no player like Adama."

He is a frustrating player to watch at times with his end product lacking, however with guidance of a top Manager like Klopp he may get the best out of Traore. Imagine having Traore and Nunez running thru defences with their power and pace, that could be a frightening combination? To have that as an option has got to be worth a try?

I've suggested in the shout box that we have the likes of Ox we can do a swap with Wolves which could suit both parties as both their contracts end June 23. We have other players who could be used in a swap deal because Wolves / Bruno Lange is looking for midfield and defence options with the likes of Moutinho, Neves and Saiss likely to be gone before the new season starts.

We could bolster our attack further and making it even better after Mane departure:

Salah, Diaz, Nunez, Jota, Bobby, Carvalho, Traore

With Origi, Minamino and Mane gone and the 5 subs rule we could elevate our attacking options even further!

Don't think Traore will fit our game, he needs lots of space to use his speed while we dominate with very few space as most of our opponents play/defend in their own half, he would be great for a counter attacking team

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I would be surprised if he went for £10 million, he does not have enough end product for me, so cannot see Klopp wanting him, Diaz is a much better all round player and can score goals, at best he would be useful off the bench when opponents tire, but cannot see him wanting to sit on the bench for us, he will want regular games.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
It would be very hard for any player that is not at the absolute elite stage of their career to turn down a move to work with probably one of the best Managers/Coaches in World Football.
The way the game in England is evolving, players know they have more chances from the bench and also in domestic cup comps.

If Traore has any ambition then to be Coached by either a Klopp or a Pep would be impossible to turn down. This is the advantage Man City and Liverpool have at the moment and it is one we should take advantage of whilst it lasts.

I'm certain Traore would jump at the chance to play for Liverpool and his salary shouldn't be too prohibitive - he currently earns £46,000 per week from Wolves - Ox is on £120,000 per week.

Even if we just flat out paid the £10m transfer fee, that is buttons and likely we would make a potentially huge profit if we eventually sold him on.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
It would be very hard for any player that is not at the absolute elite stage of their career to turn down a move to work with probably one of the best Managers/Coaches in World Football.
The way the game in England is evolving, players know they have more chances from the bench and also in domestic cup comps.

If Traore has any ambition then to be Coached by either a Klopp or a Pep would be impossible to turn down. This is the advantage Man City and Liverpool have at the moment and it is one we should take advantage of whilst it lasts.

I'm certain Traore would jump at the chance to play for Liverpool and his salary shouldn't be too prohibitive - he currently earns £46,000 per week from Wolves - Ox is on £120,000 per week.

Even if we just flat out paid the £10m transfer fee, that is buttons and likely we would make a potentially huge profit if we eventually sold him on.

There must be a reason why his price is 10m, I am sure Ox can be sold at a higher price

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Nahhhh don’t think so

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

There must be a reason why his price is 10m, I am sure Ox can be sold at a higher price

Ox unfortunately is made of the finest bone china. I doubt if anyone would pay £10m for him based on his injury record. Many of his appearances lately have seen him playing alongside Keita and when those 2 play together it is usually a car crash of a performance from both of them. I think it is clear to see that Elliott, Jones and Keita are a better fit in midfield when called upon. And Carvalho probably is too.

You know what you are getting with Traore and in a better team I am sure he would be a better player. It was a shock to see him left out by Wolves so many times when at one point he was their biggest asset. Then a bigger shock to be allowed out on loan. He clearly did not fit in at Barca but we do have a squad place in the forward line having let 3 go and only 2 coming in.

I agree he would be a no brainer signing in the same way Shaqiri was at the time. But I also suspect we have moved on past this level of signing.

He would be exciting off the bench though.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion