Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By BARTON42
I’m wondering do we play 3-5-2 .with Konate/Gomez as the third CB and Fabhino plus Thiago in the centre of midfield?

But we don't have enough midfielders and a lot of forwards

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
[/quote]So would your midfield be Thiago, Fabhino and Matip playing in front of Trent?

I'd actually put Matip in the center with Thiago left and Fabinho on the right. I think TAA would lose something if we tried him on right side midfield, he plays much better getting forward from deep as players backoff him. If TAA is further upfield I think part of his ability will get taken away because of how congested it gets the further upfield he is. TAA's passing is sublime from distance, also didn't he get tried a few times for England right side midfield and was pretty much a bust?

Elliott is a liability and we should look to use him in domestic cup comps or when games are done and dusted.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
So would your midfield be Thiago, Fabhino and Matip playing in front of Trent?

I'd actually put Matip in the center with Thiago left and Fabinho on the right. I think TAA would lose something if we tried him on right side midfield, he plays much better getting forward from deep as players backoff him. If TAA is further upfield I think part of his ability will get taken away because of how congested it gets the further upfield he is. TAA's passing is sublime from distance, also didn't he get tried a few times for England right side midfield and was pretty much a bust?

Elliott is a liability and we should look to use him in domestic cup comps or when games are done and dusted. [/quote]

Don't think Matip has the stamina to play in the midfield, he is already often injured playing in a position where he doesn't need to cover a lot of kms.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
i would put all my trust in elliot over taa, Trent can't be arsed to even try defend better.. elliot is a class act.. the next iniesta .

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Both Henderson and Trent unused subs in San Siro defeat.

Next game is Monday @Wembley v Germany it will be interesting to see if either of them play.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
i would put all my trust in elliot over taa, Trent can't be arsed to even try defend better.. elliot is a class act.. the next iniesta .

Even if he tried Eliott cannot defend, just like Iniesta. I think we have been conceding a lot especially on our right side because Eliott cannot cover TAA when he goes forward. Eliott is more of an attacking midfielder. TAA should stop playing in defence, he's never been a top defender but our best crosser of the ball second to probably on KDB

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
hendo always covered taa now hendo injured.

think the coaching staff bear the responsibility, our defending has been shocking even when we winning things. now our attack is blunted the shocking defending becomes more exposed . We seem to think looking unflustered and cool is defending.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
hendo always covered taa now hendo injured.

think the coaching staff bear the responsibility, our defending has been shocking even when we winning things. now our attack is blunted the shocking defending becomes more exposed . We seem to think looking unflustered and cool is defending.

Hendo always covered TAA because that was the plan when TAA bombs forward bit Eliott cannot do that. This is why I think our defence is so leaky on that side

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Fullback has been addressed well this season and we don't want to ruin Klopp's plans over Tsmikas or Robbo, it was a professional move recently, it's not often we get a real shot inside the 18 yard box with our left fullback against Tottenham Hotspurs. Though I agree with EngergisedReds looking at a top right back should be a priority, unless we are looking at having an overhaul of defensive systems. I was more intrigued by this thread for the mention of Harvey Elliot due to central midfield being a growth area with Curtis Jones getting a lot of minutes football, who will Klopp favour in the seasons to come if we land a new right back (someone with good passing and marking/crossing) , possibly depends on the performance of Szoboszlai (flying), Gravenberch and new guy Macallister?

Last edited by Torres65; 16/10/23 05:36 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion