Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#641064 07/08/22 09:14 AM
B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B

Roberto Firminio used to play in midfield for Hoffenhiem and I’m wondering is that something Klopp should think about now we have Nunez and with the injury to Thiago.

With Fabinho and Henderson at the base of Midfield Bobby could well provide the creativity we seem to be missing at times.

What are your thoughts guys?

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
It's an option, but our backup really is a big drop off from the quality of our strongest 3. It pi.sses me off hearing Klopp say we have enough midfielders when the fact is so glaringly obvious.
Those backup midfielders have had more than enough time to stake their case and each time they get their chance we are immediately weakened by their presence.

Keita is probably Klopp's worst signing because of the way he/we chased him and allowed him to stay at Leipzig for another year. Always looks like he's handling a hot potato when he has the ball.

Jones was a bit of a revelation when first given his chance - great goal in the derby, then the chances he's had, again he's been a disappointment. The confidence he once had has been eroded from him. Always plays it safe with none of the ingenuity he once had.

Ox spends more time on the treatment table and offers nothing when he does get an opportunity. Should have been sold as soon as window opened but got an injury at the first sniff of his preseason training kit!

Elliott I just don't get the fanfare for this kid? lightweight, easily shoved off the ball and seems to blind opinion with his headless chicken runs.

Carvalho, Klopp seems to put him centrally when he's brought on? I see Carvalho more as cover for Diaz on the left hand side, that's where he was a revelation for Fulham last season.

The kids we have are nowhere near ready to challenge for even a place on the 1st team bench.

We need a strong, creative midfielder who can drop back when needed and get forward to support the attack. If Klopp is waiting on Bellingham I think it's the wrong thing to do because his price will be ridiculous come next season. We need somebody now and if Klopp isn't willing to spend 100m now then that price tag for Bellingham is not going to change.

I think we should be going for Tielemans who has a year left on his contract and is going to be much more reasonably priced at 25 to 30m.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
We need a strong box to box midfielder Milner type but mid 20,s and we need him or her now !!!!!

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
4 midfielders currently out injured / sick: Jones, Thiago, Keita and Ox, leaving us with Hendo, Fab, Carvalho and Elliott to choose from!

Maybe Thiago's injury will be a blessing in disguise forcing Klopp's hand?

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Just looking at Free Agents at the moment out there for midfield and there's 2 possibilities:

Florian Grillitsch

The German Bundesliga has long been known as a league in which top English sides could find ready-made stars to help them in their quest up the Premier League table.

One such figure who could be the next import from the German top-flight is none other than Hoffenheim star Florian Grillitsch, whose side are on the cusp of European qualification but could find himself in new surroundings next season.

So how good is the Austria international and which clubs are hoping to snap him up in just a few months time?

What position does Florian Grillitsch play in?

Grillitsch is a central midfielder that can either play as a ball-winning or box-to-box midfielder, as well as a deep-lying playmaker. He can also play as a ball-playing central defender.

How good is Florian Grillitsch?

After coming through Werder Bremen’s youth academy, Grillitsch was introduced to Bundesliga football in 2015 and after two full seasons at the North German side, the midfielder made the move to Hoffenheim on a free transfer.

Since then Grillitsch has made over 140 appearances for Hoffenheim and established himself as a gifted Bundesliga midfielder, who can break up opposing moves just as well as he can begin them for his own side.

In that time the midfielder has also become a regular of the Austria national team and has played in over 30 games for his nation since making his debut in 2017.

What clubs are interested in Florian Grillitsch?

So far Grillitsch seems to have attracted interest from some of Italy’s biggest clubs thanks to his performances for Hoffenheim in the Bundesliga.

According to a report by Kicker last year, Napoli and Milan were both keen on making a move for the midfielder, but the player’s agent only confirmed contact from the latter. But nothing came of it before the summer window slammed shut.

In recent months, Grillitsch has instead attracted interest from Milan’s cross-city rivals, with CalcioMercato reporting in November that Inter have earmarked the Austrian as an ideal replacement for Marcelo Brozovic.

Naturally, the player’s contract situation has led to numerous reports around the player’s future, with Grillitsch himself admitting back in April that he may be ready to make the step up to a bigger club.

"I don't necessarily want to leave TSG, I have a contract until 2022. But I can imagine taking the next step in my career. I feel ready for that," the Austrian international told Kicker.

In late November the midfielder was linked with a move to Newcastle and Roma, with the Sun suggesting that both clubs were now neck-and-neck in pursuit of Grillitsch's sitgnature.

However, most recently, the Telegraph in England has suggested that Mikel Arteta is interested in adding the midfielder to his ranks at Arsenal next season if they can beat the other interested clubs to the signing.

When does Florian Grillitsch’s contract expire?
As previously mentioned, the midfielder’s contract at Hoffenheim is set to expire in June, 2022.

How old is Florian Grillitsch?
Grillitsch was born on August 7, 1995, which makes him 26 years of age.

What is Florian Grillitsch's height?
The midfielder is 1.87 meters or 6 ft 2 inches.

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/tra...er-are-fighting

More recently Brighton have been sniffing around Grillitsch and he has also played center back in his career, an option Klopp might feel is worth a punt at allowing the likes of Nat Phillips to move on.

Xeka - Miguel Rocha 27 years old

Who is Xeka?

Xeka (POR) is a a ball winning midfielder and currently plays for Lille. Xeka is 27 years old (1994/11/10) and he is 186cm tall. He prefers both feet. His jersey number is 8. Xeka has also been used as a holding midfielder and as a box to box midfielder.

Xeka's current transfer value is between €2M and €4M. His last transfer was from Lille to Dijon in 2017. Dijon loaned Xeka for free from Lille.

Statistically I don't think Xeka is a Klopp type of player and if we were to go for one of the 2, Grillitsch would be the most likely.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Fabino is the problem,been saying it for a while.. he is coasting these days. jimmy needs to start over him.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Just looking at Free Agents at the moment out there for midfield and there's 2 possibilities:

Florian Grillitsch

The German Bundesliga has long been known as a league in which top English sides could find ready-made stars to help them in their quest up the Premier League table.

One such figure who could be the next import from the German top-flight is none other than Hoffenheim star Florian Grillitsch, whose side are on the cusp of European qualification but could find himself in new surroundings next season.

So how good is the Austria international and which clubs are hoping to snap him up in just a few months time?

What position does Florian Grillitsch play in?

Grillitsch is a central midfielder that can either play as a ball-winning or box-to-box midfielder, as well as a deep-lying playmaker. He can also play as a ball-playing central defender.

How good is Florian Grillitsch?

After coming through Werder Bremen’s youth academy, Grillitsch was introduced to Bundesliga football in 2015 and after two full seasons at the North German side, the midfielder made the move to Hoffenheim on a free transfer.

Since then Grillitsch has made over 140 appearances for Hoffenheim and established himself as a gifted Bundesliga midfielder, who can break up opposing moves just as well as he can begin them for his own side.

In that time the midfielder has also become a regular of the Austria national team and has played in over 30 games for his nation since making his debut in 2017.

What clubs are interested in Florian Grillitsch?

So far Grillitsch seems to have attracted interest from some of Italy’s biggest clubs thanks to his performances for Hoffenheim in the Bundesliga.

According to a report by Kicker last year, Napoli and Milan were both keen on making a move for the midfielder, but the player’s agent only confirmed contact from the latter. But nothing came of it before the summer window slammed shut.

In recent months, Grillitsch has instead attracted interest from Milan’s cross-city rivals, with CalcioMercato reporting in November that Inter have earmarked the Austrian as an ideal replacement for Marcelo Brozovic.

Naturally, the player’s contract situation has led to numerous reports around the player’s future, with Grillitsch himself admitting back in April that he may be ready to make the step up to a bigger club.

"I don't necessarily want to leave TSG, I have a contract until 2022. But I can imagine taking the next step in my career. I feel ready for that," the Austrian international told Kicker.

In late November the midfielder was linked with a move to Newcastle and Roma, with the Sun suggesting that both clubs were now neck-and-neck in pursuit of Grillitsch's sitgnature.

However, most recently, the Telegraph in England has suggested that Mikel Arteta is interested in adding the midfielder to his ranks at Arsenal next season if they can beat the other interested clubs to the signing.

When does Florian Grillitsch’s contract expire?
As previously mentioned, the midfielder’s contract at Hoffenheim is set to expire in June, 2022.

How old is Florian Grillitsch?
Grillitsch was born on August 7, 1995, which makes him 26 years of age.

What is Florian Grillitsch's height?
The midfielder is 1.87 meters or 6 ft 2 inches.

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/tra...er-are-fighting

More recently Brighton have been sniffing around Grillitsch and he has also played center back in his career, an option Klopp might feel is worth a punt at allowing the likes of Nat Phillips to move on.

Xeka - Miguel Rocha 27 years old

Who is Xeka?

Xeka (POR) is a a ball winning midfielder and currently plays for Lille. Xeka is 27 years old (1994/11/10) and he is 186cm tall. He prefers both feet. His jersey number is 8. Xeka has also been used as a holding midfielder and as a box to box midfielder.

Xeka's current transfer value is between €2M and €4M. His last transfer was from Lille to Dijon in 2017. Dijon loaned Xeka for free from Lille.

Statistically I don't think Xeka is a Klopp type of player and if we were to go for one of the 2, Grillitsch would be the most likely.

Don't understand why we didn't go for Bissouma, thought we were interested in him some time back

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
Fabino is the problem,been saying it for a while.. he is coasting these days. jimmy needs to start over him.

Jimmy, wtf is Jimmy? Don't think we have any cover for Fabinho, this is why our midfield is is shambles when he is off form

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
He means jimmy case he would be ideal for our needs apart from he is in his 70,s

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I believe he means Milner

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion