KopTalk

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#640518 - 14/05/22 07:57 PM Minor details
Snakeye Offline
1st Team Regular

Loc: New Zealand
Minor details are decisive in these finals and top teams will use them to their advantage. I think if we play like that against Madrid we will lose, Madrid will attack us more and exploit our weaknesses. Alisson made some top saves again and apart from the Diaz chances I believe Chelsea had the better chances.

My first issue is the front 3, I don't think that front is working as a unit, it's all individualistic imo, you may disagree but I believe either Mane or Salah should be dropped for cl final, they are both off form and balls are just bouncing off them lately. Another option is to play our original front 3 and keep Diaz benched, that will give Salah and Mane more freedom as Firmino drops in to collect the ball and turn.

Jota should never play on the wing, he is our most natural finisher, I just don't understand Klopp. Mane is not a cf, he should of moved to the right where Salah was and Jota in the middle where he is more natural and use his heading ability.

The fifth penalty, I was pretty certain it would be Jota but Mane came up and missed. May not seem much but a very minor detail we need to not overlook if we want to win the cl. Mane and Mendy are team mates and friends, they know each other, Mendy watches Mane in training, he knows his technique, there could also be a psychological barrier because Mane may feel a bit sorry for his friend so it's a mistake to let a player take a penalty if the opposing keeper knows him well.

It's those extra details that decide a game sometimes, and if Klopp is too busy and he can't see or knows these things, his staff should be letting him know.

Finally I want to congratulate everyone for the cup double, enjoy it and have a lovely weekend.

#640524 - 15/05/22 09:25 AM Re: Minor details [Re: Snakeye]
AccaBoosty Offline
Under 23 Player

Some valid points but I do feel that having disposed of City and Chelsea that RM will find us too hot to handle. I agree that the front 3 is not quite firing but Diaz has to be the signing of the season and is going to get better. He has been thrown in and it is down to the others to start playing to his strengths and not their own. This is how this squad will evolve and its happening quicker now than perhaps it was intended to be.

The last time we played RM in a final our chances went with the injuries to Salah and Karius. Unfortunately they still have a couple of players who can dish it out and get away with it. We have only lost 3 games all season and unlike other seasons we have turned up to play and win.

Of those games we lost we were unfortunate. Against West Ham they should have had a player sent off after 12 minutes. Against Leicester Salah missed a penalty and v Inter we won the first leg but hit the woodwork 3 times in that second leg. The only time we didnt turn up was the first half v Villareal.

So it could be argued that if we play like the Cup Final we will lose but everyone knows if we turn up we are very very hard to beat. If RM fail to turn up we will absolutely crush them.

#640525 - 15/05/22 10:02 AM Re: Minor details [Re: Snakeye]
BARTON42 Offline
Under 16 Player

Some good points Snakeye but Diaz was MOTM yesterday and has been outstanding since he joined. He is a must starter for me.

Salah has not performed since AFCON but it hard to drop him.

Mane has been a bit better but still not at his best.

Jota is our best finisher so should play the no 9 role but where does that leave Mane?

The summer will be interesting to see what happens to Mane or Salah. I think one of them will leave.

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements 1

Liverpool FC Discussion
Play Firminio in midfield?
by Pickles
Yesterday at 05:30 PM
The Curious Case of Mamadou Sakho & why Klopp is a BOSS!
by AccaBoosty
07/08/22 07:44 AM
Fulham v Liverpool - MATCH THREAD
by Dunk
06/08/22 11:06 AM
Premier League Predictions 22/23 Season
by Pickles
05/08/22 12:25 PM
Ronaldo LEFT AT HALFTIME?! Hes completely disengaged!'
by Pickles
03/08/22 07:42 PM

Advertisements 2

General Discussion
Thread for relevant and funny memes
by Pickles
Today at 12:06 AM
Weather Channel Founder Tells CNN, Climate Change is a HOAX!
by Pickles
08/08/22 11:36 PM
Solemn
by Pickles
07/08/22 10:52 PM
BRAVO! Oz Senator Alex Antic - The Game Plan EXPOSED!
by Pickles
02/08/22 02:35 AM
So the second clown is gone
by EMP
25/07/22 01:11 AM

Top Posters (30 Days)
Pickles 31
EMP 27
Stanley Park 25
EnergisedReds 25
ecnirp98 20
AccaBoosty 10